Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Good Stuff Rp Guild

Back to Guilds

A general rp guild, with hangouts games and sometimes contests 

Reply Rp Forum
Malgahress (A medieval fantasy roleplay) (rules updated) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TimeParalysis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:49 pm
User Image
From the mountainous regions of Tol'rian to the storm-lashed cliffs of Pariah coast stretches a land of primal wilderness inhabited with small kingdoms, cities, villages and the like. Malgahress, the largest continent of the world Cyria, dominates the seas and is the crux upon which all else turns. Meddling in the affairs of Malgahress invites change in the world around it and of all the lands Malgahress shows the most evidence of divine influence. This inherent divine influence has caused most of the races to believe that gods exist, but although this is the case with mostly everyone, there are those who have not been touched by miracles or experienced a divine influence. Thus, these people have become predisposed to not believe that gods exist even though they are surrounded by such strange and mythical creatures which come in a variety of shapes, forms and appendages. The land is full of powerful magics, and prophecies of which have yet to fulfilled; some of these being so powerful that they can invoke significant change, making those from even the lowliest of races become something of a myth or legend.

Malgahress spans for more than thirty-five thousand leagues from east to west and more than twenty-five thousand leagues from north to south. Across the roads of Malgahress travel people from all walks of life including minstrels, peddlers and steely heart adventurers carrying tales of strange far away places that they have encountered in their journeys. From frozen wastelands to blistering deserts, Malgahress' dangers vary; some shrouded in obscurity others plain and open. From the giant insects known as kelraths that dwell in swamps and gorge on the flesh of those who stray into their territory, to dragons which rule the skies and incinerate all that stray into their path (although there are good dragons), to bandits who prowl the highways, satisfying their whims by taking from others; those that resist are met with steel and brutality. These are but a few of the dangers present in Malgahress...

The plain of tears is a frozen wasteland almost devoid of life. The plain stretches for 5 miles from north to south and measures more than 3 miles wide. Strewn with skeletons and frozen corpses (some of which are of imprisoned demons) are a reminder of the almost legendary battle fought here. The battle known as the Sheynar Avernum ("The Demonic Dominion" ), was the battle where the inhabitants of Malgahress fought against the demonic forces of the demon lord Abyss to prevent his insidious plans of ruling the world and shaping it in his image. In the end, the demon lord was banished and imprisoned and his demonic forces scattered. The demon lord lost that war, though the toll it took upon the victims of the war and their loved ones left a gaping wound, a misery which caused the wasteland of which the battle was fought upon to be named the "Plain of Tears". The battle's conclusion taught the Malgahress's inhabitants two things: that they had to protect their freedom from those who would take it and to be ever vigilant lest Abyss returned. Both of these lessons are commemorated and remembered as a festival that occurs every 7 years when the moon glows an eerie crimson red, a celestial event that was previously known as as the 'Night of the Devil’s Tear' yet this information has be forgotten.

Hessra village
, the village nearest to the plain of tears. For most of the year snow falls down upon this village causing a certain curiosity as to why it the name of the village bears no relation to snow or the seemingly never-ending winter. Hessra village is home to one of the most renowned adventurers guild and to a modest population of humans, elves and dwarves. It is a focal point for many folk wishing to explore the continent as the adventurers guild teaches people the necessary skills to survive in the worst of conditions and scenarios. The Adventurer's guild lets these people join for a fee which can either be paid by either working for the guild or upfront, the guild in turn provides training. After their training is complete these novices have the option of traveling with veteran of the guild to train further and more gain practical skills in the world of Malgahress.

RULES
1. The Usual gaian rules
2. No godmodding
3. At least be semi-literate.
4. play nice with the other children
5. Had to add one sadly, USE SPELL CHECK! It's inbuilt and easy to use!

JOINING
Post your profiles to here or to me, if you have been accepted your profile will appear under the profiles section. The idea of these profiles is that your starting out that your not exactly a really powerful adventurer, your characters can have a history but it's better to make talented so that they're talents grow as you progress with your character.

Profile Setup:
[b]Gaian Username[/b]

[b]Name[/b]:

[b]Race:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Age: [/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Skills/Abilities: [/b]

[b]Other Info[/b]

Profiles
Gaian Username
Sol_Maelstrom
Name:
Sol Maelstrom
Race:
Human
Appearance:
User Image
Skills/Abilities:
Arcane Magic, Prophecy (makes it hard to see whether his memories are that of the past or of the future), other still to be specified at a later date.
Other Info:
A man of few words and of few memories. A man whose life has been defined much by what he has to regain and what he still has yet to learn. He calls himself Sol and much of his memories are flashbacks into the past into what he assumes is his childhood yet there are still things that he himself finds mysterious. A great store of knowledge of the world and a keen grasp of the history of Malgahress like that of scholars who have been studying it all their lives. All that's for sure is that someday his memories will return and he shall find out who he is, for it seems nobody else knows.

Gaian Username
Puffi Urai-CannibalInABox
Name:
Puffi Urai
Race:
Human (Slight demonic ancestry; not enough to have a noticable effect.)
Appearance:
Puffi
Skills/Abilities:
Physical Magic, axe-weilder, other skills to be specified at a later point.
Other Info
Puffi talks a lot, but rarely does she say anything of importance. It's unknown if she really does love the sound of her voice that much or if she just doesn't know what else to do, but very rarely does she stop talking. Surprisingly strong thanks to her use of physical magic on herself, she isn't a bad ally, unless you need someone with brains. In which case, she isn't the best choice. At all. Probably isn't even on the list. Still, if you're looking for brute strength, annoyance factor, and a surprisingly chipper attitude even in the darkest of times, she's a good person to have on your side.

Gaian Username
Name:
Sioko Riganshi
Race:
Human
Appearance:
Sioko (Female disquise on the left, normal appearance on right.)
Skills/Abilities:
Disquises, learning basic Fire Magic, decent with a spear.
Other Info
Sioko is a fast learner- although he loses the information just as fast unless it interests him-, but lacks dearly in the social skills department. He's very sarcastic, alienating almost everyone he meets with his dark, cynical attitude. Once you know him, though, he is surprisingly shy and insecure, avoiding relationships- romantic and platonic- like a plague or possibly a horde of kelraths. Incredibly quick to anger, even quicker to become violent. He's particularly interested in the religions of Malgahress, especially older ones with a lot of history. He has a tendency to lurk around alone in the quiet, which has led to a sensitivity to loud or sudden sounds.

Gaian Username
Name:
Mait Parusin
Race:
Vampire
Appearance:
Mait
Skills/Abilities:
Black Magic, regenerative powers.
Other Info
Mait may not be able to withstand the sun, but that hasn't stopped him yet. He's not particularly gifted in either magic, but he's an above-average fighter thanks to his enhanced healing ability. He's kind, if stubborn, but often forgets that humans are as durable as he is and that he needs to be careful. His use of black magic makes some people nervous, especially combined with his vampirism, so he normally tries to hang back so as not to upset anyone. He has an old burn scar on most of the right half of his face he keeps covered with his hair. Any questions asked about it are immediately dodged. He found himself fascinated by both Sioko's ability and his surprising lack of prejudice. He quickly befriended Puffi, although that's no amazing feat.

Gaian Username
Sukie-dog101

Name:
Kiva Wolfheart

Race:
Werewolf

Appearance: User Image

Skills/Abilities:
Other magic, can change at will, others come later

Other Info
Born as a human raised as a wolf, she was abandoned when she was young and raised herself, when she was young she was rarely around other humans, but now something drives her towards others, she is clumsy and sometimes a bit dim but her temperament is fair and all in all shes a happy person, when shes not around others shes wolf, but when around humans she will keep to her human form.

Gaian Username
latuf
Name:
latuf bloodfang
Race:
lunarian
Appearance:
User Image
Skills/Abilities:
beast form (wolf),dimensional travle(1 time a day), weak arcane magic
Other Info
Latuf came from a world known as lunaria were his half brother koso killed his father and framed latuf to take the throne latuf was the banished to the null realm were he discovered he was a banisher( can travel through dimensions every three years) he travels dimensions trying to get back to his home world to avenge his brother and clear his name now hes found himself working under a man by the name of Ulik at the local black smith and is trapped in this world for 3 years till he can leave to another dimension.
Latuf is a little hard to talk to unless of course your a pretty lady hes a skilled ranged fighter and is working on his hand to hand combat his kick is good but his punch is weak he tries to keep to himself.
people look at him weird because of his tail (has a wolf tail in human form race quality)

Gaian Username: vengeful_soul93

Name: Ryuukio Kenshii

Race: Dragon Hybrid

Appearance:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Skills/Abilities: Master in Martial arts and other forms of fighting

Other Info: Easily tempered, searching for the person who murdered his brother. Tries to forget most of his histroy but it keeps coming back in painful chunks sending him into an uncontrolled rage.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:50 pm
((basically everyone is starting in Hessra Village))
Darkness filled the skies and the only light that filled the sky was a crimson red moon shining it's red light down upon Hessra village. It seemed to watch twitching a pulsing with it's as if thinking about a way it could change the future. It was the night when the war had been won, it was the night when the Demonic lord Abyss fell in battle, the night where his the tyranny had ended where a great terror had been exhumed from this world. It happened every 7 years like clockwork and every seven years it was celebrated in a huge festival; if only people knew it’s true significance they would not be so quick to celebrate. It was the night where the barriers of our world weakened and the people of the underworld could enter our world.

To the man garbed in patchy brown traveling robes whose hair was white as snow and eyes of sapphire blue found the night to be a rather strange one. He was in Hessra village on the outer reaches of Asgaar’s Empire territory. Hessra Village was a place where folk tended to be hardy and serious. They had to be to live in this cold land sandwiched in between the forests and between the plains of tears which led into the Azerach desert and beyond that into the tribal lands of the Muk’tar. But to this man what was strangest of all was the fact that the villagers were being so friendly and so open, they seemed to be a different kind of people then usual. He smiled they had seemingly changed overnight, and so as this man was thrust out near the flames of the bonfire his hands met with another. A woman’s hand that cupped his own of which he found himself joining in a dance where people laughed and cheered, where they drank heartily and roared even more so. It was most lively time and so soon he too found himself laughing, a man who didn’t even know his own life, a man called “Sol”.  

TimeParalysis

Sukie-Dog101
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:26 am
The lone beast layed within the forest that layed next to the Hessra Village, she had been fallowing a few people due to her boredom, her midnight black fur was hidden with the surroundings as she layed their watching the lights and sounds of the Hessra Village, a small growl was emited from her as her ears perked up listning to all theis sounds, "Humans" she muttered to herself as her green gaze looked back and forth scanning the landscape of buildings and people, leting lose a soft whimper, she felt drawn to the Village, she did not know why, or who she was looking for, all she new is that she travled great distances to find someone, she tilted her head to the side befor she let lose a small sigh, her for shifted back into a human and she stood next to the timbers, drawing a cloke around her, she began to walk twords the landscape that drew her in so much, Hessra Village  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:21 am
"I love this village!" The statment was followed (and very nearly covered up) by a long series of giggles.

"I hate you." was the bland response.

Puffi glared at her younger companion. "You're such a kill-joy, Si-si-"

"I told you not to call me that."

"-after all, this is a festival slash party slash something!" The woman cheered, throwing both her arms up and damn near hitting Sioko in the face.

"Watch it! And you know I don't do good with lots of noise!"

"Yeah yeah- you just want an excuse to go find that hot peice of vampire a** you were eyeing earlier."

Sioko choked on his drink. "I-what-you!"

Puffi winked. "Me."

(Holy mother of god Suki, I think you need to lay off the commas. I counted ten in one sentence alone! I only have three in my entire post!)  

CannibalInABox

Adored Admirer

8,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100

latuf
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:51 pm
Latuf was sitting at the front desk of "Ulik's Weapons and Armor", the small shop he found himself working at in this world. Latuf let out a long sigh. "Ughhh. I hate this, there's nothing to do." he complained to himself, "Why do I have to watch the shop?" he continued grumbling to himself. He continued to complain to himself as he always did, ignoring the noise of some kind of celebration outside.

(( i hope my gammar and stuffs was sudible for you sol ^ ^ i tried my best))  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:58 pm
Soon Sol escaped the dance of the many hands, and stood at the bonfire his eyes staring into the flames and his smile quickly dying away. The fire danced and flickered as images slowly formed within swirls of orange and of red a scene of death and of carnage, a scene of battle. He saw people being carved in two, he heard the shrill shrieks of demonic laughter deep and horrifying, his heart pounded against his chest as he began to wonder whether these were memories of the past or of the future or perhaps both.
He continued to watch as the images of carnage spilled out onto a village, this very village but soon the images changed as if they had gone moments ahead. People screaming in his head, demons burning the the ground and blood dripping as words were said but in the darkness of these times a group of people who would rise out from the death and help these people.

He sighed his eyes growing teary as he witnessed the scene, perhaps this was why they celebrated they celebrated their freedom from the tyranny of demons and the demons destruction. But the grin soon came back, it wasn't his place to try and guess what was going to happen he could only help in the time that he was needed. The grin supplied by the words of passerby too which he had glanced off a few words in particular "your such a kill-joy, Si-Si".  

TimeParalysis

CannibalInABox

Adored Admirer

8,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:19 pm
(OKAY EVERYONE GIVE ME A MINUTE, I AM TYPING ONE-HANDED AS I BURNED THE LIVING HELL OUT OF MY LEFT HAND. AS IN HAD-TO-GO-TO-THE-HOSPITAL BURNED. SO GIVE ME THE BENIFIT OF THE DOUBT AND DON'T BOMBARD ME PLEASE. Also Latuf I edited your post to fix your grammar. XD)

Puffi looked up, noticing the white-haired man watching the two travelers. She smiled, ignoring the insults hurled at her back with practiced ease, and walked over to him.

"Hiya stranger! Having fun?" She asked, tilting her head, before looking over at the flames. "Ooooh pretty."

Sioko growled at her retreating back, before glancing up quizically as a dark shadow fell over him.

"...Hello."

"....Hi."  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:16 am
Continuing to walk around the area of the town she kept to the shadows, she noticed a party type thing, she tilted her head to the side as she watched humans of all kinds dance and celebrate and have fun this is strange she thught to herself as she looked to the blackend skys for a time, she then noticed a fire which made her back up a bit, she really didnt like fire, she sighed befor she cought the scent of another in an old looking store  

Sukie-Dog101
Captain

vengeful_soul93

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:09 pm
(sol already approved me he just hasnt put my profile up)

Ryuukio walked around the village trying to find somewhere quiet he could sit and think. He didnt like festive like activities because everyone kept staring at him. "I guess it must be one of the downsides of having wings." he thought to himself. He walked by a tavern and went to go inside. As soon as he opened the door the tavern got silent. "Maybe this wasnt such a good idea."and walked out. He noticed people dancing around a fire. He decided to go to it and zone out to the trance of the fire and think.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:51 pm
((brainfart not enough time to make this a post yet i'll have to do it later and i'm curious about the shadow is that another character?))

Sol blinked several times a response not registering as the images plagued his mind, he still grinned but it seemed more forced now and then he moved off from the fire peering into the tavern.

(will do a post after winged man's response))  

TimeParalysis

CannibalInABox

Adored Admirer

8,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:31 pm
(Yes, the shadow would be Mait. XD I was too lazy to do a whole elaborate scene with them at that time.)

Puffi noticed Sol's silence and general lack of reaction, and looked back at him. "Eh? Something wrong?" She noticed the winged man approaching them at that moment though, and was thoroughly distracted.

"You have wings!" The woman squealed, meeting him halfway and looking at the appendages in awe. "Can I touch them? Can I can I can I?!"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:01 pm
Ryuukio was almost to the spot where he could sit and think when a girl came up to him. He was a bit surprised that she wanted to touch his wings. "Umm sure i guess but be careful their delicate." He stammered out. He wasn't used to this much attention from people, the most reaction he ever got was people looking at him weird or the occasional scream of terror.  

vengeful_soul93

Sukie-Dog101
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:38 pm
her ears caught the scream of a girl and she looked up to see the fire and some sort of winged creature, she tilted her head to the side as she looked between several humans that were with the girl, she yawned bordly and leaned against a building behind her geeze why did i come here she asked herself as she let her gaze travel over the humans again  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:44 pm
Puffi cooed, before gently brushing her fingers over the appendages, making soft noises all the while. "Pretty pretty..."  

CannibalInABox

Adored Admirer

8,050 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Rp Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers