Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
Harry Potter Movie 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:15 pm
I can't believe no one made this thread yet! XD

Ok - what the heck was with the Burrow burning down?!?

And Malfoy was SO hot! That outfit...

Dude, the relationships were SO overplayed! I hated it XP

When the cursed chick said she didn't know who cursed her and then looked at Draco, the first thing I thought was "She's got a crush on him!" before I realized the obvious XD

So, what did you guys think?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:34 pm
I went to go see the movie, expecting it to dissapoint me, but it suprisingly didn't. I guess that's because I actually don't remember much from the book, since it's been a while. I was a little suprised at the burrow burning down, and I had to ask 8minbefore if that had happened in the book xd .

Did anyone else jump when the hand came out of the water? I mean, anyone who HAS read the book would have been expecting it. I jumped even after I had braced myself xp . I was just glad I didn't spill the popcorn though.  

gemela_dos

Heroic Gekko

15,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Nuclear Plant 500
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

x--stevee--x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:13 pm
Sita Harker

When the cursed chick said she didn't know who cursed her and then looked at Draco, the first thing I thought was "She's got a crush on him!" before I realized the obvious XD

i totally agree with you on the whole burrow burning down! that seemed so random to me and they didnt really elaborate on it or anything.
i also agree that draco looked way yummy in that outfit! totally loved it. i also loved that in this movie his character finally had a point. he wasnt just the jerk that was mean to harry he actually had a point! tom felton did a great job with the character and he really made me feel bad for him.

overall though i think the movie was well done and i really enjoyed it!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:35 pm
x--stevee--x
Sita Harker

i totally agree with you on the whole burrow burning down! that seemed so random to me and they didnt really elaborate on it or anything.
i also agree that draco looked way yummy in that outfit! totally loved it. i also loved that in this movie his character finally had a point. he wasnt just the jerk that was mean to harry he actually had a point! tom felton did a great job with the character and he really made me feel bad for him.

overall though i think the movie was well done and i really enjoyed it!

I think it was definitely one of the funniest so far - which was a little weird because one moment you're laughing, the next you're saying, "whoa, so-and-so is dead"

As for Draco's outfit... there's just something about a man in a suit that I love... heart twisted

I'm noticing Daniel Radcliff is becoming a better and better actor with each movie. My favorite scene was the luck potion (in the book too).
"Harry!"
"Professor!"

and then this:
User Image

rofl

Oh and here's just something cool:
User Image  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Ranewan

1,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:37 pm
this movie seriously dissapointed me. I couln't belive that they added that stupid scene with the burrow burning down, yet they left out the battle between the death eaters and Harry's friends after Dumbledore died. Also, they swapped kisses. The kiss that Lavender and Ron had after the quidditch game, was the kiss that Ginny and Harry were suppose to have after one of the games after she has broken up with dean. I don't remember him ever wanting to get rid of the book, but I suppose te spell was worse in the movie than the book. I don't remember Draco being close to death in the book. I was dissapointed that there was no mention of Bill and Fleur or Harry's inheritance.

by the way, does anyone remember Ron kissing Hermione in the sixth movie. I don't, but I saw an interview where Emma talked about kissing him.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:05 pm
User Image
Actually, I thought that the movie was easier on Draco than the book. In the book, he was covered in blood and Snape thought he might have scars. In the movie, it was like he got a couple of paper cuts.

In the book, Harry got rid of the book himself, but only because Snape knew he had it. I think, though, that he did not retrieve it because of the dangerous nature of the book.

I sure hope they have Fleur and Bill's wedding in the next movie! ^_^ I'm so glad they are separating it into two movies!User Image  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

beaulolais
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:49 am
i am glad to be finally going to see it tomorrow night...

now that you have told me everything that will happen!

xd  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:46 pm
Ok, so I've now seen it four times, and I must say it's growing on me. Even Dumbledore.

I also recently watched movies 1 and 2. AWW! They're all grown up!  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

beaulolais
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:30 am
Draco's role struck me especially.

He actually seemd to be caught between two worlds; perhaps between his family traditions and his innate character?

There were things underplayed, like the horcrux search, but the movie was long enough already.

My favorite part was "lovestruck" Ron; he was hilarious!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:07 pm
"It's beautiful, isn't it? The moon."

"...divine."  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

greenphoenixrain

Invisible Explorer

10,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ...

I was disappointed with the movie and I'm glad I'm not the only one... all my friends (who haven't read the books and only followed it after the movies came out) thought it was good. I don't remember the burrow burning and the love stuff was very over played. I felt like there were no explanations. With no really build up for the next movie... I was scared by the hand...
... User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:04 pm
My friend suggests that the Burrow scene was the director hinting at book seven: the bad guys tormenting the good guys... something like that.  

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
dead threads - do not post

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items