Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
New LoZ on Wii

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:54 pm
User Image

Need I say more?? biggrin
Yeah, I guess I should.
It has been confirmed that, yes, it is in development and that they are considering making some big changes to the franchise. One of Twilight Princess's main critique was that it was a fomulatic Zelda game, feeling very similar to OoT in story and gameplay. Changes that are probably more than welcome, even to the hardcore Zelda fans.

Discuss:
-What direction you think the new Zelda game should take
-The possibility of the Wii MotionPlus accessory's integration into gameplay
-Should it be realistic (TP) or cel-shaded (WW/PH)?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:12 pm
Wait, TP had realistic graphics? I thought they just slapped a bunch of awesome onto it. They should keep the realistic graphics. Another WW sequel is already in progress, and 1 cell-shaded is enough.

I think it should focus on a bigger world with more side quests. I'm always disappointed after beating a Zelda game, because it never has enough things for me to do.

The Wii motion plus could perhaps be used if they took another approach on the fighting in Zelda. Perhaps they could make 2 different fighting. You can go into a sort of one on one with opponents and go into first person view and use the wiimote for more precise moves of the sword.

Also, there is a certain theory I heard of that generated from that one picture. Its actually pretty far fetched. Some say that that blue-ish spirit is actually the master sword. Which kinda explains the lack of link holding his sword in the picture and the jewel on her chest which is actually from the master swords's hilt.

POSTING AT 1AM FTW!  

Harrison Richardson

darkslasherX
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:19 pm
Even if it sucks, I'll get it, but it probably won't suck. [/fanboy]

I think we need a new realistic-looking installment to the series, since TP was the last one, and there's been 2 cel-shaded games since that (both on DS, I might add). From the artwork, though, I assume the game will be realistic-looking.

Realistic sword-fighting with the Wii MotionPlus would be fun, but I don't think it belongs in a Zelda game. Nintendo could prove me wrong about that, though, but that remains yet to be seen.

I think LoZ should become (again?) more open-ended and less linear in gameplay, but non-linearity and plot seem to be mutually exclusive, unless it's only a very loose plot. Judging from the success of other popular modern games, such as Bioshock, Prototype, Mass Effect, Fallout 3, (I can't think of any more relevant titles, bear with me), some RPG elements may be added to enhance the gameplay. Yes, Nintendo's always been an oddball when it comes to developing games, but I don't think they're above looking at the competition and seeing what's popular.

Critiques, comments, etc.?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:42 pm
I wonder if you'll be able to jump on demand in this one.  

nitnit
Captain

Haratio TaFotter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:09 am
nitnit
I wonder if you'll be able to jump on demand in this one.

Well, there's a revolutionary thought, jump on command! Maybe they'll re-add the roc's feather or something?

Frankly, looks pretty cool, but I probably won't get it. I have to play Zelda games in just a few sittings or else when I come back I have no idea what I'm doing, or just loce interest all together. With college, my girlfriend, and work trying to find a publisher, its time I just don't have.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:49 am
Hhhmmm not sure what to say about this... I havent really played twilight princess and Zelda doesnt seem to appeal to me. I am just curious what elements they will add to the game.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:48 am
Holy shi- I agree with tron on something that isn't 360 > ps3.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:16 am
I'm hoping they stop worrying about the wii motion plus and "revolutionizing the wii motion commands." I just want a cool plot (something that was horribly lost in TP) with classic Zelda controls. I agree with Darkslasher in that a less linear plot line would be great. Something other than "Obtain this item to get through this obstacle. Keep doing this until you reach a boss."  

Jonnnn

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:50 pm
darkslasherX
Even if it sucks, I'll get it, but it probably won't suck. [/fanboy]

I think we need a new realistic-looking installment to the series, since TP was the last one, and there's been 2 cel-shaded games since that (both on DS, I might add). From the artwork, though, I assume the game will be realistic-looking.

Realistic sword-fighting with the Wii MotionPlus would be fun, but I don't think it belongs in a Zelda game. Nintendo could prove me wrong about that, though, but that remains yet to be seen.

I think LoZ should become (again?) more open-ended and less linear in gameplay, but non-linearity and plot seem to be mutually exclusive, unless it's only a very loose plot. Judging from the success of other popular modern games, such as Bioshock, Prototype, Mass Effect, Fallout 3, (I can't think of any more relevant titles, bear with me), some RPG elements may be added to enhance the gameplay. Yes, Nintendo's always been an oddball when it comes to developing games, but I don't think they're above looking at the competition and seeing what's popular.

Critiques, comments, etc.?

I think they're sticking with the realistic style on the Wii and cel-shaded on the DS. Though I have to say WW was probably my favorite 3D Zelda because it was so unique in graphics and plot.
I disagree. I think realistic swordfighting would be more than welcome in a Zelda game. Though I think it should only be reserved for certain boss/storyline fights and the rest of the dinky monsters could be dispatched via hack-n-slash biggrin
I hope they go with a more intricate plot imo. It could allow for some other playable characters (hoping for playable Zelda over here) and maybe some more challenging quests.

@Fieryblaze: I heard the same about the sword/spirit. It's an interesting concept and sort of goes with my other playable characters idea. I would love to be able to play as her.
@nitnit: Me too. I hope so.
@Jonnnn: I sort of feel the same way about the motionplus. It would be interesting to see what they do in terms of combat mechanisms and equipment (I'm waiting for my Wind Waker baton with motion control) but I don't think it's much use elsewhere in a Zelda game.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:19 pm
I personally don't really care what they do with story(as long as it doesn't completely suck)the biggest problem I had with TP aside from the annoying glitches,was the fact that I found little to do.The overworld was much larger than most of the other LoZ games,with the exception of WW,but I found it to be a mess with little to do.I would like it better if they added more sidequests and hidden things,stuff that makes you want to explore every nook.It would also be nice if they smoothed the game over a bit better than TP,getting rid of annoying and seemingly simple to fix glitches,but I think TP was like that just because it was rushed to launch with the Wii,so that likely won't be a problem.  

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:58 am
nitnit
Holy shi- I agree with tron on something that isn't 360 > ps3.

UUuumm so you agree with me that Zelda is losing its luster and lost something that made it appealing???  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:23 pm
Oh, no. I thought you meant the zelda series in general, nevermind, carry on.  

nitnit
Captain

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:11 pm
Quote:
News:

Miyamoto has gone back on his initial claim that the new Zelda was to be drastically different from Twilight Princess.

According to Iwata, the Zelda Team is now under extreme pressure due to Capcom blowing them away with the graphics on Monster Hunter 3. Zelda Wii is now almost surely going to have at least one delay.

There was something else, but I forgot.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:16 pm
UGH. I'm so behind with all the games. I don't even have my wii yet. I've been promised to get one for my birthday. (Which I doubt.) But. That game is going to be a must have for me. Since I love writing Zelda fanfics.  

The Lady Aryll

Puflwiz

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:07 pm
A win for nintendo..... Finally rolleyes  
Nintendo Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out