Reply Q&A (Are YOU using this?)
M1A1 carbine

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pistola Lupo De Orleans

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:18 pm
my grandfather owns a m1 carbine and its pretty old,wht i want to know is if a korean war m1 carbine be worth any thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:41 pm
Of course it is, it's a war rifle. An M1 Carbine will run you AT LEAST 400 bucks, for a beat-to-hell piece of crap that's as likely to explode as shoot.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Pistola Lupo De Orleans

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:39 pm
Uh ive shot it,it works well that has been used alot and still shoots well.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:30 pm
Well, if it were my Grandfather's M1 Carbine it'd be nearly priceless to me, but as for prices people may give you for it, it depends if it had bring back papers or not as well as it's condition.

To the right collectors the bring back papers increase the value of the firearm, others just don't care and wont give that price.

It somewhat saddens me when I hear of people selling their father's, grandfather's or great grandfather's items that very well SHOULD be heirlooms.

From the CMP minimum grade M1 Carbines are around $419-$595.
Service grade, their best grade I believe, are around $495-$675, mind you the cheapest, Inland are all sold out, completely gone.
Same with the Saginaw as well.

I've seen places charging similar grade Carbines, the Inlands, for $900.

I really need to get an M1 Garand before they're all gone and completely out of my price range.
sad

I may have an Internship for next semester. I will be hoping.  

OberFeldwebel

Pistola Lupo De Orleans

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:55 pm
well im not selling it i justlike goin to gun shows.My current showings are a colt military issue revolver that most of them have been destroyed i think its a 1850 somethin but many have offered me(really my uncle cause its his but i go to gun shows with it.)About $4000 to $5000 for it i dont know the exact model i havent seen it in a wile cause not much gun shows have been around were i live....oh and i show off a veitnam era remington 30-06 sniper rifle with its origanal scope in good condition.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:39 pm
There is a difference between the M1A1 Carbines and the M1 and M2 Carbines.
The M1A1s had a folding stock, that's it I think.  

OberFeldwebel

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:56 am
holy crap Im not the only one? o.o  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:54 pm
OberFeldwebel
Actually, the folding "paratrooper" stock was just stuck on normal M1 Carbines, and then issued as "A1" because they were a "variant" of the M1, even if it's just because of an accessory. You can buy replicas today and put them on an M1. I was considering it, but I prefer my normal wooden stock. I AM seriously considering getting an oiler and sling.  

uryu ishida

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:25 pm
uryu ishida
OberFeldwebel
Actually, the folding "paratrooper" stock was just stuck on normal M1 Carbines, and then issued as "A1" because they were a "variant" of the M1, even if it's just because of an accessory. You can buy replicas today and put them on an M1. I was considering it, but I prefer my normal wooden stock. I AM seriously considering getting an oiler and sling.

That's what I said right?

Anyway, yeah, I was hoping to get an oiler and sling from the CMP but they've been out of them since god knows when.
I'm looking for something correct. Not some Korean war + or repro stuff that someone's trying to pass off as original.

Although Korean War would be correct.  
Q&A (Are YOU using this?)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff