Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
SoulCalibur 4 Girlfriend Story Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:32 pm
So while i was munching on some freshly baked brownies that my girlfriend made from love(she wanted that added) she was finishing her 1st run through of arcade mode that she started around noon. She wasnt playing for that long she just decided to quit. When she finally defeated The Apprentice by cheaply throwing her way to victory she got the "Numeric God" achievement, which i dont have yet gonk , she went to fight the final opponent Algol.

I told her that her method of throwing opponents off the edge will not work very well against Algo and her best bet is to keep him at bay with her longer ranged attacks (she uses Seong Mi-na). I remember looking at Algol's skills and that he has Ring Out S and that it was close to never ever making him fall out of the ring.

While fighting him she kept low holding up her guard with her back up against the edge. Her health was kinda low and a combo would of probably ended up in a round lost. Instead Algol leaped over her and fell to his death. Honestly my face was just in awe. I couldnt believe what just happened and I explained to her that it wouldnt happen again. She then claims that she can do it again this time throwing him off the ledge. I watch her succeed and in 12 seconds Algol is thrown off the edge and she won the match with 2 Ring outs. Out of confusion i decided to post this to see what anyone has to think about this.

I think the answer to my disbelief is that skills do not apply in Arcade Mode, but im not sure.

While i typed this up my girlfriend announces that she claims the title "Ring Out Queen"  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:17 pm
Well, I'm pretty sure the arcade mode mentions that you stats and special abilities don't matter. This is mostly due to arcade having a leaderboard.

Just saying. Also jonnnn can attest to me beating most of the AI in SC4 with only throws, not even ring outs, just throws until their health is low then a low attack. This doesn't work in tower of souls when the enemies start using grapple break S though

Anyways, when are you getting xbl gold again (if you dont have it) so we can play SC4? I'll have to go over jon's or he'll come over my house since we pretty much share 1 copy of the game

Oh, also, has anyone else tried playing this game online on ranked? I keep on getting put up against people with literally thousands of game played, and getting annhilated, lulz  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:35 am
I thought you couldn't ring out the last battle of arcade mode. confused

But like Nit said, you can beat any AI just by repeatedly throwing them as they stand up.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:13 am
I think I am just amazing and can kill anyone with my awesome grab attackies, of ourse until id o that Tower of Souls and I cant, as nitnit says! : D
RING OUT QUEEN FTW!!

={By the way nitnit, as i was forcing Tron to play Bioshock for me(I was to scared) I was happy when we beat it and he said " I think you beat that nitnit guy" and we went to look and i didnt because you plyed it over again.....so yea, just felt the need to put that in there.}=

Dreaming of the Day

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:08 pm
I am not exactly sure when i am getting XBL gold again... uuumm i dont have it right now and dont have the money to go out and get it. Give me a week or 2 or i will possibly just make a new account and see if i get a free gold membership and i will play you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:56 pm
Wow i didn't know numeric god was a hard achievement to get i got it by accident and it was like my third achievement. Anyway Ring-out queen lol that's awesome.  

Lt Gigglebottom

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:53 pm
Numeric god isn't hard to get, it's completely luck based, you'll usually get it fairly early on unless you're really unlucky. Also, you can't throw the final boss of STORY mode off the edge, but you can throw off the final boss of ARCADE mode.

Also, how did someone beat me at bioshock? o_o and yes, I beat it on hard really quickly, with the chambers on the game is mindnumbingly easy if you abuse them, lol  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:11 am
We played it on Hard Mode the first time through with me and we got 780, and went to check yours but you had replayed it and got like 800 something.

I should add my gamertag to my signiture! biggrin

EDIT: Yesterday me and Tron were just playing Soul Calibur because we had nothing to do, and it turned into a competition. The end results? I won 11 times and him 3. I have 16 ring outs and he only 5 because I did something that made me jump out. So the Ring Out Queen lives on!

Dreaming of the Day

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:31 pm
Oh you were referring to gamerscore, yeah the only real challenge in bioshock is to play with chambers off completely, but im busy with civ 4, oblivion and a pantheon of other games.

Also, this tron fellow sounds pretty easy to beat ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:40 pm
nitnit
Oh you were referring to gamerscore, yeah the only real challenge in bioshock is to play with chambers off completely, but im busy with civ 4, oblivion and a pantheon of other games.

Also, this tron fellow sounds pretty easy to beat ninja

Do not under estimate me nitnit, as i am a beast with countless combonations.

I forget what your new gamertag is... metaSHODAN? I will get gold soon just give me like 2 weeks ish.

As for Dreamer.... ring outs seem to be easier for her in the Tower of Souls. Shes at floor 32 pretty much abusing the outer edges of any areana xD.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:02 pm
Yes, it's metaSHODAN also, if an enemy has Auto-Grapple Break S then the enemy pretty much can't be grappled, unless it has been guard impacted or something... besides those guys are easier to beat with the critical strike thing  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:30 pm
Dreaming of the Day
We played it on Hard Mode the first time through with me and we got 780, and went to check yours but you had replayed it and got like 800 something.

I should add my gamertag to my signiture! biggrin

EDIT: Yesterday me and Tron were just playing Soul Calibur because we had nothing to do, and it turned into a competition. The end results? I won 11 times and him 3. I have 16 ring outs and he only 5 because I did something that made me jump out. So the Ring Out Queen lives on!

Who do you play?  

Jonnnn

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:10 pm
Tron said that she plays seung mina

oh, also tron, if they have nullify ring out S then they're pretty much impossible to ring out, similar to the final bosses of story mode  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:24 pm
I was playing Seung Mi-na for a bit, but I got better at Maxi and at the moment I am doing fairly good with him, my second would be Kilik, then Seung Mi-na.

now...tron was lying when he said I use ring out every floor to win, yes I use it a lot but the other half of the time I use the Maxi I made and just combo the shiz out of them : D

Dreaming of the Day

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:26 pm
Well, not to downplay any achievements here, but maxi can literally press a button 3 times and do a combo. XD  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff