Yes... >_>
  No, not really.
  Spiders? O_O
  No problem!
View Results

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:20 pm
So I walk into the bathroom tonight with the intention of taking a shower, however I then discovered that about 150 baby spiders had decided to take over the ceiling surfaces of the bathroom.

I first noticed them when two landed in my hair and floated down infront of me on a piece of silk. eek

Now, I love spiders. I normally remove them to outside when I find one in the house, but this is different. I will not tolerate hundreds of babies crawling around everywhere.

So, I eliminated them. Every last one. My shower ended up being taken 45 minutes later than I had intended it to be, and I got to practice making threats in French and German as I wiped the small spiders out.

I hunted through ought the house later and found some cellar spiders.

I blame the babbies that invaded my bathroom on the cream housespider though.

If it was cellar spiders, I wouldn't be too worried but the cream ones have bites that really hurt. sweatdrop

Normally I find them outside but sometimes they just like to chill out in my house.... stare
----

So, has anyone else here had an animal invasion in their home? surprised  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:01 am
There's a hole in the wooden top thing (whatever you would call it) in our front porch, and a couple birds have found their way in there. My stepdad wants to kill them because they won't leave, but I figure once the babies can fly they'll clear out anyways. It'd be so horribly wrong to kill them.

Also, our whole block has for the past 20 years (since my mom moved here, perhaps longer back) been on top of one giant ant tunnel. We get a few in the summer, but it's just quickly killing them (I have no tolerance for ants like Ido most things) and going about your day. Nothing big.  

SADERR

Megumi Selwyn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:14 am
We've got constant insect problems, at my place. The house wasn't well-built, and they just keep getting in.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:15 pm
At my old house, we had a flea INFESTATION. That was hell.
My apartment LOVES ants in the spring.

I used to have spiders swarm into my basement room at our old house, so I got used to them.

Cellar spiders look amazing in low light biggrin  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

Arkythiana

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:06 pm
We used to have a horrible problem with little millipedes here. Thankfully, we never saw their mother. The little things were everywhere: in the kitchen, the living room, the bathroom, and they especially loved the basement since it's nice and cool. There's never been a problem with them during previous years, but I'm glad that they're gone now. I can't imagine having a spider problem. They're even more creepy. I love looking at them in textbooks, but real life is just too much.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:40 pm
This morning, I walked into the kitchen to find that all of my strudel was covered in happy-go-lucky ants. I was like, "No!" and quickly grabbed some ant killer, and sprayed all of the surrounding walls, counters, and the sink. I eyen sprayed the trashcan after I trashed the strudel. And now I'm angry because that was MY strudel that I had bought with the last of MY money. They were all over the plastic coverings on the bread, but I quickly washed them out with the sinkwater.

Ha ha, ants.
Ha ha.

Sadistic Rainbows

1,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Dressed Up 200

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:10 pm
I live in a really, really, really old house... so ants usually get in during the summer, and no matter how much we treat the house and the outside, we get spiders. I get bit by them alot in my sleep, not near as many times this year however... but I did get bit on the far side of my face ontop my jaw bone. So yeah, that is basically it...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:35 am
I once swallowed a spider.
It bit the inside of my throat on the way down, so I puked it back up to make sure it wasn't the bad kind of spider.  

Xahmen

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:11 am
I'm curious, Wraith, how'd you do it?

I normally use an improvised flamethrower(bug spray and a candle lighter) for when similar things happen(I'm allergic to bees, wasps, and hornets, so I kinda have no choice).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:45 pm
That reminds me of the daddy longlegs infestation I once saw during a Boy Scout camp. Their favorite place? The showers.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:47 pm
Infection XIII

I normally use an improvised flamethrower(bug spray and a candle lighter) for when similar things happen(I'm allergic to bees, wasps, and hornets, so I kinda have no choice).
I put bleach in a spray bottle, sprayed it onto a towel, wrapped it around a mop to make a sort of make-shift swiffer mop, and crushed and swept them to their death. The ones that survived I shook off the mop-thing and into the sink which was holding a small pool of bleach. I mixed it up a bit and then they just went down the drain.

Some tried to hide inside the heater, so I just turned it on maximum to flush them out. If they came out, they were killed by me and if they didn't, they probably burned to death.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:55 pm
I had an infestation of ants a few months back.
And a story to go with it!

So, I got back from spending the night at a friends house, and was really tired so I wasn't paying attention to the house [I was home alone btw]. I was on automatic mode. So I went to my room, changed cloths and saw that my dog was nudging something with her nose near the computer. It seemed odd to me so I was like "Seriously, what the hell are you doing xP." It turned out it was a dead bird my kitty killed and brought to me as a present. I finally decided to look around the house and saw that there was blood all over my bathroom, the kitchen floor and one of the walls. So I can only assume it was alive in the house at some point.

At this point I was already kind of upset because it makes me sad when my kitty does things like that, and the blood everywhere only made it worse. But then, I looked again at the kitchen and ants were covering the counters, so I had to kill alllll of the ants and clean up all of the blood.

When I thought that the traumatic stuff was over I went into the living room. Where my mother had left the TV on that stupid Discovery Health Channel, and it was this show where babies were being born or whatever. Then the doctor on the show was like "THE BABY IS DEAD! THE BABY IS DEAD!"

Needless to say it was too much death [bird, ants, baby] in the space of a thirty minute period and I cried for like an hour. xDD

But yupp...ants took over my house.

dark and demented

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:52 pm
XWraith_LordX
Infection XIII

I put bleach in a spray bottle, sprayed it onto a towel, wrapped it around a mop to make a sort of make-shift swiffer mop, and crushed and swept them to their death. The ones that survived I shook off the mop-thing and into the sink which was holding a small pool of bleach. I mixed it up a bit and then they just went down the drain.

Some tried to hide inside the heater, so I just turned it on maximum to flush them out. If they came out, they were killed by me and if they didn't, they probably burned to death.
Damn you were way more thoughtful about it than me.
xp

With problems like these I always just turn to fire like a twitch reaction.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:14 pm
Infection XIII
XWraith_LordX
Infection XIII

xp

Well it was inside the bathroom, so I didn't want giant singe marks on the cieling or burnt paint or anything up there. Otherwise, fire sounds like an awesome idea. cool

I remember once my friends and I made some blow torches with spray paint and a cigarette lighter, then we made actual torches with some branches with rags tied to the end of them. It was fun. xd  

Henneth Annun
Captain

L Ron Jeremy

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:00 am
XWraith_LordX
Infection XIII
XWraith_LordX
Infection XIII

xp

Well it was inside the bathroom, so I didn't want giant singe marks on the cieling or burnt paint or anything up there. Otherwise, fire sounds like an awesome idea. cool

I remember once my friends and I made some blow torches with spray paint and a cigarette lighter, then we made actual torches with some branches with rags tied to the end of them. It was fun. xd
Thing is, I don't think about that. Inside or out, fire's always a solution for me.
xp

It's why my grandma thought it fitting to finally buy a fire extinguisher.
ninja

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces