Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Roses

Back to Guilds

~A place to be yourself; a place to be free~ 

Tags: rose, free, stem, petal, thorn 

Reply Guild of Roses
***What to Expect When Maeve's a Stay at Home Mommy*** Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

With the impending blizzard looming over the Jersey Shore, I have to know. Am I popping this kid out in a snow drift?
  Yes! Babies always pick the worst time to come!
  No, you've got a few good days left.
  Who knows. When the levy breaks, the levy breaks...
View Results

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:44 am
User Image

So with encouragement from Mysti, and worried PMs from both Mysti and Tigris, I thought I'd create a spot to post, that yes, I'm alive and well, maybe some pics and all the other fun updates that come with being pregnant.

I'll try to keep up to date, maybe once or twice a week if I'm not posting in the forum often. I'll definitely post how doctor appointments go, and maybe a couple ultrasound scans! smile

Thanks to everyone for all the well wishing, I really appreciate it! You all are the best!

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:54 am
*Hugs*
i hope you do well!  

Joeyfish5
Crew

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:58 am
UPDATE #1
July 28, 2009
We went to the doctor's yesterday for our very first visit. I have to say I am lucky to have such a great hubby, he has been nothing but excited and supportive. Mysti, you'll like this. He's read more out of What To Expect than I have!

Anywho onto the visit. The due date so far is March 17th! I'm excited it's St. Patrick's day! Of course the baby could come before or after that. We're going back tonight for an ultrasound to get a better idea of how far along I am and maybe a better idea when the baby is due. Mayhaps I'll have a scan to share. biggrin

For those keeping tabs, here's some extra stuff we learned from the visit and the book What to Expect...

~NO Seafood. Which is fine because I'm allergic to it and dislike it anyway.
~NO Caffeine. Believe it or not, it was so easy to stop drinking soda (my caffeine fix of choice).
~NO artificial sweeteners. Goodbye diet caffeine free soda...
~NO soda. Thank the stars I love seltzer.
~YES to softball...at least until the end of the summer league I'm on.
~NO to canoeing...lol I guess my brother's grand plans for a family canoe trip are out!
~YES to shows and concerts, just stay away from alcohol and smoking, both not a problem for me to do.
~YES to sex. Need I say more? mrgreen
~YES to dying my hair. I was pleased to hear that because I'm ready to get rid of the fading pink highlights.

That's all for now. I'll check back in after tonight!

UPDATE #2
July 29, 2009
Here's the ultrasound from Wednesday night! The baby's heartbeat was a steady and strong 174. I'm actually further along than we first thought, about 10 weeks. So, we have a NEW due date: February 24, 2010.
Seeing the baby on the ultrasound screen nearly took my breath away. I wish I had a camera to get a shot of the hubby's face. I don't think I've seen such a grin in all our time together lol.

We still have 5-8 weeks until we know what we're having. No twins Joey. The ultrasound technician checked to make sure. So no girl girl, boy boy, boy girl or Octomom twins lol.

And now for what you all have been waiting for...
User Image

UPDATE #3
August 11, 2009
I had another dr.'s appt on Tuesday. Pretty uneventful. The NINE vials of blood they took all tested well. Rh compatibility is fine, no cystic fibrosis. I was in and out pretty quickly. I am 11 weeks along and looks like I gained a pound in two weeks. (Not too bad for someone who's been chowing down on the pasta!) My next appt is Sept. 9th. We should find out what we're having sometime after that, the doctor said usually between weeks 15-18. heart

UPDATE #4
September 26, 2009

Sorry for the wait! It was crazy busy at school this week and at home. We've been fixing up the house the past two weeks to do well on the appraisal. We want to be able to refinance our mortgage and see if we can get the monthly payments to go down i.e. instead of close to $2000 a month we'd pay something closer to $1600 a month. ANYWHO, on to what you all have been waiting for!

User Image

We were at the imaging place for an hour and a half. It was so awesome to see the baby...baby feet, baby fingers...we could see the heart beating. And let me tell you...what a squirmy baby we're having. would not hold still. The technician, hubby and I had some good laughs. Every time the tech tried to take a still of the ultrasound for a measurement the baby would move. LOL Totally our kid...a smart a** already. Which is why we didn't find out what we were having until right before we left! Again...on to what you really want to know!!

User Image

We're having a BOY! We are so excited! I came home and went online and picked out the bedding and room stuff...pirates! My mom and dad were sooo excited (they were hoping for a grandson!) And my in-laws were just as happy.

So today we're going back out the finish the baby registry and then stopping in my dad's to say hi and pick out the room color. My dad's "got a guy" who gets him paint for giveaway wink so we're going to go pick out the color tonight. Then we just have to move some stuff out of the bedroom and start painting!

I don't think either one of good be too much happier right now! heart

UPDATE #5
October-November 10th

The October doctor's appointment was pretty uneventful, just the usual pee in the cup, get weighed, get the blood pressure checked. Nothing too crazy. I had managed to lose 5 lbs., but the doctor wasn't too concerned. Five pounds can be water weight or just a bloaty day, ladies you know what I mean. wink

November's appointment brought the slight shock that I gained 17 lbs. in four weeks. Which is really a net of 12 lbs if figure in the 5 lbs I was down. Still...I think it's safe to say the hubby and I must've subconsciously started feeding me more...what with not gaining any weight all summer and then losing the 5 lbs. Soooo...I will be watching the amount I'm eating (we're still doing pretty well with eating healthy), and just keep moving as much as possible. Which is not hard when you teach PreK.

We also had another ultrasound November 11th. Nothing scary, just had to retake pictures of Taran's spine and heart. The technician couldn't get could pictures the last time since Taran was moving so much. This time was much better. Taran and I are about 27 weeks along (13 weeks away!) so he's bigger and not twisting and turning about so much. He's also already head down (aka NOT breech) and probably will stay that way until he's born. Which is a GOOD thing...I'd like to avoid a c-section as much as possible.

On a side note, the little jerk has been practicing pile drivers the past day or so, and upon birth may find himself grounded until puberty if he keeps it up. rolleyes

UPDATE #6
December/January

Sorry it's been awhile! December's dr.'s visit brought with it some more weight gain. So far I've gained 23 lbs, which is actually pretty good. Blood pressure is fine and no gestational diabetes!

January's visit came a day early. I was supposed to go the 19th, but after shopping and lunch with my mom the day before I developed a MASSIVE and very PAINFUL gas bubble and went up to the dr.'s a day early to make sure it wasn't something worse than gas. (The poor hubby thought I was having contractions...he handled it like a champ though.) The doctor did an internal check and measured my tummy. I was not dilated, thank heavens. The whole drive up I was saying, "No. This pain is not contractions! The carpet hasn't been installed yet, the furniture has to be put together, the shower is on Sunday. I am not having the baby yet!" LOL

So I am now very wary of what and how much I eat. I got the pains again Thursday night but luckily the doctor had written down the name of something I can take, which turned out to be the same thing in Gaz-X. Go figure. So I took some of that an the gas subsided after 5 minutes. I am now stocked up on Gas-X. I will not miss the heartburn and gas that comes with being prego. Nor will I miss be unable to touch my toes.

I'm starting my biweekly visits now and after Feb. 10th I should be starting my weekly visits. My last day of work is Feb. 11th! I can't wait!

UPDATE #7
Feb. 3, 2010
I had my weekly visit yesterday. Still not dilated, but I am 60% effaced! I did test positive for Strep B, but they'll give me an IV antibiotic when I go into labor to protect Taran. My doctor's parting words were, "Well, we'll either see you at the hospital or we'll see you here in a week." LOL Go figure.

In other news, the Jersey Shore is staring what sounds to be a pretty bog blizzard in the eye. They're calling for sleet around 1pm tomorrow and the snow to start at 4pm and continue until 7pm Saturday night...might have a blizzard baby, might not!

UPDATE #8
Feb. 25, 2010

Well, here we are one day after my due date. We went to the doctors this morning. I am *maybe* 1 and 1/2 centimeters dilated but haven't been having any contractions. So...the plan as of now is for me to go to the hospital Monday night around 8:30. Then they'll give me meds to soften my cervix more. If I don't go into labor that night they'll induce me Tuesday! I think my insurance covers me for 24 hours after I give birth, so I should be home Wednesday sometime.

I am so excited to have an end in sight. It sounds bad, but if you ask just about any woman in her ninth month pregnant I think she'll agree- you are done with being pregnant.

I'm a little nervous about being induced. They will introduce the hormone oxytocin (usually it's the brand name Pitocin) into my system through an IV. The Pitocin will then "trick" my body into going into labor. Depending on the doctor they can give it to me slowly and gradually get me started, or they could crank it up and send me into the throws of labor.

Based on that I have already alerted my doctor that I want an epidural. After talking to many close friends who are moms, the epidural in this case has come highly recommended.

Also, the doctor noted that Taran seems to be "a pretty good size..." LOL. Greeeeeat. Let's hope he's not too big!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:03 pm
o.o no caffeine!
that would drive me nuts!
lolz. congrats by the way.  

killercloud94

Joeyfish5
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:14 pm
No seafood!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:15 pm
hmm...well it's all for the best.  

killercloud94

Lost Retort

Cluttered Shapeshifter

16,900 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:10 pm
Congrats maeve!!!!!!!!

wait haven't i said that before?

oh well.

CONGRATS maeve!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:25 pm
Congrats, Maeve!
I wish you a safe pregnancy. And delivery! ^_^  

Cass Dee of Corvictory

MystiBlu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:33 pm
~huggles Maeve~ *high5's Maeve's hubby* Thanks for starting this thread, Maeve - and I love the name!!!! Awesome.
Good to hear I'm not the only non-preggers nut that reads that book! LoL Good info!
I'm with you on the seltzer thing - Its not the caffine in soda for me ... its the carbonation! I'm with Joey tho - I would go nuts without seafood!

Congrats again, Maeve! I can't wait to read more updates!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:53 pm
Welll if its a boy i hear Joseph is a good name.... : P  

Joeyfish5
Crew

Kitten254

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:35 am
.........o.o..........^^ thats cute that your pregnant, but how old r u exactly?
hey and be lucky you got someone who is there for you after the delivery all the way....i gots no one....sorry to bumm you with that sad fact of life but ya know congrats!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:51 am
Congratulations on expecting!!! I am also quite relieved I'm not the only non- pregnant person who has read the what expect book. I feel it;s necessary to be prepared for the future.  

The Muse Of Art

Your Bucky

Fandom Darling

26,715 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Lovingly Advice 25
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:56 am
kitten254
.........o.o..........^^ thats cute that your pregnant, but how old r u exactly?
hey and be lucky you got someone who is there for you after the delivery all the way....i gots no one....sorry to bumm you with that sad fact of life but ya know congrats!!!

Thanks! My hubby and I are both 26. We've been together for 12 years and married for 2. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:00 pm
Maeve of the Sea
kitten254

Thanks! My hubby and I are both 26. We've been together for 12 years and married for 2. smile

wow lucky!...12 years!....lucky *sigh*
well good luck anyway  

Kitten254

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

tigris cobaltchaos

Apocalyptic Reindeer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:42 pm
thanks maeve! i will not have to bug you with annoying pm's ninja
no soda...that is a bummer....
wow on the hair dyeing! my friend when she was pregnant said she could not and had a bad time with some organic dye.

i vote for a girl!  
Guild of Roses

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces