Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 11 Level 3 - Advanced RPs (archive)
Door 7 - Odin Junction Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:44 pm
Odin Junction:

Complex:

Complex is supposedly the largest city in Odin Junction

Checkpoint 001:

The first place one will find themselves upon passing through the seventh door is in a room about ten cubic feet in size. The floor and ceiling consist of honeycomb metal grating divided into four squares and reinforced by diagonal beams underneath, creating an X in each of the squares. Pipes, fans, and other machinery can be seen beneath the floor and there are two large fans in opposite corners of the ceiling. Also lining the edges of the ceiling are tubes that bath the room in a pleasant, violet light. The walls are dull gray and featureless apart from the airlock door on the wall opposite the seventh door and the camera above said airlock.

After a brief moment a faint, a green light will shine from the camera lens and scan anyone in the room. After several passes the green light shut off. If the current occupants are found to be free of the infection, a decontamination process will begin. If they are found to be infected, a purge will begin.

The decontamination process begins when the lights that emit the violet light suddenly begin strobing a bright blue light. Then a hissing can be heard as an aerosol is pumped into the room through the grate on the floor. A metal arm from the back wall that spans the width of the ceiling and curves down on each side about a quarter of the way down the walls begins to slowly move across the room and emit a concentrated blue light that bathes the occupants completely as it passes over. After several passes it stops, the lights cease strobing and begin to emit the violet light again, the remaining aerosol is pumped from the room, and the airlock door opens with a hiss and a greeting:

"Decontamination complete. Welcome to Complex, the largest city in Odin Junction! Please enjoy your stay."

The room beyond the airlock is at least thrice the size of the decontamination room. The floor is laid out in a two-corner clip tile fashion with black as the primary color and brass as the secondary. Every ten by ten area of tiles is surrounded by a thick, brass border. The floor is decorated with armchairs, a simple black coffee table on the right, a few abstract end tables, and several potted plants of unknown varieties. The walls are dark gray and are featureless apart from a flat screen television on the right wall, the double glass doors at the front, and a booth covering a third of the left wall with the words "Information Center" above it. The ceiling is the same as the walls and has small, round lights at regular intervals to keep the room lit. Directly in front of where one leaves the decontamination room is a row of metal detectors with small plastic bins on conveyor belts next to each one. On either side of the metal detectors are guards wearing gear similar to that of modern-day SWAT members and full gas masks. Each guard carries what looks like a type of assault rifle.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:55 pm
Reserved  

NativeForeigner

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:55 pm
Residents:

Guests:

-Ton'yell (Isa)
-Ro (NativeForeigner)
-Jasper (thegoodsamaritan)
-Alex (siberdrac)
-Andreas (Venom)

Uninvited Guests:

-Alastair (NativeForeigner)
-Juliet (Sirbayer)
-Gwendolyn (Elesariin)
-Jordan (Anchou)  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:56 pm
Reserved  

NativeForeigner

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:57 pm
Intro:

On the other side of door seven the guests found themselves in a room about ten cubic feet in size. The floor and ceiling consisted of honeycomb metal grating divided into four squares and reinforced by diagonal beams underneath, creating an X in each of the squares. Pipes, fans, and other machinery could be seen beneath the floor and there were two large fans in opposite corners of the ceiling. Also lining the edges of the ceiling were tubes that were bathing the room in a pleasant, violet light. The walls were dull gray and featureless apart from the airlock door on the wall opposite the door they came through and the camera above it.

Hunter was the last person to enter the room and closed the door once he was through.

"Visitors detected in Checkpoint 001. One moment, please." A female voice said, apparently through the camera. After a brief moment a faint, green light shone from the camera lens and began to scan the group. After several passes the green light shut off. "Scans reveal no signs of infection. Scans reveal Workmen Hunter among the visitors. Room sealed, proceeding to decontamination. We recommend shielding your eyes."

Those who failed to close their eyes did so immediately when the lights that were emitting the violet light suddenly began strobing a bright blue light. In addition to the strobing lights, a hissing could be heard as an aerosol was also pumped into the room through the grate on the floor. From behind the guests a metal arm spanning the width of the ceiling and curving down on each side about a quarter of the way down the walls began to slowly move across the room and emit a concentrated blue light that bathed the guests completely as it passed over. After several passes it stopped, the lights ceased strobing and began to emit the violet light again, the remaining aerosol was pumped from the room, and the airlock door opened with a hiss.

"Decontamination complete. Welcome to Complex, the largest city in Odin Junction! Please enjoy your stay."

The room beyond the airlock was at least thrice the size of the decontamination room. The floor was laid out in a two-corner clip tile fashion with black as the primary color and brass as the secondary. Every ten by ten area of tiles is surrounded by a thick, brass border. The floor was decorated with armchairs, a simple black coffee table on the right, a few abstract end tables, and several potted plants of unknown varieties. The walls were dark gray and were featureless apart from what appeared to be a flat screen television on the right wall, the double glass doors at the front, and a booth covering a third of the left wall with the words "Information Center" above it. The ceiling was the same as the walls and had small, round lights at regular intervals to keep the room lit. Directly in front of the guests was a row of what could be determined to be metal detectors. On either side of the metal detectors were guards wearing gear similar to that of modern-day SWAT members and full gas masks. Each guard was carrying what looked like a type of assault rifle. Their gazes were kept steady on the Guests.

Hunter placed several knives in a plastic bin and set it aside on a conveyor belt before passing through the threshold. He gathered his knives on the other side and gestured for everyone to follow through. Alastair was the first to comply. One of the guards instructed him to place any metal objects in the plastic bin before passing through. Complying, Alastair went to place his gun in the bin. However, the moment it was revealed that he possessed a weapon the guards had their own weapons raised and were demanding that he get on the floor. "Easy now, lads." Alastair said as he slowly set his gun down and raised his hands. He glanced at Hunter for advice as one of the guards began to approach.

"Peace. They are here with the permission of the Majesty of Colours. Let them keep their weapons." Hunter explained while calmly staring down the approaching guard. The guards shared a glance and nodded.

"Alright. By authority of the Majesty you can keep your weapons. Just don't cause any trouble." One of the guards said. "Now come on, the rest of you come through. Don't worry about putting your stuff in the bins."

The guards returned to their posts while the guests filed through the detectors and ignored any alarms that went off.

Hunter pointed at the information center. "Any information you may need can be found there. I know little about this place. Good luck." He bid them farewell and left back through the door.

"Well... here we are!" Ro announced. "We should probably find someplace to stay, huh?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:58 pm
It hadn't been an easy decision - well, no, Juliet hadn't wanted it to be an easy decision, but it really was - leaving her father behind in the forest, but she needed a break and he just wouldn't go. She stayed close to Alistair, foresaw the bright lights and aerosols well enough to close her eyes, and watched Hunter wander through.

Maybe it was the uniform - as similar as it was to any old SWAT team's, it just didn't jive with Juliet; maybe it was just the circumstance, but the very second the tension began Juliet unholstered her Five-seveN and put her shoulder to the nearest convenient bit of cover, in this case the rather insufficient conveyor belt. Within the half second she'd also placed her left hand on Alastair's belt, preparing to pull him down if a firefight began. Given the angles, they'd both still probably be shot, but she wanted to at least give him a chance, which he wouldn't have up there with his hands up.

"Peace." It took Juliet a second to realize what Hunter was doing, but when she saw it she slowly released her grip on Alastair, stood up, and carefully displayed her service pistol as she slid it back into its holster.

For good measure she shifted her purse off her shoulder and briefly displayed the subcompact Glock too. "Just so you're not surprised," she told them, then slid it back into its pocket and zipped her purse shut again. The switchblade would be her little secret. For now.

"Yes. Someplace to stay." Juliet was still distracted, and she suddenly found that her hand had, after migrating off of Alastair's belt, migrated onto his shoulder, as though she was still planning on tackling him for his safety. She remained fixated on the guards. Not her enemies, of course, but now she was terribly, terribly uncomfortable - the shock of not being the arm of the law had only just begun to set in. She was no longer a recognized officer of the law. And the law here was different anyway.  

SirBayer

Isa-sama

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:51 pm
Ton'yell had been interested by the decor up until their introduction to the guards of the place. The minute she felt the slightest bit of tension, she made sure she was in between the guards and Alex. She did not want him caught in whatever mess might have happened, but Hunter took care of that quickly enough.

Unlike the female cop, Ton'yell did not reveal anything from her purse to security. If she didn't have to, then she wouldn't. Once the group had passed (and keeping Alex as close to her as she could), she walked over to the information center and said, "Hello. We're new here, and I was wondering if you could tell us about any accommodations in the area. I would also like a map of the city if you have one."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:00 am
Alastair was glad to have Juliet by his side, especially when guns were pulled on him. He had failed to consider that he was an officer of the law in this world and was at a loss when the guards turned their rifles on him. He breathed a sigh of relief when Hunter had spoken - even though Juliet had been by his side ready to take action, he didn't want to think of what would have happened had Hunter not been there.

He turned to Juliet and smirked, trying to break the tension. "Lass, I felt your hand on my belt back there. If ye want my pants off, all ye have to do is ask." Alstair joked with a wink.

Behind the counter was a very short and somewhat rotund man with a receding hairline wearing a white shirt and a black waistcoat. In his hands he held a clear object the size and shape of a sheet of paper. When Ton'yell approached he tapped the object and it lit up. The man glanced at Ton'yell, adjusted his glasses, mumbled a greeting, and then started reading something from the device.

"Language: Empyrean; purpose: visiting; numbers: nine; origin: ... From where do you hail?" He asked, looking up from the device.

"Uh, Corona." Ro answered.

"Ah! You mean the city in that other world, right? Splendid! It's been a while since we've had any visitors from - what was it, Earth? Always such nice folk coming from there. It's my pleasure to personally welcome you to Complex, the largest city in Odin Junction! I'm terribly sorry about the security. With the infection spreading like it is and the MADmen causing problems we've had to take measure to ensure that Complex remains safe and infection-free."

He tapped the device a few more times then set it aside and pulled a folded map out from a drawer. He unfolded it, marked a few locations with a pen, refolded it, and handed it to Ton'yell.

"I've marked your current location on the map along with the nearest quality hotel able to accommodate your numbers and a few other points of interest you might like to check out. A few shops, a couple of public seminars happening soon, that sort of thing. To find the hotel, just leave this building, turn right, walk for three blocks, and it will be on your right. Highland Hotel. If you need anything else, there's a number on that map you can reach us by. Oh! And I nearly forgot, do you have any currency you would like to exchange? The going rate is one to two."  

NativeForeigner

SiberDrac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:26 pm
Jesse was in a little piece of heaven, and Chris didn't exactly mind being there.

SCIENCE

COMBAT

SCIENCE

COMBAT

ELECTROLYTES, TURBOLYTES, POWERLYTES but they did not have time for memes, because after the decontamination process, guns were being drawn on them - guns that didn't seem happy to relax when a young, blond boy slouching and giving everyone an insolent smirk began unloading. Broken glass, makeshift bombs, at least one pocket knife, and of course a book of matches. No, it wasn't anything terribly impressive, but the fact that he was armed at all at least made him feel somewhat confident. Plus, he could throw lightning, so what did he have to worry about?

Once through, he hung out at Ton'yell's side, eyes drinking in the setting, especially the guards. Chris, though still weak, seemed eager to learn about this new environment. Alex was just happy the two of them seemed to be in agreement about something. Eventually, the boy's eyes riveted on the weaponry the guards were holding, not seeming to care about the architecture or the layout, or even the idea of a hotel. He was not about to argue with or resist Ton'yell, though, if she decided to take him one direction or another. It was touching to him, even behind the street urchin chivalry that made him try to push her out of the way, that she would still try to protect him.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:56 pm
Ton'yell took the map from the man and unfolded it. It was easy to read, thank God, and she was happy to hear that the hotel wasn't too far away.

She pursed her lips at the thought of currency. "I think I will, if you don't mind." She pulled out a twenty dollar bill and asked, "do you know how much the hotel costs?" She really hoped that the twenty would be enough to get Alex and herself a room. "And, on the off chance that you do, do you accept credit cards here?" The psychologist highly doubted it, but it was better to ask now that she was able to.  

Isa-sama

SiberDrac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:57 am
"So… Uh… Ms. Jordan." Jesse coughed into his hand as though striking a business deal. "What if… we like… kinda walked through the place? Just to, y'know… figure out what it's like?"

Ton'yell looked over at Jesse when he asked a question. "We can do that. Just don't run away from me," she lightly joked. "Did you want to check out the shops or just walk around?"

His first thought was, "Ew… shopping…" until Alex, who really had no problem with shopping since it so frequently led to toys, reminded him… that it frequently led to toys. "Yes! Shops. I mean… uh… can we?" His eyes were flicking all around the room. This was supposed to be his plane. Guns, technology, war!

The psychologist chuckled and rubbed his hair. "Sure. Here's the map if you want to check it out," she said as she handed him the folded up map. There had been other things marked on the map, and perhaps Alex, Jesse, or Chris would want to check out something else rather than shop.

"Wait, you're not coming with game store. Game store." The words were repeated because Alex so brightly said it from the back of Jesse's mind. Game store. Future game store. Nerf guns… of the future. Best laser tag… He started wandering off, nose in the map, reading off other places he could go while Chris desperately tried to give directions.

Ton'yell grabbed the back of Alex's shirt before he could get too far out of reach. "Whoa now, wait just a few minutes more. Let me just get some answers before we head out."

"But whyyyyy? There's a brand new- a- a- " He paused for a moment, obviously listening. "A brave new world, to explore! Wait, didn't that book end in a hanging…?" He froze, conferring with the other two.

"Because I need to check about our monetary situation. I don't know if we've got enough for this world with what I have." She smiled and said, "we need money if we're going to get anything here. Just a few more minutes, and you can lead us to the first place you want to go."

"Fiiine… actually… food, then?"

"If that's what you want."

He shrugged. "Are you hungry? When did we -eat- last? Was it that tree house?"

"It was. And I wouldn't mind grabbing some food, and maybe snacks to carry for later."

"Good idea. So… we're off?"

Ton'yell looked over at the desk clerk who had been waiting for her to finish talking to the child. He quickly told her that the price of the hotel would be $20 for a week, and that they did not accept credit cards. She was surprised that the hotel was that cheap, but she wouldn't complain. After he passed her the card that held her money, she looked at Alex with a smile and said, "Yes, we are."

"Cool!" He once again started marching for the nearest exit so he could get his bearings.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:05 am
Jordan was numb as he and the others walked into the small honeycombed room. It was calming in there. He relaxed and leaned against the back wall.

Who are these people? Why do they look vaguely familiar? And what the hell are we doing!?

Lost in his thoughts, Jordan didn't realize that the lights began to strobe until he looked up and became nauseated. Quickly shutting his eyes he clenched up his body.

Jordan didn't know what was happening, due to his being distracted. For all he knew, they were going to be fried in that small claustrophobic room. The gas didn't help his anxieties.

The lights eventually stopped flashing and the gas dissipated.

Jordan looked up warily, relaxing slightly when a calming voice reassured them that they were alright. The mention of infection stuck in his brain though. Infection? Oh no. That doesn't sound good...

Jordan quietly followed the others to the security checkpoint. When guns were raised and shouting ensued, Jordan pursed his lips and braced himself for death. The situation was resolved shortly, so Jordan didn't worry about it much.

Once on the other side of security, with a map in the groups possession, Jordan finally spoke. "So, I haven't introduced myself, to my knowledge, and I don't know any of you. Hell, I don't even know why I'm following you. I feel connected to you in some way though and am curious to know if you guys know me. I'm Jordan Varz."  

Anchou

Isa-sama

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:20 pm
Ton'yell walked a little behind Alex when she heard a new voice speak up. If someone had wanted to follow Alex and her to shops, they were (to an extent) welcome to do so. If they were going to ask her for a map, she'd point them to the clerk. It wasn't like she had to be the only one with a map, and Ton'yell felt it would be good for them all to have their own map.

What the new man had said initially creeped her out. If she had been back in Corona, she would have thought the man was crazy, on drugs, or trying to swindle her. However, this wasn't Corona. Madness was inherently a part of all these worlds, and it might have allowed Jordan to feel like he knew them. "Hello. I'm Dr. Jordan, pleasure to meet you." She gave a short nod, and continued to follow after Alex.

She wasn't trying to be rude to the man, but her priority was the teen. Ton'yell didn't know any of the others, and she was sure that none of them knew her. She owed them nothing, and for that reason, she felt comfortable enough to leave after introducing herself to the new guy.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:20 pm
Jordan looked after Ton'yell as she left with a teenage boy. "Ok" Jordan said. Thinking that she might not be back, Jordan remembered where she got her map. He walked over to the center with a greeting and asked if he might get a map.

"I guess we're not sticking together" Jordan mumbled to himself.  

Anchou

NativeForeigner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:25 pm
The plump man returned Jordan's greeting and handed him a map. "Is there anything else I can help you with? Would you like to exchange any currency?"

"Hey, lad! What did you say your name was? Jordan Varz?" Alastair interrupted, approaching Jordan and looking him over closely.

Jordan nodded.

He hadn't noticed until Jordan had introduced himself, but Alastair was almost certain he recognized the man now that he had bothered to take a good look. "I think I know ya, lad..." Alastair explained. "Varz... Varz... Ah!" Alastair's eyes lit up as he recognized Jordan and he pat his shoulder roughly - perhaps a little too roughly. "You're a rookie back at the station, aren't ye? You were with us in the Wasteland during the firefight. What happened to ye, lad? I thought we lost ya."

Ton'yell noted the location of several nearby general stores, a few specialty shops, a grocery store, and a few restaurants on the map.  
11 Level 3 - Advanced RPs (archive)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff