Welcome to Gaia! ::

Arts of the Midnight

Back to Guilds

Where time is not a boundary for dreams. 

Tags: arts, painting, music, movies, randomness 

Reply AM forum
How do you transfer yor emotions into your art? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

clever134

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:18 pm

When you feel angry, do you scream?
When you are sad, do you cry?
When you are hurt, do you bottle it up?

I feel all these, but the bottom one is the only one I do. The rest pour out into my artwork. It may not be the happiest work but it is my, and it has a true meaning. Without meaning Art is just a stupid picture on a wall, or a boring song overplayed. Without all of these art isn't worth it. I love art because It is the one thing that I can give it all to and there is nothing else like it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:56 pm
I feel the same way. Except my emotional pictures usually end up being happy ones.  

blakely

Kashaku-Tatsu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:57 am
My art is always a reflection of my emotion at the time of creation. They tend to worry people though lmao. If I'm under too much stress or poor health I notice that I am prone to creative blocks.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:42 am
Kashaku-Tatsu
My art is always a reflection of my emotion at the time of creation. They tend to worry people though lmao. If I'm under too much stress or poor health I notice that I am prone to creative blocks.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
My art is like yours except I tend to get extremily creative when I'm not feeling well. The only problem with that is I run myself into the ground and my works tend to be very dark.

II Stelmaria II

Naughty Explorer

8,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Yuzuhari

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:50 am
i got really angry once and drew a picture of someone dying (lots of blood). then i got in trouble for it a week later....
if i feel happy my pictures tend to be a little on the sunnier side, if i'm feeling sad i tend not to draw at all.
i try to go with whenever i feel insipired or not.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:38 am
Stelmaria2
Kashaku-Tatsu

My art is like yours except I tend to get extremily creative when I'm not feeling well. The only problem with that is I run myself into the ground and my works tend to be very dark.

wow, its great to know im not the only person that happens to! biggrin that happens to me all the time though. it seems like im much more creative when im overrun with emotion whether they be good or bad. when im down my art tends to be more dark and the pictures seem to always have a more symbolic meaning.  

Terix_FM

2,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

bakanatorz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:38 pm
I do that a lot too; though i'm a weird person and it's more like a mirror of myself a.k.a when i'm REALLY sad; I draw someone cheering me up someone happpily smiling .
It works better  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:15 pm
clever134

When you feel angry, do you scream?
When you are sad, do you cry?
When you are hurt, do you bottle it up?

I feel all these, but the bottom one is the only one I do. The rest pour out into my artwork. It may not be the happiest work but it is my, and it has a true meaning. Without meaning Art is just a stupid picture on a wall, or a boring song overplayed. Without all of these art isn't worth it. I love art because It is the one thing that I can give it all to and there is nothing else like it.

In theory, any art I do at current should reflect a bottomless bitterness I have with my job and most of the people in it.  

BlueRockman

Dedicated Dabbler

Uber-bani-gurl^^

6,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:25 pm
i only know how to draw smiling faces...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:32 pm
When I'm happy I just draw a bunch of cartoon faces.
Sad, I actually do really detailed, random inanimate objects.
Sometimes I can draw really detailed people, and I work on one drawing for hours.
Sometimes I just free write. With nameless characters, I let out my emotion through them.  

ShePotterGleek

2,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

BlueRockman

Dedicated Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:50 pm
You know what's trickier than putting things to paper? Putting them to pixels. By the time you've gotten far enough to think your work looks decent, you've probably forgotten the emotion you were trying to put into it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:07 pm
lol part of the reason I don't do computer graphics.... well mostly cause I was raised and trained in school as a traditional artist I feel too disconnected to do anything solely on the computer.

It's funny when I read the other responses cause I am sure my happy pics are still considered "dark" to others....

Like this one, I drew it when I felt motherly and was tired of trying to tell people what a Kashaku Tatsu was lol (there is shibari razor wire and disemboweling so had to censor it out for the tos)

User Image  

Kashaku-Tatsu

BlueRockman

Dedicated Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:26 pm
Kashaku-Tatsu
lol part of the reason I don't do computer graphics.... well mostly cause I was raised and trained in school as a traditional artist I feel too disconnected to do anything solely on the computer.

It's funny when I read the other responses cause I am sure my happy pics are still considered "dark" to others....

Like this one, I drew it when I felt motherly and was tired of trying to tell people what a Kashaku Tatsu was lol (there is shibari razor wire and disemboweling so had to censor it out for the tos)

User Image

And here people chastised -me- for my works in my DA gallery...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:43 pm
No matter what, I have trouble putting emotions into the pictures I draw. The pictures may look as if there could be meaning behind it, but there really is nothing to it other than talent.
I just draw things that are visually pleasing to me.  

Anstrum

Kashaku-Tatsu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:22 am
Quote:
And here people chastised -me- for my works in my DA gallery...

sounded oddly condescending .... lol  
AM forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces