Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
What would you call a fur.... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you prefer to use a different gender?
  TOTALLY
  Naw
View Results

Tartii

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:10 pm
That was female in real life but would rather portray herself as a male in the furry fandom?

I've been confused about this...I mean, yes, I do have a female fursona. A florida panther. But I much rather use my male.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:16 pm
Some do it because they're transgender, some do it just because they may prefer the other gender's form. Who can say?

I have a female fursona because of old TG issues that I had, but she means a lot to me either way, so I like to keep her.

Though it's not surprising to find guys playing as girls >.> I think it's actually REALLY common, to the point that some girls I talk to I expect to be guys in real life, and I'm quite often right.

I don't really care either way. Gotta do what makes you feel better, right.

But to answer your question, I don't know what to call them. Crossplaying maybe?  

Af Mas

Tartii

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:37 pm
Af Mas
Some do it because they're transgender, some do it just because they may prefer the other gender's form. Who can say?

I have a female fursona because of old TG issues that I had, but she means a lot to me either way, so I like to keep her.

Though it's not surprising to find guys playing as girls >.> I think it's actually REALLY common, to the point that some girls I talk to I expect to be guys in real life, and I'm quite often right.

I don't really care either way. Gotta do what makes you feel better, right.

But to answer your question, I don't know what to call them. Crossplaying maybe?

Cross playing...hnn. That does sound about right.

I myself don't have any TG issues, I'm full blown dickless. But hell, I like being male? DX  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:39 pm
I guess it depends why the person is portraying themselves as a different sex then themselves. It could be just for fun, to have a pseudo experience of seeing what it's like to be treated as a different sex (because of portrayals in society your sex and gender can affect how you're treated by others), or it could be something more complex as a trans person just portraying themselves as how he/she feels they should be.

In general, honestly I wouldn't worry what you'd call yourself. Just call yourself you and have fun.

Edit: Also your poll didn't have a 'no preference' option or I would have chosen that. Because it doesn't matter much to me XD  

Pom Graines

Familiar Citizen

Shugo the Fox

Witty Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

To be honest, recently I created a female-form to my fursona even though I'm male.

I guess I'm just curious about the being the opposite sex, and I think it's something a lot of furs think about, mostly out of curiosity.

To be honest, I find females to be praise-worthy creatures, and I'm constantly in awe of their beauty and their cunning minds.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:14 pm
I'd call her female, and her male fursona male. I know a lot of people who are content with their sex/gender and still have alternate identities online. And a lot of artists/writers who have created characters all across the spectrum.  

Cassidy Peterson

Garbage

shishigashira

Gallant Knight

10,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:16 pm
O_o  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:54 am
I thought this was a joke about what you called a shaved furry and I'd say "a separatist" and there'd be this big 80s style laugh-track.  

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:18 pm
I am curious if you like being a woman, or maybe just have this dislike or disgust or hatred or any kind of negativity towards your femininity or femaleness.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:52 pm
I dunno, Lee, I like being a man yet I often run a female character. And to keep her believable (and she is, I have fooled people who really ought to have known better), she has normal every-day concerns and isn't physically exceptional.

Part of it, well, it's amazing how much more attention you get in a male-dominated fandom with a female character than you do with a male character, you know? Part of it is just that it's fun to work on creating the character with her own identity, although you have to ride the edge on this because you don't want anyone to fall in love with your characters as real people.  

Shaviv

shishigashira

Gallant Knight

10,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:31 pm
Shaviv
I dunno, Lee, I like being a man yet I often run a female character. And to keep her believable (and she is, I have fooled people who really ought to have known better), she has normal every-day concerns and isn't physically exceptional.

Part of it, well, it's amazing how much more attention you get in a male-dominated fandom with a female character than you do with a male character, you know? Part of it is just that it's fun to work on creating the character with her own identity, although you have to ride the edge on this because you don't want anyone to fall in love with your characters as real people.

>< thats a bit creepy  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:32 pm
That is the aspect I hate the most of the furry fandom.

Where'd I leave my keys...?

[-Erik-]

Durem Citizen

7,700 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

shishigashira

Gallant Knight

10,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:48 pm
[-Erik-]
That is the aspect I hate the most of the furry fandom.

Where'd I leave my keys...?

what do you hate the most?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:26 am
I'm thinking the transgender thing.

I mean, I myself have preferred to play male characters in all of the furry stuff I dabbled with. Less headaches and confusion after all. Course, many others have characters that are female, which I have nothing against. I mean, females are nicer to look at after all, right?  

RyanJakobi

Aged Humorist

23,925 Points
  • NPCon Attendee 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Psycho Lee

Shameless Lunatic

7,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:39 am
Shav: I have female characters occasionally, but I prefer to be male and have male fursonas.

She very much prefurs ( xp ) to have a male fursona. So I'm curious if there's something about her own female-ness that bugs her or she doesn't like that much.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff