Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
The ramifications of rock in the ground.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:10 pm
Many of you believe that certain rocks contain certain properties. It's mostly shiny rocks (oh, but of course), but occasionally someone will claim that a rock with a lower refractory index has special properties, too.

Where I live, the ground is full of rhyolite, a type of volcanic rock. Now then, some people do claim that rhyolite has special properties. (Usually, however, they're selling Brazillian rhyolite, which is somewhat more colorful than the type I have.)

This page, this page, and this page all have something to say on rhyolite.

With that in mind, what do those of you who believe in the metaphysical properties of rocks suppose that the presence of so much rhyolite can or should do?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:38 am
At least in this case the properties seem fairly harmless, and could actually be beneficial. However, it's ability to promote "change"/"progress", could be a bit worrisome, especially if it is always subtly pushing you to make changes, or to progress (and you are happy with the way things are). Also, having a constantly stimulated sense of creativity could be a bit madding, if one didn't have an outlet for it.  

ncsweet
Crew

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:25 am
Oddly enough, "change and progress" isn't something I'd say particularly affects my life.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:34 am
Maybe there are other things that are acting as shields, or counter-acting that particular energy.  

ncsweet
Crew

*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces