Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reality: Resurrection!

Back to Guilds

relax with us 

Tags: contests, games, variety 

Reply 8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!
The C&T Tech Talk sucks a**

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:07 am
Today, I have decided to leave the C&T Tech Talk forums forever and go find a smaller, friendlier guild here in Gaia. Why? I do it for the following reasons:

• They're elitist. I made a post telling them I was the best guy in programming from my major, and what did they do? They ******** blasted me down in searing flames saying I'm stupid, ignorant, and that I should become a professional programmer if I want to speak with them.
  • Their religion is Windows Vista. I ******** hate Vista. It's slow, convoluted, insanely heavy, has given countless problems to many people close to me (for example, my aunts' computer "mysteriously" ran fine after downgrading to XP), and you need to spend at least $1000 to make it run. Guess what? The C&TTT is in the First World, where everybody is rich, and thus they don't give a ******** about that. But here in the Second World, where as much as owning a computer makes you part of the lucky 25% of the population who have one, you can't afford to spend so much gold in a computer. When I told them that Microsoft has a reason to be worried about people's opinion about Vista to be so quick about launching Windows 7, they say that was because people are stupid.
  • And don't you dare saying you ain't converting to the Vista way because they will drown you in searing flames. I remember the time I posted a problem my brother had with his computer, which I downgraded from Vista to XP, in two different forums, one of them C&T. In the other forum, I just wrote "my brother is not converting to Vista", they understood and tried to give some advice for Windows XP, which didn't fixed that stuff (we ended up sending it to dealership service) but at least they tried. In Gaia, I wrote in size 25 bold red "my brother is not ******** converting to Vista", and they just told me to tell my brother he's stupid. stare
  • They're ******** rude and bigoted. You can't argue with them about anything, because that's contradicting their religion, on which they have a fanaticist faith that borders on fundamentalism, and as a result, every single discussion degenerates into reductio ad Hitlerum and Godwin's law-compliant flame war. (Godwin's law: at one point, someone will bring up Hitler).
  • They can't keep their conversations on-topic. The original topic stays ther for at most 2 pages. After that, the discussion goes to hell.

It is because of this ******** faggotry that I decided to say good-bye to the C&TTT and get the ******** out to find another forum, with different people whose heads are not as tightly shoved up their a**. With friendlier people, who can actually accept different beliefs.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:54 pm
Yepyep.
I like blackhat, and cyberarmy,  

Taylor_169

8: The Nerd/Geek Hangout! Here we discuss programming, roleplaying, anime, and other nerdy things!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games