Submit

Mac!
  Pc!
  Jelly-Beans!
View Results

dragontamer363
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:29 pm
Howdy. yes it's been done before (pretty much everywhere), but recently my sister got her laptop for uni, and since she's doing an illustration course she was advised to buy a mac. it's a beautiful machine, but i still stubbornly prefer my windows PC. Then agian, I was stubborn about internet explorer until i got the much-friendlier firefox, so is it a matter of just getting used to it...?

Anyways, this got me thinking of the PC vs Mac debate, and I wanted to hear your thoughts. What do you prefer and why? Which do you own? Does it really matter?

For the moment, the mac to me seems much flashier and -like firefox- is more geared for user-friendly/gimmicky everyday use, which makes it more entetertaining in many ways. However, it's not as versitile when it comes to software, and really it becomes an issue when one is in a house with both systems: both hardware and software instantly becomes unusable by a mac pc so it gets very expensive.
I'm divided. ho-hum.

plus, teh fact every damn program has the 'i' in front of it is annoying....  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:39 pm
I prefer my PC-probably because I'm so used to it.

I used a Mac for my digital class because that's what was in the lab. I was sort of scared of it....first off because the ones the school bought had huge screens (it might as well have been a TV), so many programs, and just the whole layout was completely different.

Another thing about the screens-it hurt my eyes and I joked to my friend that I thought it would suck out my soul. haha  

0Moon_Maiden0

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:27 pm
I'm a PC but I have a friend who is totally pro-mac. I've gotten in debates with her before but I'm a PC because it's what I've used my whole life. I don't like the inability to right click on Macs either. You have to hit the apple button first or something like that.

I figure why buy the more expensive computer so I can get photoshop cheaper when I can just pirate it? xd sweatdrop *shot*

I got in a debate with someone the other day too. It was actually about advertising rather than the computer themselves. She had her panties in a bunch since the new PC commercials were bashing how freaking expensive Mac's are, when I brought up how long Mac commercials have been bashing PC the only thing she had to say was "atleast those were funny" which isn't an argument at all. I won that round. (she wasn't happy about it either)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:19 am
Im alright with both. I use a pc at home and mac in school.  

Fate-J

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:33 am
I like PC better but again it's b/c I know it in and out since I've used it my whole life as well.
Mac was new to me and since it was only used at school for a few hours a day I didn't really have time to get used to it so much since it was mainly the programs I used on it rather than the computer so much.

Mac is nice and flashy but I find navigation easier in windows since I know it very well. ^_^
Plus like DT mentioned, I like the software thing about how everything is for windows while some things aren't compatible with mac.
Good thing about mac though is you have a less change of getting viruses b/c its not so popular like Windows.
For graphics and stuff...my PC works very well b/c it's enhanced. So to me it's better than a mac. Why is mac so popular for graphic classes? I think the PC is pretty good especially since there so many enhancing stuff you can get including computer screens.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:34 pm
It's a matter of preference and use. Both have strengths over the other, but also weaknesses.

Most viruses are geared towards PC. However, in general, PC is far more compatible with software. If you're a gamer, you'll want a Windows OS, preferably XP.

Mac is a bit more user-friendly, as well as being the strongest multimedia engine on the market. If you're a design student, you'll probably never end up using a Windows machine for it.

So it just depends on what you want to use it for. In general, I'd say go with a PC. Since I'm starting college to major in Graphic Design this fall, I'm getting a Mac, but I want to build a PC sometime once I get the money.

Flyentologist

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:17 am
So mac is graphiclly better b/c it's stronger in multimedia? Like no blue screen of death or crashes?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:37 am
PC is better for me. I only used Mac for school, and I hated it. My computer has never screwed up once. Well, there was this one strange time where my sister was mashing buttons on the keyboard and the screen flipped upside down! o.o
Good thing my grandpa knew how to fix it... :p

Death Shikaku

Flyentologist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:25 pm
Moonlight_HuangHou
So mac is graphiclly better b/c it's stronger in multimedia? Like no blue screen of death or crashes?
You can definitely make a Mac crash, but it's WAY harder to than a PC. PC's a highly prone to errors. Mac's seem more reliable in the long run. Adobe products integrate far better into the Mac OS, and since Adobe's the industry standard, it's given Mac's a reputation for that use.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:22 am
OMG PC VS MAC!!!!1 WOSAKASJASDFASDFJOKSD*

jk
but seriously:

PC: are more for gaming and business stuff

Mac: are more for music and movie creation and various art stuff and are more user-friendly

i use a PC cause all i really use it for is gaming >.<

*random babbling lol  

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:18 am
iGoldman
Moonlight_HuangHou
You can definitely make a Mac crash, but it's WAY harder to than a PC. PC's a highly prone to errors. Mac's seem more reliable in the long run. Adobe products integrate far better into the Mac OS, and since Adobe's the industry standard, it's given Mac's a reputation for that use.
Oh so that's it.
Thanks for the info goldman!!
I was just curious b/c I know i can't use adobe on my dell laptop (at least for a long amount of time) but I can use it on my pc without a system malfunction.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:20 am
Death Shikaku
PC is better for me. I only used Mac for school, and I hated it. My computer has never screwed up once. Well, there was this one strange time where my sister was mashing buttons on the keyboard and the screen flipped upside down! o.o

Death I like your signature pic! Looks so cool! (I love abstract images. ^^)  

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:21 am
Thanks. smile
Made it yesterday because I was bored. The code is in the Guild Banners sticky if anyone wants to use it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:22 am
Moonlight_HuangHou
Death Shikaku

Death I like your signature pic! Looks so cool! (I love abstract images. ^^)

lol i did that once on a school computer before, its actually a key combination, like CTRL+something else (left arrow, right arrow etc, cant remember though D: ) but i put the screen back to how its supposed to be though, and ive used a comp at school where someone else did that, its funny the first time, but gets annoying/stupid after that...

but its always funny when someone who doesnt know that when the screen is changed like that nothings really wrong freak out >.< (i never did that though, only did it once and like i said, switched the screen back to its normal orientation right afterwards) though i think once the tech support people at my school found out about it, they removed either the command, changed the command or just did something that prevented users from using the command  

xylert

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Death Shikaku

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:19 pm
I didn't know it was a CTRL code. surprised
I used to get on the school computer and invert the colors of the screen. The librarian would always start freaking out and lecturing us not to do it. One time, when there was a book fair, tons of my friends and I made all the computers in the computer lab like that. twisted

*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff