Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
PSP go Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

narutoex40

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:01 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:41 pm
Still doesn't have anything to make this worth buying over a DS.  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:21 pm
honestly i think the PSP Go will fail in the market compared to the DSi and future DS incarnations  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:57 pm
nitnit
Still doesn't have anything to make this worth buying over a DS.

QFT  

Kirei_chan

O.G. Codger

6,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Viraal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:41 pm
PSP Go might not be anything special, but I do have to say the PSP 2000 or 3000 beats a DS anyday. There are so many more options than a DS and can do everything a DS can and more except play the cartridges which usually not many DS games have been worth playing.

Photo editing aside, Photoshop is far superior.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:46 pm
Ohhh you must be from that alternate universe where the DS doesn't outsell the PSP more than 2 to 1, and where people actually play PSP games that aren't emulated.  

nitnit
Captain

Viraal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:02 pm
No I actually use all the options for a PSP and I do own a DS which I never play because all the games are close to repeat. I only have Chrono Trigger for the DS because its worth the buy. There are only a handful of games for either system but I have found the PSPs selection to satisfy far more than the DS. Price affects the stats too and just because DS is cheap and the price fits the lack of features is the main reason it sells more. PSP Go will not make it out far with a $250 price tag and less features than the PSP but by far I see the better buy in what the PSP offers. Music, optional camera, games, internet, movies, online radio, pic trades, online gaming, ad hoc gaming, its own download store, and overall customization abilities. Which to most if they actually thought about it is worth the extra 30 or 40 dollars saved on a DS with barely half the options. DS disappointed me with their products. Nintendo got cheap and that put them a bit ahead. Ill give credit to the touch screen and DSi's photo editing and finally including a browser but by pure technique Sony has the upper hand. If they only lowered the price DS wouldn't stand much chance.

Also, I can emulate a DS as well as any system really, not that hard.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:06 am
Your wall of text is full of flaws. If you look at a list of all of the DS games, there are tons that are similar to Chrono Trigger that are great. Not to mentions games from almost every other genre that are good too.

Plus, your ultimate argument of "lol i can emulate stuffs!!!!" pretty much says that the PC would be better than both of them since the PC can emulate... well everything.  

nitnit
Captain

Viraal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:31 am
Well naturally PC beats all because of its modification and ability but lets face it, PC is just not as conveniently portable as PSP or DS. Though while you say my argument is full of flaws, your only comeback is that there are games out there for DS as good as Chrono Trigger, but that is a matter of opinion. As far as what was said though, fact conquers opinion and by tech and features, PSP is stronger, and as said before, the DS basically sells off a low budget.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:45 am
In a capitalistic society sales trump all, and the DS has more than double that of the PSP.

Regardless, can you honestly say that you like no games other than chrono trigger on the DS?

Pokemon series, Advance Wars series, Final Fantasy 4, Mario Kart, Castlevania Series, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance2, New Super Mario Bros, Metroid Prime: Hunters, Zelda Phantom Hourglass, Animal Crossing, Sonic..

Plus many others, if none of those games appeal to you, then yes, the DS isn't for you.  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:49 am
I dislike handheld gaming in general, i prefer large power sucking hardware 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:00 pm
Now don't get me wrong I never once said I dislike DS. Chrono Trigger just happens to be a very valued game to me. LoZ razz H disappointed me and I play all Final Fantasies either on my comp or ps1. I prefer the older games over most of the newer ones. Like I said I own both systems. Though for options available, PSP has more to offer. I am a heave RPG guy with a like for some action adventure and fps. The Boktai Series captured me and honestly Pokemon got just a bit more repetitive than need be. Though yes I played all but the newest ones, platinum actually looks like it offers something refreshing. The new Sonic's are ok but it seems like they are getting bland since SAB2.

I am an all around gamer so I play many many games. I work at a gaming store and am an aspiring VG Designer. My point still stands though.  

Viraal

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:04 pm
Kylan Abdiel
The new Sonic's are ok but it seems like they are getting bland since SAB2.

I am an all around gamer so I play many many games. I work at a gaming store and am an aspiring VG Designer. My point still stands though.

What about the Sonic RPG Bioware made? I read and heard that it was actually a really good, if not great, Sonic game.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:04 pm
Well to each his own. Also working at a game store doesn't really qualify you anymore than anyone else, at the local gamestops here half the people barely know what they're talking about.

I'm aspiring to be a professional game journalist with my own site for reviews, and I know a good deal about development, so I'm not completely speaking out of my a** ninja  

nitnit
Captain

Viraal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:10 pm
Oh you are providing a great debate indeed =] I am having a good time with this conversation. I wasn't saying that to qualify me for anything, just saying that games are pretty much my life.

Sonic: Dark Brotherhood you mean? I personally disliked it, Mario RPG did better with that kind of transfer. Now a Sonic brand MMO would be pretty interesting.

All I am saying is I have found more things to do with the PSP than the DS not necessarily gamewise. I use every feature available and have two PSP's one hacked and the other legit. I love my DS though, I have the Collecters Edition Zelda DS. I cherish it.

I could care less about price. I go for quality. =]  
Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces