Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Anime and Manga Talk
Slightly confused about .Hack//SIGN (May contain spoilers)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zira361

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:32 am
I have currently started watching .Hack//SIGN (like 11 episodes in a row [that takes alot of free time XD]), and a few things strike me as odd...

First of all, I heard from a few people that Sora is Haseo. WTF?! Sora is some weird-o 10 year old that no one wants to be around (that makes the show a hell of a lot funnier XD), yet Haseo is some bad a** guy that doesn't give a s**t about other people's opinions.

Second of all, In .Hack//Mutation (yes, the video game) with the flash-back involing Mimiru, Bear, and Tsukasa about the whole subject of if Tsukasa's a girl or not, for Mimiru's name, it showed the name Rena... So, that confuses me also.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:32 am
For the first one, when you finish the SIGN, it's shown that Sora was in a coma (yay coma!) and after he woke up, he forgets pretty much everything about the world. That's also due to his parents removing everything about the world. So I believe that when Haseo signed up, of course he forgets that he was Sora. Don't take me too serious, cause my brain is fried at the moment.

As for Mutation, I think that's a glitch in the dubbing thing.  

BreathLessX
Crew

Zira361

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:08 pm
BreathLessX
For the first one, when you finish the SIGN, it's shown that Sora was in a coma (yay coma!) and after he woke up, he forgets pretty much everything about the world. That's also due to his parents removing everything about the world. So I believe that when Haseo signed up, of course he forgets that he was Sora. Don't take me too serious, cause my brain is fried at the moment.

As for Mutation, I think that's a glitch in the dubbing thing.

Yay coma? XD

It might be, but Rena didn't even exsist when those games were made (I don't think), so it's just confusing how they would confuse the two...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:16 am
Zira361
I have currently started watching .Hack//SIGN (like 11 episodes in a row [that takes alot of free time XD]), and a few things strike me as odd...

First of all, I heard from a few people that Sora is Haseo. WTF?! Sora is some weird-o 10 year old that no one wants to be around (that makes the show a hell of a lot funnier XD), yet Haseo is some bad a** guy that doesn't give a s**t about other people's opinions.

Second of all, In .Hack//Mutation (yes, the video game) with the flash-back involing Mimiru, Bear, and Tsukasa about the whole subject of if Tsukasa's a girl or not, for Mimiru's name, it showed the name Rena... So, that confuses me also.

This is my theroy of the first one....
(this is also incliding Bl's post~) That after he fel into a coma, Sora basically became an AI(and the first epitaph user~! <3). After the player, Ryou, wakes up form his coma, He doesn't remember anything from the World, or getting it at all. However, i'm lead to believe he remembers everything else that wasn't involved with the game. I THINK all the memories of the World went to Sora, who was now a permenant AI.
(lol makes you wonder what Silver Knight would say if he found out Haseo was Sora[and yes, they did meet. At the end of //Roots <3])

Second part...Was a bad translating i think. How the can get her name confused, i dunno, but i think its because, during that time, they heard of a character who was a heavy blade was coming out in a manga soon(at that point, but its alrdy out now XD) and they thought THAT was her.
They're not very clever, are they?  

Epitaph_Dawn

Zira361

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:54 am
Epitaph_Dawn
Zira361

This is my theroy of the first one....
(this is also incliding Bl's post~) That after he fel into a coma, Sora basically became an AI(and the first epitaph user~! <3). After the player, Ryou, wakes up form his coma, He doesn't remember anything from the World, or getting it at all. However, i'm lead to believe he remembers everything else that wasn't involved with the game. I THINK all the memories of the World went to Sora, who was now a permenant AI.
(lol makes you wonder what Silver Knight would say if he found out Haseo was Sora[and yes, they did meet. At the end of //Roots <3])

Second part...Was a bad translating i think. How the can get her name confused, i dunno, but i think its because, during that time, they heard of a character who was a heavy blade was coming out in a manga soon(at that point, but its alrdy out now XD) and they thought THAT was her.
They're not very clever, are they?

So that also explains why he can be chose as a character later on in .Hack//IMOQ. >.>And how he was in the last episode of .Hack//SIGN (#28 ) even after he fell into a coma. (watched the end of the series now! =D)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:20 pm

Actually, .hack//SIGN 28: Unison is non-canonical
You heard it here. I'm not sure if the Sora AI has anything to do with it but it conflicts with GU in some way so it's considered Non-cannon

Your obedient servant,
LADY PHANTOM

t-t-ten million fireflies

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
Anime and Manga Talk

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers