Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
Nintendo President talks about E3 2009

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:02 am
Well I thought this was pretty funny when I read it. I also was surprised of the line up for the new Super Mario Bros. game. Here's the article.

G4TV

Nintendo's Satoru Iwata Knows The Company's E3 2009 Press Conference Sucked
By Raymond Padilla

Nintendo knows its E3 2009 press conference sucked (okay, I'm paraphrasing). In my E3 2009 press conference report card, I ranked it behind Microsoft and Sony. According to Nintendo Everything, Nintendo president and CEO Iwata has admitted to the company's press-conference shortcomings:

"As for the media briefing at E3, of course we had many internal discussions after that. Honestly speaking, none of us at Nintendo thought that our presentation at E3 was as good as it could have been. It is apparent that we could not fully convey the charm of our products. In the past, Wii Sports and Wii Fit were naturally able to convey their appeal on stage since it was something no one had ever seen or imagined before. People seemed to capture the appeal of Wii Sports instantly and although there was some initial confusion with Wii Fit, its appeal did get through to the audience afterwards.

This year, however, with the New Super Mario Bros. Wii, four people lined up with Wii Remotes was not a scene that no one had ever seen. Those who actually had the chance to play understood how the game would change with four people playing simultaneously, but we could not address that fun sentiment at the media briefing. Now we strongly feel that we need to look into finding a better way to demonstrate the products’ appeal better at E3 in these times where more people are watching it online via web cast not only in the U.S. but all around the world, than the number of audience who actually watch it in the theatre. In that sense, we learned many lessons from this year’s E3 show."

Essentially, Iwata said, "Yes, our presser sucked. With so many people watching on television and the Internet, we need to stop sucking."

What do you think of Iwata's criticism? If he on the mark? Is he being too hard on the company? Do you think the company will hold a better presser in 2010 than 2009? Share your thoughts, kind citizens of TheFeed.
Nintendo knows its E3 2009 press conference sucked (okay, I'm paraphrasing). In my E3 2009 press conference report card, I ranked it behind Microsoft and Sony. According to Nintendo Everything, Nintendo president and CEO Iwata has admitted to the company's press-conference shortcomings:

"As for the media briefing at E3, of course we had many internal discussions after that. Honestly speaking, none of us at Nintendo thought that our presentation at E3 was as good as it could have been. It is apparent that we could not fully convey the charm of our products. In the past, Wii Sports and Wii Fit were naturally able to convey their appeal on stage since it was something no one had ever seen or imagined before. People seemed to capture the appeal of Wii Sports instantly and although there was some initial confusion with Wii Fit, its appeal did get through to the audience afterwards.

This year, however, with the New Super Mario Bros. Wii, four people lined up with Wii Remotes was not a scene that no one had ever seen. Those who actually had the chance to play understood how the game would change with four people playing simultaneously, but we could not address that fun sentiment at the media briefing. Now we strongly feel that we need to look into finding a better way to demonstrate the products’ appeal better at E3 in these times where more people are watching it online via web cast not only in the U.S. but all around the world, than the number of audience who actually watch it in the theatre. In that sense, we learned many lessons from this year’s E3 show."

Essentially, Iwata said, "Yes, our presser sucked. With so many people watching on television and the Internet, we need to stop sucking."

What do you think of Iwata's criticism? If he on the mark? Is he being too hard on the company? Do you think the company will hold a better presser in 2010 than 2009? Share your thoughts, kind citizens of TheFeed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:32 pm
So....does Reggie whip his a** with a $100 dollar bill?  

KRaZyAmmo

Nintendo Gaming

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff