Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Healthcare Bill Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Latopazora

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:26 pm
here's the link to the health care bill.
Yes, I do intend on reading... crying 1018 pages... good gods. But I really want to see what's in this bill and what I'm going to get if it passes.
If you guys already read it, kudos to you. If you haven't, well here it is.

I think congress should pass a bill stating that bills cannot be more than 10 pages long.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:07 pm
I hope you're good at reading legalese, because most of the nefarious machinations are incoherently worded. The real deal-killer on this thing for me is the individual mandate. That is going to cause no end of troubles for people.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Latopazora

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:07 am
Lord Bitememan
I hope you're good at reading legalese, because most of the nefarious machinations are incoherently worded.

its worth a shot...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:06 am
Latopazora
here's the link to the health care bill.
Yes, I do intend on reading... crying 1018 pages... good gods. But I really want to see what's in this bill and what I'm going to get if it passes.
If you guys already read it, kudos to you. If you haven't, well here it is.

I think congress should pass a bill stating that bills cannot be more than 10 pages long.

Thank you Latopazora, I was thinking about checking it out. I'm not sure if I will read all of it either but, I will read at least some of it. Bills should be a lot shorter and seperated into more bills if needed. This way they can stop using excuses that they don't have time to read them.  

Pumona

Pumona

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:02 pm
Did everyone see now, they may drop the plan to give consumers the option of government-run health insurance. The White House would instead be open to insurance co-ops. This sounds a little better but, I'm curious what others think.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:10 pm
If you're going to drop the public option, you'd better drop the individual mandate. If everyone is required to buy insurance, and there isn't an honest broker in the market to check price gouging. . . if you ran a business, and government passed a law saying everyone had to buy the product you sell, wouldn't you jack up prices?  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:20 pm
From what I read on Wii News last night, Obama is giving up on a "Government Insurance" option... he said it wasn't one of his promises, but what he hoped to do, now they're looking into a bipartisan effort on co-ops.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:53 pm
This thing is now a perfect storm, and we're headed for a disaster. Mark me, in 10 years time they'll be scrapping this policy as one of America's great failures.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:55 pm
I hope they'll give it two... I'm only a college student for four more years... there's only so much policy on mom's healthcare I can take XD  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:50 pm
Pumona
Did everyone see now, they may drop the plan to give consumers the option of government-run health insurance. The White House would instead be open to insurance co-ops. This sounds a little better but, I'm curious what others think.

its just the samething with another name. Government, co-op its still going to do damage to the economy and health care.  

Latopazora

Pumona

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:50 am
New thing I heard on Fox last night is there thinking of dividing the bill into two bills just to make it easier to pass.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:24 pm
This is a bad bill, it would eventually start funding abortions, and it helps give healthcare even to those who don't deserve it.  

Magus Kathrine

Sweet The_Fallen

Greedy Lover

5,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:42 pm
it's probably just the first few pages that are serious, and the rest are gibberish or comics that nobody will get to read cause they're expected to stop reading after the second page.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:37 pm
Quote:
and it helps give healthcare even to those who don't deserve it.

Now, wait a second. Who doesn't deserve it? The last I checked, as a Christian you are called upon not to make assessments of people in this fashion, but rather to help those less fortunate than yourself.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Pumona

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:28 am
Lord Bitememan
Quote:
and it helps give healthcare even to those who don't deserve it.

Now, wait a second. Who doesn't deserve it? The last I checked, as a Christian you are called upon not to make assessments of people in this fashion, but rather to help those less fortunate than yourself.

What she is trying to say is: Healthcare is available to anyone that works. If someone is to lazy to work (there out there) then no they do not deserve for us to pay for their Healthcare. Another situation: If you can not afford Healthcare you might want to go over your budgets a little more. Yes it would be great if we could help less fortunate people but, unfortunatly onless we have a lot of extra money then we should go out of your way to give it to them directly or to a charity. Us taxpayers should not have to pay out of our pocket for these people when we can not afford it. I hope I summed that up well enough.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff