Submit

Like Fishies?
  Yeah!
  Nah. . .
  Yummy! Fish Sticks!
View Results

Wyvern683

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:42 pm
He is a red and purple Beta named after Dante from Devil May Cry and he is oddly docile for a beta. The place we got him at kept him in a tiny, cramped plastic container and looked awfully sad. He is much happier in his 1 gallon tank (plus a small filter!) I understand they fight and need to be separated, but they could at least put them in a bowl.
Anyway. . .Do You guys like fishies? If not, Do you have any other cool pets?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:45 pm
I had a beta fish before. His name was Flidder. xD

I have a parakeet now. ^^ Skittles is an amazing bird. He's 6 years old.  

Chaosctrl

Chatty Vampire

5,050 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Wyvern683

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:48 pm
Chaosctrl
I had a beta fish before. His name was Flidder. xD

I have a parakeet now. ^^ Skittles is an amazing bird. He's 6 years old.

Six year-old parakeet? Really?I heard macaw parrots could lived to be 80.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 pm
I also have a black and white guinea pig named Momo. He is very spoiled!  

Wyvern683

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:41 pm
I have four cats:
Riley is gray and white long hair but she's shaved right now.
Beans(mom named her) is a long hair calico who is also shaved.
Caravaggio(Vaggie for short. VAH-gee not VAA-gee.) is a short hair gray and white.
Mimi is a short haired calico.

I like fish though so when I move out I think I might get some since I don't think I'd have to money to care for cats. Fish are cheap unless you get the really fancy ones that need saltwater tanks and such. I'm also sick of cleaning litter boxes since I've had cats all my life.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:16 pm
Zizzykitty
I have four cats:
Riley is gray and white long hair but she's shaved right now.
Beans(mom named her) is a long hair calico who is also shaved.
Caravaggio(Vaggie for short. VAH-gee not VAA-gee.) is a short hair gray and white.
Mimi is a short haired calico.

I like fish though so when I move out I think I might get some since I don't think I'd have to money to care for cats. Fish are cheap unless you get the really fancy ones that need saltwater tanks and such. I'm also sick of cleaning litter boxes since I've had cats all my life.

ooh.. yeah that's right.. litter boxes.. i remember my cat.. he was so fat and had the same look as garfield.. lols  

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:08 pm
I'm not a big fan of pets.
We had two pet goldfish about a year ago. One was named Wanda and one was Cosmo. (Guess where that came from... sweatdrop ) I'm not the one who named them, my little sister did.

My cousin got a cat recently and it's all white with a small grey stripe on top of his head. We call him Cliff because the grey stripe.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:57 am
I have two betta fish-one which I just got last week.

Odin-blue
Eros (my newest)-light blue/pink/red ((He's now the background on my cell phone.))

I also claimed my brother's cat as mine......even though she lives in another town with him.  

0Moon_Maiden0

Wyvern683

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:28 am
0Moon_Maiden0

Odin-blue
Eros (my newest)-light blue/pink/red ((He's now the background on my cell phone.))

I also claimed my brother's cat as mine......even though she lives in another town with him.

I did some research on Bettas last night and learned that they make nests out of bubbles. I also learned that the males care for for the young and chase the females away because the females will eat the babies!(which is opposite for most animals)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:15 am
Wyvern683
0Moon_Maiden0

Odin-blue

I did some research on Bettas last night and learned that they make nests out of bubbles. I also learned that the males care for for the young and chase the females away because the females will eat the babies!(which is opposite for most animals)

I knew about the bubble nests but never the males being so protective. Eros makes the 7th or 8th betta I've had since I was 16.  

0Moon_Maiden0

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:04 pm
0Moon_Maiden0
Wyvern683
0Moon_Maiden0

Odin-blue

I knew about the bubble nests but never the males being so protective. Eros makes the 7th or 8th betta I've had since I was 16.

The only animal that I knew ate it's young were hamsters. If you touch a hamster's baby it will consider it "contaminated" and eat it rather than let it suffer slowly then die. (in the hamster's brain those are the only options)
I think in some cases it will just abandon the "unpure" child rather than eat it.

I didn't know Beta fish ate young though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:30 pm
Interesting Fact: Miss Wyvern has already drawn Dante the fish, and likes to watch him whee

Super Mega Nope
Crew

Wyvern683

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:20 pm
Zizzykitty
0Moon_Maiden0
Wyvern683
0Moon_Maiden0

Odin-blue

The only animal that I knew ate it's young were hamsters. If you touch a hamster's baby it will consider it "contaminated" and eat it rather than let it suffer slowly then die. (in the hamster's brain those are the only options)
I think in some cases it will just abandon the "unpure" child rather than eat it.

I didn't know Beta fish ate young though.

Males of most species of cat kill kittens and most solitary carnivorus mammals do that. Komodo dragons will also eat their young.It is usually the males of the animal kingdom that attack babies, but for bettas, I guess it's different.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:24 am
I do! I used to keep them but then after Louie and a few others died mom never bought any again. It was too much work to keep a big tank and then again I had my cat. Now I don't have nay pets. After snuggle (my cat) we couldn't get another. Mom didn't like animals in the house but she accepted and loved snuggle. But she said after snuggle was gone their would be no more animals. (Which happened. ^^")  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces