The Colony

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:12 pm
Anyone else watch the show?

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/colony/colony.html?sicontent=0&sicreative=4045505073&siclientid=3429&sitrackingid=80055074&campaign=GGL|the+colony|Colony+-+Alone|GGL+TC+-+Branded+-+Show+-+Alone

Well, I missed the first two episodes, watched this week's.
I got through the usual drama BS that's in these shows and also got through the 'reality' genre of it all.

It's pretty watchable, but next weeks episode may be the deal breaker for me.
Some traders come into the compound and are selling their wares.
Anyway, one of the survivors in the compound yells, "no guns! no guns!"
No idea if that's him telling them to put them away or they don't want to buy any.

I can see how they don't want guns because seriously, the raiders that attack don't have any and if the survivors had guns the raiders would get pwnt. Then, how would you figure they get shot? Have guns with simmunition? That's what I would do, but I bet the show doesn't have that budget. That and, they probably can't play it as dramatic as group of engineers making a death mobile out of a '72 Oldsmobile Delta 88.

They should have guns in the show, it'd be more realistic.
Obviously, a group of self righteous anti-gun dinks aren't going to live long in a post-apocalyptic scenario, no matter how many MacGyver devices they can create.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:35 pm
Can I watch it online? My TV service is pretty much out at least for another month.  

uryu ishida

Barru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:42 pm
uryu ishida
Can I watch it online? My TV service is pretty much out at least for another month.

No idea if it's online.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:03 am
uryu ishida
Can I watch it online?
Relevant to my interests. I don't get cable channels.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Maddness91

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:55 am
at the gun debate, idk if it would be legal for the show to just basically hand out real guns to the survivors... the legalities alone would prolly kill the show befor it started... also this show is supposed to be geared towards useing the mind to create things to overcome the odds of a PAW and to give viewers some thing to think about themselves... not just "ok week 2 out of 6, we have guns now and they don't, so we can basically hunt / steal anything we need now... screw all the stuff we were building..."
think about it... would u watch a show that just had 10 guys w/ guns go out and loot everything every day in a place the size of a very small town? for 6 weeks? would get boring after 2-3 days...

"what did we get today guys?"
"food and water and we shot some guy in the foot to get it"
"ok... wait... isn;t that what we did yesterday?"
"yeah... sounds close... hey want some canned hot dogs?"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:16 am
Maddness91
yay rapid share and such...
there also torrents available almost everywhere...
these are all rapidshare / other direct downloads... the first 2 are tested, the 3rd i got somewhere else...

EP #1:

EP #2:

EP #1,2,3 (in 4 parts not 2, so it takes longer):

(1st day and i'm already being helpful... i'm on a roll cool )

at the gun debate, idk if it would be legal for the show to just basically hand out real guns to the survivors... the legalities alone would prolly kill the show befor it started... also this show is supposed to be geared towards useing the mind to create things to overcome the odds of a PAW and to give viewers some thing to think about themselves... not just "ok week 2 out of 6, we have guns now and they don't, so we can basically hunt / steal anything we need now... screw all the stuff we were building..."
think about it... would u watch a show that just had 10 guys w/ guns go out and loot everything every day in a place the size of a very small town? for 6 weeks? would get boring after 2-3 days...

It'd be all staged, like the show is. Well, kind of, the raiders wont be hurting them so, yeah and I doubt they'd let them make actual deadly weapons to use against the raiders. Saw that pretty awesome cattleprod that engineer made.
They'd give them guns loaded with simmunition and I doubt they'd go and kill random survivors for what they have, probably just use them to cap the Raiders.

I think those are warez, I think that's against the EULA on Gaia and could get you banned.
Guild might get in trouble as well, not sure about that though.  

Barru

Maddness91

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:03 am
Barru
Maddness91
yay rapid share and such...
there also torrents available almost everywhere...
these are all rapidshare / other direct downloads... the first 2 are tested, the 3rd i got somewhere else...

EP #1:

EP #2:

EP #1,2,3 (in 4 parts not 2, so it takes longer):

(1st day and i'm already being helpful... i'm on a roll cool )

It'd be all staged, like the show is. Well, kind of, the raiders wont be hurting them so, yeah and I doubt they'd let them make actual deadly weapons to use against the raiders. Saw that pretty awesome cattleprod that engineer made.
They'd give them guns loaded with simmunition and I doubt they'd go and kill random survivors for what they have, probably just use them to cap the Raiders.

I think those are warez, I think that's against the EULA on Gaia and could get you banned.
Guild might get in trouble as well, not sure about that though.
i wasn;t even thinking live ammo had to be involved... even if they gave them blanks, those are still dangerous (i.e. muzzle flash and ear damage) i still think there would be a big legal hassle and therefor wouldn;t be worth the risk...
and low and behold, no guns were for sale anyways xd

are TV shows copyrighted? hmm, i guess they may be... i'll take off the links for now until some one says yes or a definite no...

for all that have gone to the 4th ep site, i think that sites will host the remaining eps as they get them... so no real need for me to post more links to the same site all the time...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:22 pm
Hulu.com
As legal as it gets.  

Freak_090
Captain

Barru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:37 pm
Cool, hulu links to discovery which actually has the shows online for free.
Excellent!

Watched the episodes I missed.
I like the 4th one the most.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:44 pm
Part 2 is premiering tonight. Looks like it is located in the south; there was an alligator in a swamp in the commercial for it.  

Buki_Actual

9,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

inverse-actuality

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:25 pm
The show pretty much says it's scripted so I don't watch it. There is ABSOLUTELY NO REAL DANGER which is why I don't watch it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:30 pm
inverse-actuality
The show pretty much says it's scripted so I don't watch it. There is ABSOLUTELY NO REAL DANGER which is why I don't watch it.
eh, season 2, they get reasonably beaten up... season 1 was super weak in the danger department tho... more of a "this is what you can build at home if ur in a natural disaster" kind of show

and there is danger... both seasons the colonists end up starving for the last week or so... and especially working with no safety precautions for 12 hours a day, in an old factory or burn out neighborhood, people get hurt... hell, one guy almost got killed because they used half rotten rope to try to pull a stair case onto a roof... luckily there was an overhang protecting him

honestly, if u like those building shows like American Chopper or Monster Garage, u would like this show more often than not... and if ur as obsessed with post apocalyptic worlds as i am, u'll love it same as i do xd just give it a try  

Maddness91

Recon_Ninja_985

Dapper Entrepreneur

7,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:52 pm
Sgt Buckner
Part 2 is premiering tonight. Looks like it is located in the south; there was an alligator in a swamp in the commercial for it.
its filmed in an abandoned neighborhood in louisiana along the gulf coast.

most shows that are supposed to take place in louisiana piss me off because they try to twist reality by making the state seem completely swamp covered, totally cajun/redneck and/or ghetto or whatever with various reptiles running around in hordes.

(I know the colony is meant to be ghetto, but im just talking generally)  
Survival (NOW OPEN)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games