Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Windows 7, Whose upgrading?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:55 pm
Came across this poll http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/index.html?poll=3563

Discuss! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:30 pm
I'm gonna upgrade my windows because Vista is crap. It's such a resource hog.

Edit: I'm stilling keep dual boot. Just using Windows for gaming.  

KRaZyAmmo

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:37 pm
KRaZyAmmo

Vista isn't that bad, and believe it or not the OS itself can help boost performance with ReadyBoost. The only hardware you would need is a dedicated video card. Other than that, Vista should run really fast.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:50 pm
i like Vista a lot, for everything i do, i have no problems, other then slow installation times.
considering i cant afford it, and my parents dont give a crap about this PC, nope, I wont be upgrading! XD  

Sir Johnny the 3rd

2,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:59 pm
Tron714
KRaZyAmmo

Vista isn't that bad, and believe it or not the OS itself can help boost performance with ReadyBoost. The only hardware you would need is a dedicated video card. Other than that, Vista should run really fast.

Yeah, if you've got 4 gigs of RAM it should run very nicely. The problem is that "vista approved" stickers were being slapped on machines with half a gig of RAM, or without dual core processing, and people's computers were suffering  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:42 pm
nitnit
Tron714
KRaZyAmmo

Yeah, if you've got 4 gigs of RAM it should run very nicely. The problem is that "vista approved" stickers were being slapped on machines with half a gig of RAM, or without dual core processing, and people's computers were suffering
I got both....but lately my 8600GT is not doing enough for me....So I'm looking to upgrade that.  

KRaZyAmmo

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:32 am
nitnit
Tron714
KRaZyAmmo

The reason for that is because people want to sell a PC and 512MB of RAM passes for Vista to install at a bare minimum. I like Vista and I have a system that has 4GB of RAM and with ReadyBoost I got another 4 GB of RAM. So I am happy.

Just for future reference. I have been brainwashed by Microsoft, during my training to be a MSTS and hopefully soon by the beginning of next year a MCSA, to defend Microsoft's product with my life.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games