Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Corporate Gaia Is...
  ...an a*****e
  ...just dandy
View Results

Flyentologist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:25 pm
You guys know those "complete the offers, get Gaia Cash" thing that Gaia's been advertising?

Never looked into it until now.
You'll get the Gaia Cash, but what will it cost you?

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/some-information-concerning-free-gc-offers-read-1st-post/t.50935241/

Check it out. Gaia, you shame me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:41 pm
eek I'm glad I never took part in it.....  

0Moon_Maiden0

Moonlight_HuangHou
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:18 pm
And so gaia wasn't innocent after all. And here I thought they wanted to help out non-paying gaians.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:25 pm
Gaia's likely getting paid to have those surveys up there. Probably accepted them without checking into it themselves, which is irresponsible on their part.

Not to mention, there's a bunch of young teenagers on here who would have no idea that those toolbars are filled with viruses when they download them.

Edit: That Samurai Warriors 3 thread is up in the Entertainment Review forum, for those who would like to check it out.

Flyentologist

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:06 pm
oh really? dang.. thanks i was really on the verge of doing just that.. eek  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:39 am
Why, Gaia? Why so greedy? There is truly no need.  

Wyvern683

Flyentologist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:34 pm
EGAD!!!

I accidently clicked an ad on Gaia, and it brought me to one of those "You have a virus, would you like a free virus scan?" websites, which immediately tried installing multiple viruses on my computer.

GAIA WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:20 pm
Its probably not really gaia's fault. There are a number of codes viruses or browser hijackers can use to make a link look legit, or to hack into a link and redirect the browser to a false and malicious web site. Quite frankly it has been happening a lot especially on search engines. These sites and links can substitute any image or text into a desired object. Like on facebook your picture or your friends' pictures can show up in Ad links with their names under it. I didnt read the entire thread but from what I read it just seems like the same hijacking.

ps. What I am really mad about are the "gift" boxes that you have to pay to open. What messed up crap is that?!  

VampressLeona

Flyentologist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:47 pm
VampressLeona
Its probably not really gaia's fault. There are a number of codes viruses or browser hijackers can use to make a link look legit, or to hack into a link and redirect the browser to a false and malicious web site. Quite frankly it has been happening a lot especially on search engines. These sites and links can substitute any image or text into a desired object. Like on facebook your picture or your friends' pictures can show up in Ad links with their names under it. I didnt read the entire thread but from what I read it just seems like the same hijacking.

ps. What I am really mad about are the "gift" boxes that you have to pay to open. What messed up crap is that?!

I've seen those same exact surveys years ago, and they've been the same all this time. Still the same scam.
Those facebook/myspace ads that have your friend's faces are a rather different thing. Those are just there. Gaia is offering you rewards for partaking in those surveys. Surveys that have been long-known to be computer-killers.
Gaia, being as big a company as it is, should be able to look into these sort of things.

And yeah, those boxes you have to PAY to open.
Gaia's getting greedy.

Hmm. I miss old Gaia. Back when getting a Magical Pink Giftbox was the s**t.
I remember when Steel-plated Ninja Bands were only 20,000g. I used to have two. I wish I kept them. I'd be Gaia-rich. D:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:43 pm
Yeah, I used to have items that were 70,000 gold at one time, now being over 600,000 each, and I regret I sold them, because I'm poor now. ;-;

But yeah, I keep getting those Lucky Chests and it's starting to get my nerves. I get one a day it seems, and I'm never going to open one. There needs to be a feature where you can turn them off...

I used to get Giftboxes all the time, pink or not. Now I don't see anything. It sucks, I miss them. D: I haven't been playing Gaia long enough for the 'pink links'. I heard when you clicked one, you got an instant 1k or something?

Oh, and about the viruses, I clicked one of the advertisements and I had that virus thing, too.

Death Shikaku

Dornkus
Crew

Werewolf

11,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:13 am
I get several lucky chests within a few minutes. It's quite irritating.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:43 am
It was only exciting for me the first time because I completely forgot about the chests and hadn't read the announcement yet......

...but yes-are becoming increasingly annoying.  

0Moon_Maiden0

Flyentologist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:23 am
Dornkus
I get several lucky chests within a few minutes. It's quite irritating.
I think it's the same one, and it lasts about 5 minutes, then it goes away.
Usually, only to come back an hour later.

Shikaku: I only got one pink link ever, and that was back in '05. Back when 1k was something of somewhat minor significance. Now you can get 30,000g in an hour. Times have chaaaaaanged.
Oh, and the reason giftboxes are harder to come by now is because of the algorithm. Only a certain amount of Gaians get one per day/hour or whatever it goes by. That number hasn't changed since Gaia first started, and with a far more massive userbase now than back then, the odds of getting it is unlikely. I only get about 2 a year now. Sometimes only one.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:13 am
Ohhh okay. Thanks for clearing that up; I wondered why I haven't seen one in quite a while.

I just had a, "i iz a nub" moment.

Death Shikaku

Zizzykitty
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:59 am
I read a petition against the "free offers" a while ago.
It's not just viruses you get in those things but they also can steal your identity when you're a 13 year old kid who wants some Gaia Cash and only needs his daddy's credit card number.

Gaia is starting to sicken me that's why I've been kind of sparse lately.
You guys are the only ones that keep me here. ;-;

Also that chest thing pissed me off.
I hadn't seen the announcement yet and I got one so I was like "huh, new thing?" and clicked it and it was like "LOL. PAY MONEY TO OPEN ME." and I was like "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU GAIA."  
*~Purple Moonlight Haze~*

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff