Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
my familiar? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bad Quality Serena

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:26 pm
lets play a love game...
User Image

→ so i went to the animal shelter to pick out a kitten,and i picked this adorable orange tabby female. but when we picked her up,it turns out that they accidentally switched her with her brother,who we took home instead. [this shelter puts animals that arent adopted after an amount of time to sleep and i couldnt do that to him.] but now i am in total love with him and i named him kit [kitsune in short form.] i always think of it has destiny that we got him by accident.

so the question is,do you think he is my familiar?

User Image

are you in the game...♫
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:22 am
I don't personally believe in animal familiars, really. I have no experience with that sort of thing. Most domesticated animals are happy to form attachments and relationships with humans just out of companionship - I fail to see why that isn't enough.

At any rate, you haven't had the cat very long. I'm not certain that, even if you were to develop some sort of 'familiar' situation, that the cat is going to be so at this stage in the game. And you can't force a cat to like magic or energy work, let alone to aid you in it somehow - many cats don't, and will avoid it entirely.

Your main concern really should just be his wellbeing. Feed your kitten well. Make sure he's got all his shots. Keep him from getting worms and fleas. Get him neutered at 4 months old. Give him toys and playtime and cuddles.

Will he eventually be a 'familiar'? I don't know. Will he be a friend for life if you treat him right? Definetely.  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Bad Quality Serena

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:27 am
lets play a love game...
User Image

→ ahh. okay. thank you. :3
delete this if you wish,admins.

are you in the game...♫
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:26 pm
in the past i have had a familiar and only if the animal just adored u from first sight. also if he i ur familiar protect him at all costs coz if he dies u will be left vulnerable and unprotected. mine died like last year by an evil spirit out to get me and i am always having bad luck and always getting hurt so u kno u should protect him as he protects u  

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Pixie Pasha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:03 pm
xXOnYx MoOnXx
in the past i have had a familiar and only if the animal just adored u from first sight.
⊕--------

I disagree. I don't believe in familiars per-say. Though I have a friend that swears by them. She has a white cat that she tells me helps her focus her energy. The cat hated her for to solid months before there relationship ever took flight.
(White cat. Witch. There is a pun in there some where)

-------⊕

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:19 pm
Me and my boyfriend have two cats.

Are they, or is one of them my familiar? I don't know.
Are they my best friends forever? Yes. Definitely.

They are my everything, I'm worried sick if one of them has a problem. Even though they somehow seem to like my boyfriend more, they always sleep on my side of the bed.

I cherish the moments with them, and I am glad I decided to take them inside. I was never fond of cats, but this changed it.

I love them so much. But weather they'll be a familair of me or not, it won't change my love for them.

Whats more important if they are healthy, and get everything they need.

I'm always longing to go back to home, to them.  

pompoennetje

Neime-chan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:39 pm
I ave a familiar, my lil Lilith. Idk. I found her on my porch, I have no idea why she was there. She just appeared and I loved her from the first time I saw her. I'm not sure how I know that she is my familiar. You can jut tell sometimes. But if you think he is or he isn't you're probably right.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:47 pm
i have a familiar^_^. my grey<> cat paws. she randomly walked into the front garden one day like she knew the place, we fed her and she never left. we clicked from the start,i even sat in the freezing cold and pouring rain once, just to keep her company<> but when i went through a really dark time she was the only one who stayed by my side. love her to bits ^_^  

unseen shadow moon

Beloved Hunter

8,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Citizen 200

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:48 pm
I'm still kinda stuck on "familiar" referring to a "familiar spirit" rather than an animal. I mean, I get how the meaning changed... I'm just sorta not sure. Even if it did apply to animals, people seem to get stuck on it being whatever pet they have that shows a bit of an interest in the altar.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:18 pm
What do people mean when they say familiar?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:07 am
Esiris
What do people mean when they say familiar?

An animal companion for life to help with your magic practises.

If you've ever seen Sabrina the Teenage Witch, her Black cat Salem is a familiar.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:12 am
Azareas Aquarinus

I think I would go for a Helper Monkey companion then. I mean, if teaching your pets to help with magic, that seems like the best option.

Quote:
If you've ever seen Sabrina the Teenage Witch, her Black cat Salem is a familiar.

But that's fiction.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

TheStarlessSkye

8,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:35 am
Esiris
Azareas Aquarinus

I think I would go for a Helper Monkey companion then. I mean, if teaching your pets to help with magic, that seems like the best option.

Quote:

But that's fiction.

Haha. Hmm... Indian shamans use monkeys as familiars.

I know it's fiction, I was just using an example.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:13 am
I've never thought of familiars as physically helping in magic...more like spiritually helping. I think that there can be a great connection between people and animals, and that connection can be a boon in magic.

Personally, I have a kind of crazy relationship with my two cats...love them to death, but I don't consider either one my familiar. They are kind of ambivalent about my magical practice, though they have no problem interrupting if they decide they want pet!  

kyndryana3

10,550 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:17 am
Azareas Aquarinus
Haha. Hmm... Indian shamans use monkeys as familiars.

I have a hard time thinking that in India the concept of either a shaman or a familiar has anything to do with their spiritual paths.

kyndryana3
I've never thought of familiars as physically helping in magic...more like spiritually helping. I think that there can be a great connection between people and animals, and that connection can be a boon in magic.
I think that's beginning to sound a little hinky. I mean- how do you know if the animal consents to being part of the magic?  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff