Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
I'm thinking about joining the army... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OO23OO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:21 pm
I need to get out of my home town, I hate my job and I want an escape. I think I'm going to meet with a recruiter and talk it over. Not to mention the boss weapons I would get to handle.

Opinions? Suggestions?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:07 pm
What do you want to do in it? Don't just be an infantryman, there's no bonus right now.  

Tier One OPERATOR

OO23OO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:32 pm
Horrified Survivor
What do you want to do in it? Don't just be an infantryman, there's no bonus right now.
I'm not sure, I plan on looking at what is offered.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:52 pm
Get looking at possibilities first before you see a recruiter. The more you know, the better off you are.  

Tier One OPERATOR

Floyd

Quotable Prophet

14,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:06 pm
How much education do you have now?

The higher up the ladder at school, the better your odds of landing a career path to a specialty rather than a ground pounder's life in the less desirable places we're camping in today. Have a goal in mind, something you can make money at when you get out.

The military is a great place to jump start your life, as long as you don't get hurt along the way.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:49 pm
Floyd
How much education do you have now?

The higher up the ladder at school, the better your odds of landing a career path to a specialty rather than a ground pounder's life in the less desirable places we're camping in today. Have a goal in mind, something you can make money at when you get out.

The military is a great place to jump start your life, as long as you don't get hurt along the way.

This!

Also, you might want to consider officer school. They get paid significantly more than Enlisted soldiers ;P

-Rain  

Rain Duvell

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:12 pm
All i can say is the following:
Dont go Marines and dont go airborne.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:13 pm
Have you put any thought into the blue branches? Not only are you guaranteed not to be frontline infantry, but you'll get a better education and it's almost certain you will never get shot at. Also, the Air Force has awesome mess halls.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Barru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:12 pm
Fresnel
Have you put any thought into the blue branches? Not only are you guaranteed not to be frontline infantry, but you'll get a better education and it's almost certain you will never get shot at. Also, the Air Force has awesome mess halls.

I think I know why they have awesome mess halls.
Because that's where they spend most of their time.
BOOYAH!

Ah... seriously, how often do you get set up for something like that?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:19 pm
I'd definitely have to tell you to go Army, by far, they have the best training, plus, you don't have to wait for any transportation. Granted, I'm a bit biased.

HOOAH!!!!!!!!!!  

Twisted_Lover21

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200

OO23OO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:40 pm
Fresnel
This might sound a little messed up, but I wanna see action. I want to be there, taking out evil men, coving good men. I have no brothers or sisters, and I want that bond.

As for the other questions, I graduated highschool, and opted out of college. I don't like the style. I planned on looking to law enforcement as a career path after the military.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:54 pm
OO23OO
Fresnel
This might sound a little messed up, but I wanna see action. I want to be there, taking out evil men, coving good men.

That's what I wanted.

OO23OO
I have no brothers or sisters, and I want that bond.

You get it and much more, you become closer than you ever knew that you could. It's also a perk that you get to shoot magnificent guns(yeah, I love the weapons they use).

Twisted_Lover21

3,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200

OO23OO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:57 pm
Does anyone know the tattoo policy?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:50 pm
OO23OO

policy AR 670-1 "Visible tattoos or brands on the neck, face or head are prohibited. Tattoos on other areas of the body that are prejudicial to to good order and discipline are also prohibited. Additionally and tattoo visible in a long shirt sleeve uniform or class A are prohibited." Additionally at prejudicial tattoo is defined as "a sexist or racist tattoo to include gang affiliation identifiers". here is the only exclusions of a tattoo on a forearm.."having a tattoo visable on the forearm MAY disqualify one for eligibility in certain ceremonial units or special duty billets and MOS's such as embassy duty, Pentagon duty, recruiting duty and others at the discretion on the CO but will not effect duty assignment inside a primary occupational specialty."

Not sure of any others.  

Barru

Tier One OPERATOR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:51 pm
OO23OO
Can't be racist, gang-related, or visible in Class A uniform. Hidden under PT uniform is better, though.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff