Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Chatterbox
Freakin' Ohrwurms Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fk12

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:11 pm
For those unaware, Ohrwurm is a German phrase used to describe a song or a specific portion of a song that is stuck in your head and will not leave. It literally means "Earworm," but that's kind of gross and has nothing to do with music. The English translation is kind of picking up a following, though.

You know. That song that will never leave your head, no matter how hard you try. It's there when you fall asleep. It haunts you as you wake up. We've all had one. Or multiple.

So, Net Slum, I ask you. Pass the infectious beats around. heart Share with us your Ohrwurms, past or present!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:45 pm
Can't read my, can't read my, no he can't read my poker face!  

Ayekasong

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:44 am
A lot of Anberlin songs get stuck in my head, and Ohio is for Loves by Hawthorne Heights. D: I always have songs stuck in my head at school for some reason.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:06 pm
"Drives me crazy, I don't know what to do" s**t. I don't even know what it's from D=

I also get a lot of Japanese Anime Openings in my head. Like Ranma 1/2's opening. It's annoying.  

BreathLessX
Crew

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:15 pm
Let's see...songs that are Earworms for me are...
Marisa Stole The Precious Thing
Kidnap the Sandy Claws
Wherever You are (Fantasy trance)
Sound of my Dreams (DJ Melodie)
Butterfly
Smooth Criminal
There's Always Someone Cooler than You
And above all...Oogie Boogie's Song. Though pretty much any song that I listen to multiple times can get stuck in my head. Especially if I start to forget the words to it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:49 pm
@Ayekasong- I LIKE HOW EVERY TIME I LISTENED TO THE RADIO IN A FRIEND'S CAR, THAT SONG WOUND UP COMING ON. I was like, "... Seriously?"

@Greevur- Oh man, that happens to me, too. Especially during tests, and then it's very hard to concentrate. ;_;

@BL- I wish I could help you, but I don't know, either. 8>; And hrrr one of my more recent earworms has been from a cartoon. Not the opening though. lolcharactersingles

@Darkly_Doomed
Oh, man, The Nightmare Before Christmas's music should count as a permanent earworm. 8| It just... never leaves your head.

SPEAKING OF PERMANENT EARWORMS, this has been one of mine on-and-off since I was about 12. Obviously not the Brawl remix that whole time, though~  

fk12

Bonquchko

Dapper Conversationalist

5,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:53 pm
NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP!

NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN!

NEVER GONNA RUN AROUND!

AND HURT YOU!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:39 pm
SHUT UP AND WIPE THE GLITTER s**t s**t s**t. - Katy Perry

I can not type it but it's awesome o^o

BreathLessX
Crew

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:47 am
fk12
@Ayekasong- I LIKE HOW EVERY TIME I LISTENED TO THE RADIO IN A FRIEND'S CAR, THAT SONG WOUND UP COMING ON. I was like, "... Seriously?"

@Greevur- Oh man, that happens to me, too. Especially during tests, and then it's very hard to concentrate. ;_;

@BL- I wish I could help you, but I don't know, either. 8>; And hrrr one of my more recent earworms has been from a cartoon. Not the opening though. lolcharactersingles

@Darkly_Doomed
Oh, man, The Nightmare Before Christmas's music should count as a permanent earworm. 8| It just... never leaves your head.

SPEAKING OF PERMANENT EARWORMS, this has been one of mine on-and-off since I was about 12. Obviously not the Brawl remix that whole time, though~

What was worse was when I was listening to the Japanese versions of the songs. Because then not only was it permanently stuck in my head, but it also was in a language that I couldn't understand and only a few lines were going through my head over and over and over again. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:30 am
Darkly_Doomed
fk12

@Darkly_Doomed

What was worse was when I was listening to the Japanese versions of the songs. Because then not only was it permanently stuck in my head, but it also was in a language that I couldn't understand and only a few lines were going through my head over and over and over again. burning_eyes
Yes yes yes, UBER worst that way.
That's why Silly Go Around is in my head still  

BreathLessX
Crew

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:40 pm
Bonquchko
NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU UP!

NEVER GONNA LET YOU DOWN!

NEVER GONNA RUN AROUND!

AND HURT YOU!!!

gonk
RIIIIIICCCCCKK ROOOLLLLL.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:12 am
BreathLessX
Darkly_Doomed
fk12

@Darkly_Doomed

Yes yes yes, UBER worst that way.
That's why Silly Go Around is in my head still

I can't remember if that song is on my playlist. I think it is. ._.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:49 pm
Hey There Delilah gets stuck in my head all the time. D:
But it's not too bad, because I like never get tired of that song. xD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:16 pm
"You spin me right round baby
right round like a record baby
right round round round"
"No more words
you're telling me you love me while looking away
No more words no more words"
"Take me home tonight
I don't want let you go until you see the light
Take me home tonight"

Midori of the Azure Land

Winter Faun

19,675 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100

fk12

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:39 pm
@Darkly_Doomed- One of my favorite things to do when I'm bored is go on Youtube and look up Disney songs in foreign languages. So I totally know how that feels.

@Bonquchko- REALLY? DID THAT JUST HAPPEN? 8|

@BL- Haha, Silly-Go-Round.

@Greevur- That's good, then~ There's nothing worse than having a song you HATE stuck in your head.

@Midori- That first one. Oh my god. That is my friend and my JAM. The link to the video on Youtube is so high on my searchbar because of him. 8D

And, because I love you, Net Slum, I want to share with you a delicious earworm and quite possibly my favorite music video ever. Twelvie can provide a slipshod translation if requested. o/  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff