Welcome to Gaia! ::

Geocaching Guild

Back to Guilds

A high tech treasure hunting game using handheld GPS units. 

Tags: geocaching, hiking, camping, treasure, adventure 

Reply Geocaching Guild
Geo-Gear

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DenvoPryde

3,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:35 pm
I was out today caching(found 12 of 12) and I was thinking what do you carry with you and were to you carry it.
I of course carry first-aid stuff in my backpack and on my belt. In my backpack I also carry water, food, duct tape, compass, geoswag, emergency blanket, poncho, garbage bags(CITO), paper and ink. On my belt I carry gloves, multi-tool, a small bag, and a pen on a hook.
This is of course for big cache days on small quick ones it is just the belt stuff and some geoswag. Also I use a walking stick, does anyone else one?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:01 am
I usually carry a backpack with an extra compass, spare batteries, trading swag, a couple pens, a little first aid kit, mirror, LED light, small knife, small towel from cleaning hands or drying sweat on muggy days and a couple bottles of water.

Usually some Deep Woods Off to keep the ticks and mosquitoes away too.  

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100

7raindrops

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:43 am
I am going on my first one today. I am planning on it being a short one not taking more than an hour. So just pen, notebook, and some trading swag.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:53 pm
Depends. We live very close to the moutains and are planning on moutain biking to a few tomorrow as well as checking on a cache we have placed nearby. I keep my GPS in an old camera case which has four loops to hold extra batteries and a small pouch to carry trackables. I always take this case, no matter if it's an urban micro or a large out in the woods. For wilderness caches we usually bring a backpack with food and water, small first aid kit, a flashlight, garbage bag packed in a film canaster (for thoose CITO moments) and a bag full of swag ^^
In this case we will also be bringing some duct tape and spare plastic bags incase the cache is in need of some minor repair.  

lightning_fall

CandyRazor

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:58 am
I feel lame i live in clearwater and am very new to caching so I only take a pen so far but I'm starting a geo caching bag! I just dont know what to put in it... redface  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:24 pm
CandyRazor
I feel lame i live in clearwater and am very new to caching so I only take a pen so far but I'm starting a geo caching bag! I just dont know what to put in it... redface

The most important thing of all to have is a first-aid kit of some sort.  

DenvoPryde

3,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

7raindrops

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:58 pm
yes that is the most important thing, my boyfriend fell last week when we were out caching and we had to go back home because i didn't have a first aid kit in my car.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:32 pm
Extra batteries are also a must. It's horrible to have to give up on a cache when you're 100m away and your batteries die >.<  

lightning_fall

DenvoPryde

3,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:37 pm
I actually put batteries in my first-aid kit, makes it very easy to get to.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:52 pm
What I bring, now. haha

gps, and a pen.
first aid is in the car
bug spray
swag  

7raindrops

WiFiDucky

Invisible Prophet

7,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:52 am
im more of a hardcore geocacher id say i have my gps and my stamp lol thats it :/ i dont fear getting lost or anything so why way myself down lol
what will be will be maybe some day ill make a little backpack kit but for now all i need is my gps oh ja and swag in my pockets lol  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:56 pm
I also tell at least one person where I'm going and when I will be back at the latest  

7raindrops

Geocaching Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff