Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
What nindendo really needs to do! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What should Nintendo do?
  Port Mother 3
  Stop this "family friendly" crap
  Have more online play like the Conduit
  Make Kirby Wii
  Make Starfox Wii
  Make F-Zero Wii
  Make more rated "M" games
  All of the above
View Results

Puflwiz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:05 pm
1. Port mother 3
2. Stop this "family friendly" crap
3. Have more online play like the Conduit
4. Make Kirby Wii
5. Make Starfox Wii
6. Make F-Zero Wii
7. Make more rated "M" games  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:23 pm
8. Ease up on the heavy (think gigaton) "casual" marketing. Remember the hardcore consumers more.

I don't find the casual marketing idea a problem, just the execution of said idea.

((Note: exaggeration may be present.))  

Crimson Hagane

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Beta Explorer 0

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:21 pm
lol what are you guys smoking?

nintendo is completely dominating in terms of business, what they really need to do is tap into the "hardcore" gamers that the 360 grabs. Then they'd be even more dominant.

Seriously, just play the old nintendo games, and forget about it, nintendo is profit driven, and at this point in time the casual market heavily outweighs the "hardcore" market - and the only chance they have to tap into that market is next gen.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:04 pm
Puflwiz
1. Port mother 3

They should release all the 3 EarthBound/Mother games here as a trilogy on the DS ninja But hey,that's jut MY opinion  

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:13 am
I've never heard of Nindendo. But I think that they shouldn't try to join the hardcore crowd. They seem to be doing great at the moment. And it would just add another thing for fanboys to argue about. Nindendo is doing the right thing by not giving in to the fanbase. If they focus on the casual gamer, they can not worry about the console wars while they learn and make their games better.

Also, I don't know nothing. Waiting for nitnit to butcher my post and make me feel like an idiot.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:18 am
Michael RD
Puflwiz
1. Port mother 3

They should release all the 3 EarthBound/Mother games here as a trilogy on the DS ninja But hey,that's jut MY opinion

I agree. I don't know Lucas, but I'd like to. From what I gathered from Brawl I think I'd enjoy his adventure more than Ness's. If it's for the DS then a remake rather than a port, so long as whoever Nintendo lets handle that doesn't muck things up to badly.  

Felix Kristanelo

5,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200

Niaxus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:23 am
more blood less plumbers...all i have to say...(hi im new biggrin )  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:52 am
nitnit
lol what are you guys smoking?

nintendo is completely dominating in terms of business, what they really need to do is tap into the "hardcore" gamers that the 360 grabs. Then they'd be even more dominant.

Seriously, just play the old nintendo games, and forget about it, nintendo is profit driven, and at this point in time the casual market heavily outweighs the "hardcore" market - and the only chance they have to tap into that market is next gen.

We know nintendo is doing the best now but no one likes them anymore  

Puflwiz

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:58 am
I understand what you're saying, I guess the real point I was trying to make is that it's a bit too late for Nintendo to try to get "hardcore" gamers to buy their system.

You have to understand video gaming from the perspective of the average American. News stations are constantly putting out reports about how kids are addicted to them and are suffering (it's really just escapism but that's a different topic) - and to the completely average joe, "Gamer" is pretty much a derogatory term. As for the parents who aren't so much afraid of their kids being addicted, they see an equal number of reports about how there is too much sex and violence in video games, and how it's causing kids to be violent (more BS, but again, that's a different topic)

Nintendo realized that these people are seeing all of this stuff, and noticed that they actually have the most money. By presenting this image of the Wii as something everyone can have fun at a party with, as an exercise machine for parents afraid their kids aren't getting enough (lol), and as an extremely family friendly system, they got the full attention of the average american, no one who wasn't "hardcore" could really complain about it.

Fast forward to now. Everyone who plays "real" modern games plays them on the PC, the 360, the DS, or the PS3. Most of us avoided a Wii (unfortunately not me lololol), and after seeing the relatively lackluster lineup, it'd make little sense for us to pick one up. Nintendo realizes this I'm sure, and the failure that was The Conduit (extremely heavy marketing as the Wii's first real FPS, very average sales) has shown them that if they want to tap into the market that Microsoft is catering to, they need to wait until next gen.

On the flipside however, Microsoft is trying very damn hard to get "casuals" to play their system - the new XBL experience, all the media stuff, "family game night" crap, 1 vs 100, this is all stuff that we might enjoy to some extent, but it's really meant to show the Xbox as a family friendly experience, and not just the system for "hardcore" gamers.

Whew that was long. lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:47 am
See i own a Wii for the very little good games they have. But once they comm out with a good game (MADWORLD, Tw, Prime 3, NMH, SmG) Its AMAZING!! Unfortunately for Nintendo They marketed so much to the casual market that Every "M" game For the Wii creates a HUGE problem with all those soccer moms

Do you see what im saying?  

Puflwiz

Puflwiz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:49 am
nitnit
I understand what you're saying, I guess the real point I was trying to make is that it's a bit too late for Nintendo to try to get "hardcore" gamers to buy their system.

You have to understand video gaming from the perspective of the average American. News stations are constantly putting out reports about how kids are addicted to them and are suffering (it's really just escapism but that's a different topic) - and to the completely average joe, "Gamer" is pretty much a derogatory term. As for the parents who aren't so much afraid of their kids being addicted, they see an equal number of reports about how there is too much sex and violence in video games, and how it's causing kids to be violent (more BS, but again, that's a different topic)

Nintendo realized that these people are seeing all of this stuff, and noticed that they actually have the most money. By presenting this image of the Wii as something everyone can have fun at a party with, as an exercise machine for parents afraid their kids aren't getting enough (lol), and as an extremely family friendly system, they got the full attention of the average american, no one who wasn't "hardcore" could really complain about it.

Fast forward to now. Everyone who plays "real" modern games plays them on the PC, the 360, the DS, or the PS3. Most of us avoided a Wii (unfortunately not me lololol), and after seeing the relatively lackluster lineup, it'd make little sense for us to pick one up. Nintendo realizes this I'm sure, and the failure that was The Conduit (extremely heavy marketing as the Wii's first real FPS, very average sales) has shown them that if they want to tap into the market that Microsoft is catering to, they need to wait until next gen.

On the flipside however, Microsoft is trying very damn hard to get "casuals" to play their system - the new XBL experience, all the media stuff, "family game night" crap, 1 vs 100, this is all stuff that we might enjoy to some extent, but it's really meant to show the Xbox as a family friendly experience, and not just the system for "hardcore" gamers.

Whew that was long. lol.

You forgot sony biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:48 pm
9. MAKE ALL CHARGES ONE SIZE FITS ALL  

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:09 am
Puflwiz
nitnit

Whew that was long. lol.

You forgot sony biggrin

who cares about sony? they messed up so badly this generation that they went from the clear cut winners last gen to losing money per system sold, and being dead last in the sales race.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:24 am
nitnit
Puflwiz
nitnit

Whew that was long. lol.

You forgot sony biggrin

who cares about sony? they messed up so badly this generation that they went from the clear cut winners last gen to losing money per system sold, and being dead last in the sales race.

Who cares about sony? I care! Sure sony did bad their first few years this generation but look at them now. More games more exclusives and It's only taking 2 years to make a game for it. Microsoft on the other hand did not do a good job although they were able to get the 360 sold at the amount they did, many of them broke down. Mine broke down so I sold mine for a wii. Besides, Sony is only last in America. In japan they are in second place and 360 is last.  

Joker Abron

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:08 am
They either need to make more players able to play online like the Conduit or fix the online play so that it isn't so laggy.  
Nintendo Gaming

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff