Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]
[PRP] On The Borders (Umbia x Rukopa-Eupe)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Remove

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:52 am
Her cubs were getting so much older and he hadn't returned. He wasn't going to, it had dawned on her but she still held hope even if it was a small amount. Oh how she had adored him, well it was in the past she had to let go of it and sooner rather then later.

She had done this walk every day since the birth of her boys and now she did it more out of habit then hope she would see him walking towards her. She let out a soft sigh as again she reached the borders but instead of turning around like she normally did she laid down looking out and wondering where he was and what happened.

She would always be thankful for her boys, she adored them, she loved them but it wasn't the most perfect family she had imagined, like her parents. She had accepted it wouldn't happen now but still sometimes your cubhood dreams came back to haunt you. For now she would rest, dreaming of what life could have been even if it was feeble to do so.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:00 am
It hadn't been /that/ many days since the bright white lioness had met the female 'healer'. How strange that one could hide so many memories from the years passed, only for them to resurface with one single encounter. Ru growled to herself--- out of all the lions she had to meet that day, she met the one that would get to her the most. What was that female's name again....? Si...Citka? And didn't she mention the lands she was from in that long introduction? It started with a K, but Ruko didn't remember it entirely. She just hoped she wouldn't meet her again. It took so long to supress the memories, how long would it be to get them hidden away again?

As she walked, she noticed the group of trees in just the near distance. Shade... she murmured to herself, pivoting her direction towards the forest. She could rest a bit, clear her mind, and then be going once more. Where she was heading no one knew, not even herself.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Remove

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:13 am
Umbia had found the forests to be the perfect place to wait though of course they hadn't given her much luck but the provided shade and shadows for her to slink through, that and she could see as she saw the light female heading towards the forests. She didn't say anything until she saw the female getting loser and even then she wasn't sure whether she wanted to talk to anyone. However the lands though they were nice lions did belong to a pride and most rogues seemed to like being informed of this.

She stood up and walked out from under the trees allowing herself to be seen though she didn't say anything, she would wait for the female to get closer before introducing herself and explaining that these lands belonged to a pride.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:21 am
The last time Rukopa had come in contact with someone, they had approached her first. When she noticed a dark female with bright red markings just in the forest borders, she tilted her head. It was one thing for someone to approach her--it said a lot about the character. For example, when the other female had approached her a few days ago, she was cautious, yet curious. The bright female stood still gazing towards the other. Seeing as this one didn't approach could mean one of a few things. She was one- afraid to approach, or two- protecting a pride lands. Ru meant no harm for either option, so she continued onward, taking a side glance from both directions before focusing on the darker female.

She nodded her head towards the female in a friendly gesture. As long as she was not a healer, then Ru would have no qualms with her.

"Hello, I am Rukopa-eupe." She introduced.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Remove

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:20 am
Umbia watched the female as she approached, how she walked and how she held her body. She didn't see anything though that seemed threatening and so when the female spoke Umbia mirrored her, lowering her own head in greeting before saying hello.

"I am Umbia, huntress of the Kusuni'Mwezi." She spoke calmly and softly. She wasn't a guard and so she wasn't overly sure how one reacts to rogues on the borders but she wasn't about to send her off, after all she might want to join or something and Umbia could do with the distraction.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:16 pm
...Kusini'mwezi lands. That was what the female had spoke of a few days ago. The pride must have been a big one, as Ruko went from meeting just rogues, to a 'traveling' lioness from the pridelands, to actually getting to the pridelands itself. Just to be sure, the white female asked: "Do these lands hold a lot of members?" She just wanted an answer to satisfy the curiousity that was building up in her mind.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, though, Umbia. I don't mean to intrude on these lands," that was, she figured she was within the borders of the Kusini lands. "I just noticed the trees and figured it would be a good place to rest until the sun is not so high in the sky," she spoke truthfully.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Remove

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:59 am
Umbia nodded as the female spoke, she could easily see how the tree's would look inviting.

"No it's fine, by all means rest here and yes we have quite a few members though how many, I couldn't tell you." She smiled softly as she spoke and pondered her question. How many members were there? She hadn't a clue, she knew that some were breeding and others joined and left and so she was sure that the number of members must change frequently.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:36 am
Ru nodded. She took advantage of the other’s offer, moving into the shade to lie down. The ground was nice and soft under the trees, probably because the sun never reached the area she was lying down on. The sun usually caused the soil to crack, making it uncomfortable to lie upon.

Once comfortable on the ground, she turned towards the darker female. “Were you born in these lands?” She asked. If the pride held quite a few members, then it was possible that she would meet more that were born into the lands rather then entering them. This made her think for a moment.

Perhaps she should head back to her prideland. She wondered if other members had returned there.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Remove

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:02 am
Umbia watched the female get comfortable and then nodded her head.

"Yes I was born here with three other sisters, all of which seem to have left to see the world. I wonder why I don't sometimes." She knew why because he might come back but was that really a reason to stay anymore? It had been so long.

"Are you from a pride?" She always wondered how many lions out there really did belong to a pride but like her sisters had gone off exploring.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:06 am
The female nodded. "Sometimes it's hard to leave somewhere you've been for so long," she had offered when the other spoke of wondering why she hadn't left. "Especially if you were born here. I know of a few lions that would never leave their birth place by will." Force on the other hand...she knew a handful of those too.

"I was, many moons ago," she paused. "We were disbanding along time ago. I was just a child, you see when it happened, so I don't remember the real reasons. I am debating whether or not to journey back to the lands...Just to see if anyone had returned..."

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Remove

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:55 am
Umbia listened and nodded. "Maybe.." though that wasn't the reason. She wasn't overly attached to the pride but she had her cubs and she dreamed, wished and hoped that he would come back though she was starting to realise that he probably wasn't coming back now.

"Going back sounds like a good idea after all you won't know unless you go back and find out!" She smiled as she spoke wondering if the female would go back. She wasn't about to ask lots of questions though as the female had mentioned that she was a cub when she left.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:36 am
"That's true. Maybe I'm just afraid of what I will find once I go back." It was true. She could find the same pride she knew and loved (well, as much as she remembered from it anyways,) but then again, it could also be something that she could regret for just returning. Rukopa was in a dilemna. However, she knew wherever her heart led her was where she would end up. If by anychance she would go back to her old pride, then so be it.

"Have you ever traveled the lands?" Ru asked quietly, resting her head on her front paws that extended out from her body. She enjoyed the cool breeze that seemed to be flowing from the forest behind them.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Remove

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:29 am
"You should go back, if you find something you don't like you can leave again but otherwise you may regret never going back to find out." She spoke softly, wondering if thats slightly how she felt. Was she regretting her decision to stay here?

"No I haven't... i have stayed here my whole life and I have two sons that now tie me here." She spoke softly but rather emotionless, she was so mixed up about her feelings, she loved her boys but she wished as well they had never been born. She wished to leave to travel but felt bound here. It was all very confusing.

[IC] Kusini'Mwezi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games