Submit

Meat sandwitch?
  Yeah
  Nah
  MUFFINS!!!
View Results

tikiu1221

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:32 pm
I have PDF copies of the basic gurps system and I think it would be quite easy to run a game of GURPS over a forum I will easily supply the books if you can give me an Email address if your intrested in playing

The game will be a basic fantasy game but you can use your Fursona do some degree if your character is godlike or is something as big as a dragon you may need to tone it down a bit for game rules and party balance and the ability to have fun for all!

GURPS is "general universal role playing system"

any setting any time any place all it uses as far as I can tell is D6s the forums hear have a dice roller I will require that for the character sheets I will make them in note pad and I will require that when you make your character that you write down exactly what you spent your points on. {will be described in the book in the how you make your character bit}

I will be needing you to email me your character sheet and your point expense write up after creation and each game{Just to make sure every one is fallowing rules its not like I don't trust this community its just habit and I need to know what your characters are and what they are becoming}  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:36 pm
I've never heard good things about GURPS. I always prefer DnD or WoD  

Af Mas

tikiu1221

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:40 pm
Af Mas
I've never heard good things about GURPS. I always prefer DnD or WoD

Well my first expirance with the system was a game called Big eyes small Mouth (BESM) an anime baised role playing game but it could be used for anything mutch like gurps its the same system more or less just a bit lighter in rules and some explanation of those rules but either way gurps is a bit more fun because the rules dont hold down the story  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:00 pm
Yeah I only had bad experiences with BESM, unfortunately, especially when I went to Gen Con. That was horrible  

Af Mas

tikiu1221

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 5:18 am
Af Mas
Yeah I only had bad experiences with BESM, unfortunately, especially when I went to Gen Con. That was horrible

well when i played I only had good expirances we had a good GM and a really fun group of guys who most of them were freinds seince they were all in highschool {most of them were in their 20s I was about 16 im 18 now} and we played every monday for about a year until one of them had to go to Iraq and one was getting married so the game broke up I really miss that group it was one of the best games i was ever in.

The expirance depends on your GM mostly to make a good setting and a welcome atmosphere to it and try not to make first time players feel lost  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:56 am
Most of what you get out of an RP session is not so much about the system as it is about the DM and your fellow players.

I don't like Wheel of Time D20 as a system or as a background world, but I played an evening's game of it and had fun.  

Shaviv

godhi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:38 am
Af Mas

My nickname for the system is BPSB, or "Big Price, Small Book."
As far as GURPS is concerned, the problem with any point-based system for character design is that certain species will be more expensive to build than others because of their inherent advantages. i.e. it will be more expensive to create a wolf than a mouse, as wolves have fangs, claws, exceptional scent and hearing, and thicker fur than in some game systems would count as armor while a mouse would have sharp teeth, exceptional hearing, a good sense of smell... and that's about it. So far the best game system I've found for roleplaying anthropomorphic characters is Ironclaw, which balances the natural instincts of the character as an animal versus their learned skills. Not only is it simple to play and learn, but it's one of the few game systems which actually emphasizes the "furriness" of the characters. Check it out!

Psycho Lee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:17 pm
I wouldn't be against the idea of doing a simple DnD type game in this guild, maybe in the RPG forum. Gaia has a rolling system that works good for this type of game. We could have a seperate thread for character sheets, and then one for the actual roleplay, and a good GM.

Rp doesn't have to be complex, stuff like this would work:

Player: Opens the creaky wooden door and looks in.

GM: You see a dark dank stairway going down. You cannot see the bottom. Cobwebs suspend from the ceiling. Do you proceed?  

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Night Scream

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:31 pm
That sound slike a good plan for a rp.

And the game setting or form also is very simple and easy to comprehend biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:40 pm
godhi
Af Mas

As far as GURPS is concerned, the problem with any point-based system for character design is that certain species will be more expensive to build than others because of their inherent advantages. i.e. it will be more expensive to create a wolf than a mouse, as wolves have fangs, claws, exceptional scent and hearing, and thicker fur than in some game systems would count as armor while a mouse would have sharp teeth, exceptional hearing, a good sense of smell... and that's about it. So far the best game system I've found for roleplaying anthropomorphic characters is Ironclaw, which balances the natural instincts of the character as an animal versus their learned skills. Not only is it simple to play and learn, but it's one of the few game systems which actually emphasizes the "furriness" of the characters. Check it out!
true but seince wolves have that advantage and the mice are noticebly weaker that is were you bring in class templates.  

tikiu1221

tikiu1221

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:44 pm
Psycho Lee
I wouldn't be against the idea of doing a simple DnD type game in this guild, maybe in the RPG forum. Gaia has a rolling system that works good for this type of game. We could have a seperate thread for character sheets, and then one for the actual roleplay, and a good GM.

Rp doesn't have to be complex, stuff like this would work:

Player: Opens the creaky wooden door and looks in.

GM: You see a dark dank stairway going down. You cannot see the bottom. Cobwebs suspend from the ceiling. Do you proceed?

yes but I am learning gurps D&D 3.5 I could play in my sleep I know every loophole for my favorate classes and how to handel them in almoast any battle situation and as a GM I have no mercy the monster use tatics the players will use such as bullrushing grappeling sundering and disarming if they are capable of doing this.

GURPS gives me more freedom to world build I will make race templates for people if people share the same race they will get the same template what I plan on doing is balanceing the templates in disatvanages and advantages so that they loose little to no points to their character to build their stats and their class stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:16 am
godhi
Af Mas

Ive heard of it I dont know how its system runs but If I could get the books I would but the other system I know of is RIFTS and its orginal system game that is called TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES AND OTHER STRANGENESS it has rules for playing mutated animals aka Furries of all shapes en sizes it works well with the traditonal rifts game  

tikiu1221

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:48 am
tikiu1221
Ive heard of it I dont know how its system runs but If I could get the books I would but the other system I know of is RIFTS and its orginal system game that is called TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES AND OTHER STRANGENESS it has rules for playing mutated animals aka Furries of all shapes en sizes it works well with the traditonal rifts game

Interesting thing about that. There was a nice little subset of that TMNT roleplay series called "After the Bomb", in which mutations had run rampant and where the world was now mainly inhabited by these large furry populations. It was readapted by the Rifts crew into a stand-alone game, and I believe several of the expansion sets cover area-specific animal species in areas like Europe, South America, and Australia. Sadly, the creator died not too long ago from a long bout with cancer, and that leaves many hard-core fans to fill in the blanks in the Asian and African subcontinents.

Check around the Palladium Books website. They're the folks who write Rifts.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:00 pm
RyanJakobi
tikiu1221

Interesting thing about that. There was a nice little subset of that TMNT roleplay series called "After the Bomb", in which mutations had run rampant and where the world was now mainly inhabited by these large furry populations. It was readapted by the Rifts crew into a stand-alone game, and I believe several of the expansion sets cover area-specific animal species in areas like Europe, South America, and Australia. Sadly, the creator died not too long ago from a long bout with cancer, and that leaves many hard-core fans to fill in the blanks in the Asian and African subcontinents.

Check around the Palladium Books website. They're the folks who write Rifts.

yeah the artist and writer of the original teenage mutant ninja turtles came from my town Westbrook Maine he is the editor and chief of heavy metal magazine one of the best adult fantasy art magazines of all time I have digital copies of all of their issues mostly  

tikiu1221

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:38 am
Yeah, funny thing about Laird and Eastman. Their interactions with Palladium and the TMNT roleplay game went over much better than their later interactions with the TMNT cartoon and movies. Heck, they even did some comics for the sourcebooks.

It's also kinda funny to compare the original comics with the much more sanitized cartoon editions.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff