Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Extraterrestrials, anyone?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SADERR

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:49 pm
I am curious what the thought of other-worldly, intelligent life forms are in the pagan community?

I myself believe such things do exist, as a definite.
The universe is never ending..infinite, if you will. Such a proportion that it cannot even be understood by the human brain, as we believe there must be an end to everything. So all in all, the universe is completely infahomable by the human mind. We cannot be alone in such a place, if it can even be called that.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:30 am
At last estimate, there are BILLIONS of galaxies out there.

Each galaxy has BILLIONS of stars.

Statistically speaking, it's impossible for some kind of life not to exist somewhere. razz  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:11 am
It would be so incredible if we found some other kind of life out there. It would be even cooler if the life was friendly. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:48 pm
This thread strikes me rather oddly. I've had to think this through about three times (yes, writing out a response three times) to get a handle on why. The question is irrelevant to me on several levels.

First, it's irrelevant to me because I don't define "intelligence" narrowly; everything bears some form of intelligence for all things are Divine. Asking about intelligent life then becomes as redundant as asking if gravity exists somewhere. sweatdrop

Second, it's irrelevant because my (and that of many Neopagans) practice is nature-centered. Why would I concern myself with some far-flung entity with whom which I can have no personal experience (and thus no meaningful relationship) with?

I don't at all intend this to be a put-down on your topic, Jonathonn. It actually did make me think about some things in a new way and I think it might be good for all of us to ask us what real relevance would this sort of thing have for our paths. For Biblical literalists for example, I imagine that the discovery of certain things outside of the sphere of Gaea would be very upsetting to them theologically. I don't see Neopagans being nearly as threatened by such things, but maybe some of 'em are?  

Starlock

Pebble in my shoe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:32 pm
Here's my theory on this:

Earth has life forms on it because there's water

if there's other water out there, there's more life forms.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:37 am
User Image
User Image

i've heard many veiws on this... my personal veiw is that if we are selfish enough to think that there can't be other life forms in this universe then we suck more as a species than i thought. i mean many humans already feel they are superior to the animals that we share this world with.

my friend beleives that there may be living organisms but only in bacterial form. she refuses to acknowledge that there may be other more advanced types as well. (yet she loves star wars 0.0 go figure.)

User Image  

x-moon-x-daughter-x

Silfy_Steller

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:06 pm
If there are I wonder what kind of spiritual paths they follow, [If there that advanced]
Or If they've grown past spiritual paths....hmm  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:43 am
I personally believe in aliens. I believe in the possibility that some of the Gods people worship may have been aliens that visited earth and taught people things (not saying they are but that I think it could be a possibility).  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Bad Quality Serena

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:06 am
i believe it is impossible that earth is the only life supporting planet in the universe.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:07 am
Pebble in my shoe
Here's my theory on this:

Earth has life forms on it because there's water

if there's other water out there, there's more life forms.

see,but some moons have frozen water on them,but that doesnt necessarily
mean theres life on it.

Bad Quality Serena

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:31 pm
I believe there has to be life out there.
I don't doubt they're friendly. We're friendly too.
But our species also wouldn't think twice about ripping it up to see how it functions.

I'm certain they've visited us. I don't think they've probed us though.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:47 am
Of course, only foools believe that were the ONLY life forms out there.
there might even be another earth out there!
wether they've visited us....idk. maybe.
but if people were to 'catch' one....99% chance he/she/it would get disected before we could welcome it/ask it stuff about its race or planet/do anything else.
that's the way most humans are..... sad  

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:10 am
Something to think about is how you define "life."

I suspect that the entities we call gods and spirits could be considered a form of life. Of course, they are probably nothing like life as we know it; I rather doubt that most of us have a frame of reference at this point that would allow us to get our heads around what they quite really are.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games