Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
gamerscore to time ratio...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

good gamerscore or bad!?
  good
  bad
View Results

ibystander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:50 pm
hey all you GPL ppls I was wondering because I just got my 360 in january
and I didnt know if 5825 was a good gamerscore for 7 months? I was just wondering because Ive gotten a lot of crap on xbox live for my suposidly "crap" gamerscore!!! so annoying!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:16 am
Wait, people made fun of you for having a bad gamer score? I lold. If I'm reading correctly, I deduce that those people have no life. Do they expect you play Xbox everyday? It thought games were about fun and not some stupid score.  

Harrison Richardson

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:27 am
I have like 600. People actually care about your gamerscore?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:59 pm
I kinda care but i can really care less. I just like the sound of unlocking them really... uuuumm its not actually time its more completoin ratio. Mines like 18,000 something to 45000 something?  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:31 pm
Ehhh, I'd say it's much more complex than time or number of games.

You have a factor in a lot of things

(in case someone is wondering, this is going to be the basis for a rant blog on metaridley.com about what is the value of an achievement - this is why it's so long)

- Difficulty of achievements.

Some games have highly time consuming achievements, they aren't necessarily hard, they just take a while to get - examples include Fallout 3, non main-quest Oblivion, most of Shadowrun and Soul Calibur 4's achievements.

Other games have genuinely hard achievements that require a high skill level, beating some games on the hardest difficulty (particularly games like ninja gaiden), and winning x amount of ranked matches in a row (without boosting of some sorts) in games like Street Fighter 4 can be pretty tough. There are also some achievements that are supposed to be insane to get, for example flawlessly winning a multiplayer match in an FPS, or getting a very high kill streak in an FPS.

Obversely, some games have notoriously easy achievements. All 1000 of the avatar game's achievements can be earned literally within 5 minutes of starting the game. The simpson's game has a 5 point achievement for the first time you press the start button. Soul Calibur 4 has one for watching the opening cinematic all the way.

Number of Games you own

If you only own 6 games, then you'd only have a maximum possible gamerscore of 6000 (not counting arcade games or DLCs). If this were your case, then only having 5200ish wouldn't be very shabby at all. Of course, this goes back to the last topic - if you have 6 really easy children's / sports games or games that give you most of the achievements throughout the course of the game, then this score isn't so great.

Do you actually care? And how much do you play?

Some players, like jon for example, care little about their gamerscore. If you don't care, then you probably won't go out of your way to do some of the tasks to unlock achievements in certain games.

That being said, if you do care, and you're planning out earning achievements, how much do you play? If you're playing 3 hours a day every day since January, then admittedly 5200ish probably isn't that great of a score in August, but if you only play every now and then, then that score isn't too bad.

Show that to your friends that are ragging on you... unless your played games are Avatar, King Kong and the similar =P

Also if anyone would like to comment on that - to add on or argue with something, feel free  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games