Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
I'm home

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:53 pm
I just got back from a family reunion. It annoyed the ******** out of me. I'll just get down to the guns. My uncle has a personal armory sealed behind an electric fire door and his own enclosed out door gun range. My grandpa gave him the derringer and gave his brother the .38 revolver. Now all we have is a cheap .22 in the car, my luger, and a couple of .22 rifles that will probably be mine after he dies.

Last year I mentioned a beautiful hand crafted stock made from quilted maple. I'm too lazy to look up the thread. Anyway he finished getting it sanded then laminated it. It's absolutely beautiful. He also has at least 3 AR15's, some pump action 1898 .22 short rifles, an M1 garand, a colt 1911, and God knows what other guns. It was absolutely amazing.

He also stocked his little pond with 50 trout. Apparently though there is a near by eagle that has been making off with them. xd He also has a stuffed bobcat that looked like it was ready to pounce. Being someone with a sense of humor he mounted it on one of the giant ceiling rafters so it looked like a live bob cat was in his rafters. He had to take it down because it scared his wife though. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:49 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
He also has a stuffed bobcat that looked like it was ready to pounce. Being someone with a sense of humor he mounted it on one of the giant ceiling rafters so it looked like a live bob cat was in his rafters. He had to take it down because it scared his wife though. xd
I met a big game hunter once who had a house full of stuffed kills. When you open the front door, there's a ******** lion staring you in the face.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:56 pm
He has a couple deer heads, a weasel pelt, even a deer skin table cloth. Aside from that though he doesn't have any other trophies on display.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:18 am
Desert_Fox_Rommel
a weasel pelt
Your uncle shot and skinned a used-car salesman?

Good on him.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:38 am
Argh, yeah.
My collection would be a lot bigger if I was born maybe ten or fifteen more years ago and I would gladly take that deal.

A friend of my mother's had an attic full of German helmets that her father brought home from WWII.
She gave them all to a nephew that's a reenactor.
She said if she knew I was interested in WWII she would have given me a few.
Even a few.
One original German helmet is worth a ******** ton. To collectors and reenactors alike.

My great uncle, as I've probably told you, ran an antique shop and had a nice gun collection.
I never got to see much of it, either that or I just don't remember. My father talked a lot about the Colts he had.
He liked the cowboy stuff so I'm sure most of his collection reflected that.

If I had shown interest it may have stayed in the family.
Just being older, would have helped as well.

So, yeah, consider yourself lucky.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm
Fresnel
Desert_Fox_Rommel
a weasel pelt
Your uncle shot and skinned a used-car salesman?

Good on him.
lol I wish  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Desert_Fox_Rommel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:51 pm
Well I call him uncle, but I have no idea what my real relation is to him. He's my grandpa's sister's daughter's husband. Outside of the yearly reunions I never see him or hear from him. I strongly doubt that I'll be getting any guns from him. Anyway I'm just happy to have the luger. I've wanted it since I was just a little kid. blaugh The only thing that could make it better is if there were a local gun range where I could shoot it.  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games