Welcome to Gaia! ::

Random Gaian Charity: Hiatus =(

Back to Guilds

A really awesome chairty that helps people questing. 

Tags: Charity 

Reply Media & Literature
Twilight Books&Movie Discussion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aerobe
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:40 am
Twilight! The love to hate series.

Do you like the books?
Favorite book?
Favorite scene?
Who is your favorite character?
Did you watch the movie?
What did you think about it?
Are you going to watch the second one?
Have you bought any Twilight things? (Books, movies, posters, shirts, et cetera)

And to get this thread started as well I will answer all my questions. =) Feel free to ask others.

Please keep in mind that everyone has their own opinions. If any hate opinions get too out of hand (that means turns away from the books/movie and towards the one liking them) I will issue warnings.

I thought the books were okay. Not good but not bad either. I don't have a favorite book when it comes to Twilight. None of them really stood out to me and make me go "OH I LOVE THIS ONE." I think my favorite scene is when Bella goes cliff diving. I don't have a favorite character. None of them were really amazing to me. I did watch the movie the night it came out. I didn't like it at all. I bitched about it a lot. Many things were just not right to me. I will be watching the second one just so I can pick on it. Who knows, I may end up liking that movie. I have not bought ANYTHING Twilight wise. I probably never will. Any time I feel like re-reading the books I check them out at my library. I don't feel they are good enough to go on my shelf with my other books.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:38 am
LOL My answers are more less the same as yours, except I didn't see the movie. Favorite scene...meh, I think the drawing of the battle lines in the last book. And I too will not pay for anything from the series. Including the books, since I got them for my birthday. From my grandmother. >.>  

Immortal Nobody
Vice Captain

Deschaine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:24 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Questing Ain't What it Used to Be...

My favourite scene comes from the first book. When Bella (Wow I actually had to think of what her name was) first goes to Edwards house and he shows her his room. The part where she is all like "I'm not afraid of you" and he pounces on her. I am annoyed it wasn't in the movie cause I thought it was cute.
From the movie the baseball scene is my favourite, just because I really got the whole these are graceful and perfect vampires.
Favourite character is Alice, she is just so cute and lovely.
I also refuse to but any of its crap, the amount of money Meyer must have made off a sparkly vampire is insane. However I made my sister buy me the DVD of the movie for my birthday. XD It wasn't my money!
It is definitely not a series that I will encourage my kids to read and I tell my friends to read it if they want a laugh. I think I enjoyed them so much because I went in laughing at them, not being to serious at all.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
...Care to Help a Girl Out?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:32 am
i just have seen the first movie and i loved it!!!

i also bought the book and i will read it!!!! then i will buy the second book but i am sure i will see the second movie first!

here in austria all things come a little later out so the second part for me will be able to look in cinema on the 25th november

but the first part movie was cool i loved the thing beween edward and bella! maybe they missed a little the action part were the one vampire wanted to bite bella (ok he did in the end) but fact this wasnt really actionfull and very fast over they may had to put some more effect in this!

so i am really looking forward to the book and i hope it will be more ^^~~  

bunnylein

Dangerous Hunter

9,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Razzly Star

Wheezing Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:11 pm
I read the first 3 books back in 07 and couldn't get enough of them... I probably read them 4 times and was super excited for Breaking Dawn, which I devoured in one day really, and hated, and it made me reflect on the rest of the series and I honestly think they're rather dumb and not the most creative, also I dislike girls thinking they need a boy in order to live their life.

My favorite character was Edward until book 4 and then I just wanted him to die, I wanted Bella to die anyway (I hate her with a fiery passion, and have since New Moon).

New Moon is probably my favorite book, though nothing sticks out as to why xd .

Yes I watched the movie, opening night, at midnight, and honestly I LOVE it, Kristen Stewart didn't make Bella as whiny which is probably the main reason why, and it was cool because I could laugh at all the stupid stuff in it. I probably won't see New Moon until it's been out for a while, there's just too much annoying stuff going on, it's not that fantastic of a series, people need to get over themselves.

I purchased Breaking Dawn and the Twilight Movie, I also offered to buy my sister a poster, but she decided she wanted a calendar instead... Which we couldn't find in March D:  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:36 am
Ok so i have seen New Moon now too and i am reading the book and i love it more and more i am in such a twilight hype now its like O.O wow i so love the story! i think they could have made an 3 hour movie from each part like lord of the rings! so they could have done more from the book!  

bunnylein

Dangerous Hunter

9,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Waterkin

Friendly Genius

4,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:32 am
Do you like the books? Absolutely!
Favorite book? Breaking Dawn
Favorite scene? Hmmm. Can't decide.
Who is your favorite character? JACOB! heart
Did you watch the movie? yes.
What did you think about it? Sigh, what a butchering job they did.
Are you going to watch the second one? Yes! Taylor Lautner is HOT!
Have you bought any Twilight things? All the books I own, as well as a Team Jacob waterbottle.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:53 am
[ Feels good just to walk ]

I thoguht the books were alright. As a bit of a mindless read I enjoyed them, but they have gotten so overhyped that it drives me insane. There are so many better books that are hardly even known.
I thoguht Jacob was the best character, and throughout I hated Edward with a passion so it really didn't make any sense to me why Bella chose him.

I didn't watch the movies, nor do I intend to ever watch the movies, mainly because from the trailers the acting looks set to make it intolerable

[ These streets of nowhere ]

jesse quick

Swashbuckling Gekko

9,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Olympian 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Kaoru Asano

Romantic Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:28 pm
1. Yes =)
2. Hmm...depends on what mood I'm in xD. But least favorite is New Moon, it was a bit slow and drawn out for me. The rest of them I like pretty equally. It really bugs me how so many people feel the need to take a stance for or against the series -_- It's not like it's a piece of classic literature, it's just teen fiction like anything else lol. But as far as teen fiction goes, I liked the series overall =) I've read better series, but I've read much worse lol.
3. Oh goodness...no idea xD
4. Let's see...well, I would have to say Edward. It's the hopeless romantic in me, what can I say lol. Bella was okay, kind of whiny sometimes. Jacob irritated the heck out of me the entire series lol. The rest of the characters didn't really make enough impact for me to say they're my favorite lol xD.
5. Yes, all of them xD There were things changed around in Twilight that I didn't like, but it was alright. New Moon was better, I loved seeing Italy. Eclipse has been my favorite movie so far. As for Breaking Dawn...I honestly don't see how there's enough plot to have 2 movies -_- but whatever lol xD
6. Whoops, I answered this above xD
7. I did, yesh.
8. Nope, just the books and movies (do they count?).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:03 pm
Do you like the books? Yes I do
Favorite book? Breaking Dawn
Favorite scene? When Rosalie took a bowl with food in it and made it into a doggie dish and wrote the words "Fido" on it. Then she handed it to Jacob. XD
Who is your favorite character? Emmett
Did you watch the movie? Yes
What did you think about it? I hated it. They screwed everything up. And Kristen is pretty but she couldn't act. The second one was ok and the third was better. I actually can't wait to see what they will do to the fourth.
Have you bought any Twilight things? lol only the books. Anything else is a waste of money.  

Takeva
Crew

Fashionable Zealot

22,125 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cash Grabber 500
Media & Literature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers