Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
pagan motherhood? help please!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eartha oak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:28 pm
eartha oak
~merry-meet,

User ImageI am possibly expecting and I am asking for all your support! I am possibly gonna be alone in this one, a single mother-wolf if you will..lol...I had to add a laugh...no back to the subject I am jut asking maybe if some pagan mothers or fathers can give me any tips on pregnancy and or parenting..I just want to be a good mother,I am so young im only 18 but I can do this I jsut need some supoort and help like tips and info on pagan parenting.

~thankyou for taking the time to read!
blessed be!
<3
Eartha Oak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:25 pm
You might be able to raise your baby the pagan way if you teach him/her about magic or the different Gods and Goddesses, things like that.
[Disclaimer, you've just read the advice of a 14 year old with no baby experince.]  

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

eartha oak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:59 am
Beautiful Propaganda
You might be able to raise your baby the pagan way if you teach him/her about magic or the different Gods and Goddesses, things like that.
[Disclaimer, you've just read the advice of a 14 year old with no baby experince.]

~thankyou so much  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:37 am
Worry about "pagan" later. Seriously - raising a child alone, especially for the first year, is absolutely exhausting and takes a lot of resources, not the least of which will be your physical energy. You aren't going to have time or energy to worry about paganism.

I believe there is merit in letting children alone until they're old enough to make informed decisions about their religious leanings. If they ask you about something, answer them honestly...but let them come to you, and let them feel free to go to church or temple with other family members or friends as they grow older. They'll experience things for themselves.

Your child, also, will not really be old enough to begin to understand the most basic pagan ideas (whichever pagan path that is) until they're 2 or 3. And children at that age talk incessantly - which will include chattering to family, friends, and total strangers about whatever pagan things you've told them. Children do not often know discretion until they're much older - and some of the people they choose to share with may not understand your ways, or approve of them. There may be negative repercussions, for both you and your child.

At any rate, that's all very distant future. Start by confirming you are pregnant - see a doctor. If you are, focus on having a healthy pregnancy, and learning to raise a child properly. Take advantage of any programs designed to help first-time mothers, single mothers, or pregnant teens in your area, find a doula, midwife, or obstetrician, and eat properly for your baby.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Emerald_Angel28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:27 pm
heart First off, seeing a doctor would definitely be the best first step. Not everyone likes doing it, but having the blood test to confirm that you're pregnant is the best. It's quick and you can get the results the same day if you go to a good place.
Now, I'm only 19 but I know what you're going through. I don't have any kids of my own, but one of my best friends got pregnant our senior year of high school. I was forced, not that I wouldn't have gone, to go with her to all the appointments and such.
Because of that, I know that the health of you and your child must come first. Stuff like toys, schools, and religion can come later. You can still practice your tradition as you please, but I think waiting until your child is old enough to make their own religious decision would be good. I was baptised before I was a year old, and yet I'm on the pagan road now and I wish my parents hadn't tried to force me into something I didn't understand.
If you need any help or have questions, feel free to PM me. I work at a doctors office and can give a little advice. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:00 pm
Emerald_Angel28
heart First off, seeing a doctor would definitely be the best first step. Not everyone likes doing it, but having the blood test to confirm that you're pregnant is the best.

She posted in July. I'd say she knows by now one way or the other. wink  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Orchidsandfractals

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:48 pm
Good luck on the child if you're still expecting! Other than basic mothering things, I would suggest teaching your child about the Gods you worship, and to respect nature. I suppose when your child is 2-4, you could go with a group of pagan friends for a paganing(if you're not Wiccan.) if you think it would be supported in your religion, and encourage the child to follow the religion. Breastfeeding is good for your baby, and is more "natural", which may tie into some people's pagan beliefs if their beliefs tell them to respect nature and such. Natural ish parenting is good, but it's pricey if you're only 18 for some of the things. Things like blocks and breastfeeding and giving your child as much attention as you can are a good idea though, and not pricey. Things like cloth diapers are if you only have 1 child. My nephew is being raised by atheists who are very much hippies, and one of the things they do is try to raise him to accept others, and they also try to accept him, since he's a strange strange child. His favorite color is black(And this was even before he met "Goffy Aunty Annie", ie, Me.), he's been asking for a mohawk in his hair since he was first able to talk, and when he finally got one, he actually tried to color it black with his mother's hair dye, and he actually spikes it(For a 4 year old, actually trying ot style their hair consistantly on a regular basis is rare.), and he tries to sing Dead Kennedy's songs. He also has said he wants to be a punk when he grows up. XD He's adorable. Except when he tries to light my hair on fire. And burn things in general. He has a serious obession with fire that kid... XD Sweet and well behaved though for the most part.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games