Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 11 Level 3 - Advanced RPs (archive)
Character Creation and Discussion Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:06 pm
I only kind of stole this from Venom3001

If you post it, we will judge...kindly, of course.

Here is the place to create your character and discuss your character (duh). Rather than PMing me your profiles, I want you to post up any ideas and any profiles in progress here for me and everyone else to look over and give constructive criticism as how to improve the RPer's profile, characters, and ideas.
Once the profile is acceptable, I will send you a PM discussing an entry point and I'll post your profile up in the Accepted Profiles thread.

ADDENDUM: If you are uncomfortable with posting your profile here for everyone to judge, feel free to send it to me in a PM and I will judge it personally

Now, to take the skeleton out of the closet:

Traditional form:

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] ((I’ll be really lenient with ages, you may be any age you want so long as you are old enough to function and have motor skills, but not so old as you can’t function properly.))
[b]Personality:[/b] ((Be specific, give enough so we can get a clear idea on how your character will act, and please, try to add some flavor.))
[b]Appearance:[/b] ((Be very specific, the image I get in my mind should be the same as yours and everyone else who imagines your character))
[b]Bio:[/b] ((You don’t need much, just enough to get an idea of their past, what they’ve been through, and why they are the way they are.))
[b]Occupation:[/b] ((Be realistic, civilians, cops, military personnel, and any other job someone in a small town would have is fine. But nothing like mercenaries, or “hitman”, or assassin, those are not realistic at all for an everyday town. Any occupation that is unrealistic will not be accepted and you will be asked to change it.))
[b]Skills:[/b] ((Again, please be realistic! The supernatural stuff will happen soon enough.))
[b]Other:[/b] ((Anything I may have missed or that you want others to know.))
[b]?????:[/b] ((N/A…for now))
[b]Inventory:[/b] ((List everything he/she has, items, weapons, personal trinkets, everything significant. I will edit this based on the events of the RP and what your character loses or gains. Everyone will always have the Silver Coin in their inventory.)) Silver Coin,
[b]Status:[/b] ((This is for me [see “Status”]. If you wish, you may suggest that your character start in a different status rather than “Good”.)) [size=24][b][color=limegreen]Good[/color][/b][/size]
[b]Physical Condition:[/b] ((Broken bones, asthma, and such will be listed here. Feel free to list any you want to start the RP with.))
[b]Mental Status:[/b] Mentally sound [size=24][color=pink]o[/color][color=lightblue]-[/color][color=blue]-[/color][color=limegreen]-[/color][color=yellow]-[/color][color=orange]-[/color][color=red]-[/color][color=darkred]-[/color][color=brown]-[/color][color=gray]-[/color][/size]Insane ((This is for me, [see “Mental Condition”]. Feel free to set the “o” to anywhere on the bar [other than “Insane”] if you wish for your character to start out partially insane.))
[b]Mental Condition:[/b] ((This is where your newly existing/preexisting mental conditions will be listed. Feel free to list any disorders [if any] that you want your character to begin with.))

ADDENDUM: In lieu of a personality, appearance, occupation, and biography, I will also be accepting tableaus due to their increasing popularity. Feel free to send me either.

Tableau form:

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] ((I’ll be really lenient with ages, you may be any age you want so long as you are old enough to function and have motor skills, but not so old as you can’t function properly.))
[b]Tableau:[/b] (("... a frozen image of your character that manages to capture all the intricacies of who they are. It should manage to include: physical description, preferred weapons, dominant personality traits, primary interests, and anything else that flavors your character. Be imaginative and utilize the beauty of the English language to flesh out your character in this one brief glimpse. I want you to paint me a picture of your character with words."))
[b]Skills:[/b] ((Again, please be realistic! The supernatural stuff will happen soon enough.))
[b]Other:[/b] ((Anything I may have missed or that you want others to know.))
[b]?????:[/b] ((N/A…for now))
[b]Inventory:[/b] ((List everything he/she has, items, weapons, personal trinkets, everything significant. I will edit this based on the events of the RP and what your character loses or gains. Everyone will always have the Silver Coin in their inventory.)) Silver Coin,
[b]Status:[/b] ((This is for me [see “Status”]. If you wish, you may suggest that your character start in a different status rather than “Good”.)) [size=24][b][color=limegreen]Good[/color][/b][/size]
[b]Physical Condition:[/b] ((Broken bones, asthma, and such will be listed here. Feel free to list any you want to start the RP with.))
[b]Mental Status:[/b] Mentally sound [size=24][color=pink]o[/color][color=lightblue]-[/color][color=blue]-[/color][color=limegreen]-[/color][color=yellow]-[/color][color=orange]-[/color][color=red]-[/color][color=darkred]-[/color][color=brown]-[/color][color=gray]-[/color][/size]Insane ((This is for me, [see “Mental Condition”]. Feel free to set the “o” to anywhere on the bar [other than “Insane”] if you wish for your character to start out partially insane.))
[b]Mental Condition:[/b] ((This is where your newly existing/preexisting mental conditions will be listed. Feel free to list any disorders [if any] that you want your character to begin with.))

I will generally allow two characters. Possibly a third if you can convince me. Special characters that I have offered you do not require a profile but are generally controlled by you (such as Workmen) do count towards this total.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:34 pm
Username:
Name: Rebecca Westlake
Personality: Rebecca is incredibly shy. She only speaks when spoken to and even then she says little. She tends to avoid crowds of people and will sometimes go out of her way to bypass them. Other than that, she is an open-minded and brilliant child. She will often consider something for a considerable amount of time before forming an opinion; though these are, for the most part, kept to herself.
Appearance: Rebecca stands at 5’1”. Her body is strong and lithe thanks to her swimming. Recently, Rebecca’s body has started to change, taking on a more womanly shape. She still has a long way to go though. Her face is open and innocent, her vivid blue eyes calmly taking in everything around her. Unblemished, her pale skin burns easily. When she isn’t wearing it up in a ponytail, her blonde hair falls to the middle of her back. Rebecca is currently wearing a pair of denim capri pants, sandals and a light blue tank top. She also wears a charm bracelet around her right wrist with the following charms: a moon, a dolphin, a star, and a sun.
Bio: Rebecca grew up in a normal household as an only child. There is no explanation for her shyness, its just a part of her nature. Rebecca did exceptionally well in school, not enough to allow her to skip a grade, but enough for her teachers to let her shyness pass. With the advent of middle school, things became just a little tougher and to help cope, Rebecca took up sketching and swimming to relieve the stress. Recently, a letter arrived at her house. It was an invitation for her father, who was away on a trip, to the Penfold Estate. Curious as to why her father would be invited to an abandoned mansion, Rebecca decided to check the place out, silver coin in hand.
Skills: Sketching, Strong Swimmer
Other:
?????: N/A
Inventory: Silver Coin, Blue Backpack, Hairbrush, 3 Hair Ties, 7 Pieces of Spearmint Gum, Charm Bracelet, Sketchpad, Graphite Pencils of varying hardness, Pencil Sharpener, House Key, Flashlight, Bottled Water, Snack Bars
Physical Condition:
Mental Status: Mentally sound o---------Insane
Mental Condition: Intermittent Explosive Disorder- No manifestation as of yet.  

Anima Shadow

Beloved Raider

6,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200

SirBayer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:58 pm
Looks good to me. I don't see anything in the bio about the invitation, which I suppose isn't critical, but might be nice.

Also you might be going a bit young, but I don't see that it'll honestly be a problem. Just don't forget your physical limitations and I can't see why Foreigner would have any objections.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:01 pm
Every good horror story needs a child. As to the invitation, I probably should add something, though a question first. Would the desire to visit the estate still affect someone holding the coin if they weren't the one to whom the letter was addressed?

Just thinking of leaving open a pathway for a future character.  

Anima Shadow

Beloved Raider

6,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200

SirBayer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:19 pm
I don't know that this is true... I'm thinking that if you were to have a future character, they should be like Juliet Dramsten (my character), someone who went after her father after he didn't come back after a while.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:22 pm
Mm. Well, I'll wait to see what Foreigner thinks.  

Anima Shadow

Beloved Raider

6,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:35 pm
Well, I don't see anything wrong with the profile. While she is a tad young, as long as you keep her physical limitations in mind, it'll be fine.
As for being drawn to the manor if the letter wasn't addressed to them, simple curiosity could still draw someone in.
It's your choice, but if you go with that, please mention it in the bio.

(Thank you for participating, Bayer)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:42 pm
Not a problem.  

SirBayer

Anima Shadow

Beloved Raider

6,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:21 pm
I edited the profile. Unless there's anything else, I think its ready.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:52 am
Username: Dreamshell
Name: Thomas Sumner
Personality: Superficially, Thomas seems the everyman; an approachable, modest individual quietly content with his small, but fulfilling life with his young wife (12 years his junior), Rebecca. He is a kind man who possesses an air of stability and fatherly/brotherly compassion, making him an easy person to talk with or ask for advice.
Though able to pull off a competent and convincingly average façade, beneath the surface Thomas is fraught with various disassociative symptoms. He often feels detached from his life and the world around him, as if it is all a dream he has no hope of waking from. He also feels many of his actions are beyond his control, and fears he might one day lose his grip on himself entirely. As such, Thomas prefers not to be alone.
Appearance: Thomas is a middle-aged Caucasian male with short, light brown hair, blue eyes, and an attractive, if also “hangdog” appearance. He is of average height and in good shape due to periodic jobs in manual labor. Due to his current job, he usually wears a button-up shirt with a tie and chino/khaki pants, otherwise he wears jeans and t-shirts like most everyone else.
Bio: No one knows much about Thomas Sumner before he came to Corona. Even Rebecca knows little, having met him in New York City a few months prior to their marriage and move to Corona. Though Thomas seldom talks about his past, what he has revealed is he grew up “in suburbia” with a civil servant father and a stay-at-home mother. Further prompting from others simply wins a shrug and the admittance that there's “not really anything to tell.”
Despite this idiosyncrasy, his life in Corona has been busy and community-oriented. Thomas has involved himself in a number of organizations and projects for the town and most people he comes across know him by reputation, if not personally.
Rebecca recently received an invitation to the Penfold estate, but Thomas hasn't seen her for some time now. Disturbed by her disappearance, he has gone to the mansion to track her down.
Occupation: Thomas is something of a job-hopper, never keeping one long, for one reason or another. Presently, he works as a work supervisor at a local distribution center and has a seat on the city council.
Skills: Thomas has shown himself to be a cool-headed leader as well as an advisor, with no signs of ego affecting his ability to give or take orders. He is just as likely to work alongside a bunch of blue-collar guys as he is more office-based/managerial types, being both an able “heavy lifter” and coordinator. On a freak occasion where he needed to defend a friend in a bar, he showed he could handle himself in a fight. His movements implied some formal training, though he denies any.
Other: He occasionally gets staggering migraines.
?????: ((N/A…for now))
Inventory: Jacket (wearing), wallet ($37, no ID, no credit cards), pocket change, company pen, pocketknife, a folded note from Rebecca, cell phone, wristwatch, and a S&W Model 27 revolver with a 3 ½” barrel (six rounds).
Physical Condition: Fit
Mental Status: Mentally sound -o--------Insane
Mental Condition: Depersonalization disorder (DPD; undiagnosed, largely unnoticed)

---

EDIT: A profile for Rebecca will follow "shortly."  

Dreamshell

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:09 am
Anima Shadow, your profile is accepted, I will move it to the Uninvited Guests thread when I have time, in the mean time, I'll shoot you a PM.

Dreamshell, good to see you're joining, the only problem I can see with your profile is where the revolver comes in. And if he is to be an Uninvited guest, I would allow you to go ahead and create a profile for Rebecca, much like what Bayer had done for Juliet and Arthur.

Once that's done, I have a pretty decent entry point for both of your characters that we can discuss.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:11 am
Could you elaborate on why the revolver's a problem? Regardless, fair enough, I'll edit.

Update: Okay, edit's done. I'll get to work on a profile for Rebecca, I guess?  

Dreamshell

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:13 am
Simply why he has a revolver in the first place. If the reason is good enough, I'll probably let you keep it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:15 am
So, is it that having one is a problem, or you want an explanation for it? Either way, I'm cool. Sans gun is fine.

EDIT: Ack. We're tailing each other. >_O  

Dreamshell

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:18 am
I would like an explaination as to why he would have one. If it's good enough, you can keep it.

I noticed O_o  
11 Level 3 - Advanced RPs (archive)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces