Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Do you believe in soulmates? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you believe in soulmates?
Yes
72%
 72%  [ 34 ]
No
12%
 12%  [ 6 ]
Maybe/ I don't know
14%
 14%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 47

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:28 am
Ok, the only reason I'm asking this is that, from all the witches/pagans I've talked to in person or read about, none of them believe in soulmates.
I just.... I don't know, I stongly believe that soulmates exist. Maybe people have only one, or more than that, but I think everyone has someone out there for them. But seeing as evryone has an opinion, I'd like to here yours.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:03 am
I don't. I find the concept to be another form of selection bias.  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:09 am
With my beliefs, I find it hard to believe that a soul could have a "mate".
But I do believe they can end up pairing together or something and meeting in each life, but not that they were made together, or even to be together.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:12 am
really? well, im just after opinions here.
i apreciate the post guys smile  

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

RubyLight

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:08 am
While it is a lovely idea, I have a difficult time accepting it. Then again, think of how often the term is used and the variety of situations it may describe. The majority of uses of such a term undermine it's concept and meaning. I couldn't even count how many "soulmates" broke up or devorced. rolleyes Honestly, I wish I could believe that people were destined, however the reality makes it appear impossible in my oppinion.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:22 am
I believe in soulmates, I can't quite explain why, but I do.  

Katsumi Aki

koolaid117

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:11 am
my oracle once told me my soul mate was in pain and there a girl i believe is her and she was in pain at the time. do i believe? yes i do i beleive everyone who comes to earth has a mate someone just like them and they would appear almost like twins in the sence of personality and the only differences between the two they would be opposite and balance each other out perfectly. i have attempted to close my heart to her but it appears to be opening again to her, and i think it may have some meaning cuase i love her and i want to see her smile and after i met her i stopped lieing to everyone i used to be a rabitual lier but i cant anymore im not afriad of what others think anymore  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:35 am
I believe in Soul mates I don't know why I just do...  

Musical_Vampire_Socks

27,300 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Converting 100 items 100

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:55 am
I've never believed in them. I can't offer too much of an explanation as to why I think it. But then, what does one mean by soulmate? It is someone you're supoosed to spend your life with forever? Or is it someone who will be with you when possible, who can understand you completely, like a friend?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:04 pm
kage no neko
With my beliefs, I find it hard to believe that a soul could have a "mate".
But I do believe they can end up pairing together or something and meeting in each life, but not that they were made together, or even to be together.

I have to say you took the words right out of my mouth.

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

raging-earth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:18 pm
I believe that there are lifemates and then there are soulmates. Soulmates follow you from one life to another, sometimes you find them and sometimes you don't. A lifemate is just for one, singular life and they sometimes exist, sometimes don't.

I don't believe the notion that there is someone out there for everyone, in every single life. Some people are meant to be single their entire life.

I do believe in the concept of "twin flames" or soul twins or whatever you want to call it. Basically two souls that are nearly always connected in some way in every life. My best friend and her twin brother are like that. It's hard to explain and I don't really understand it, but seeing them together and seeing the stuff they can do together kind of solidifies the idea that some twins are two parts of a whole. To me, that is what a real soulmate is and not the silly romantic idea that modern society has turned it into. A companion that was made to fit with your soul, and therefore always have a connection with you, doesn't always have to be a lover.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:00 am
Hm...I believe there are many people who fit the puzzle perfectly, but that is neither here nor there, now is it?
On the topic of soulmates, it's really something used quite frequently, and like the term hate, it's just not meaningful anymore.
My view on soulmate is simply one who completes you. The theory that you have only one soul that completes you out there is simply stupid, compared to how many people have found their soul mates.
If I did have a soul mate, she'd probably speak some foreign language in some communist country. Simply saying the chance of finding your "one true soul mate" is rather silly.
Soul mate is a word that has been tarnished by B grade romantic comedy movies watched repeatedly by teen girls at slumber parties.

Also, everyone changes. Hell, you may meet your soul mate whenyou're, like, 5 years old and have no damn clue. Will you be the same person when you're 40? I certainly hope not. People change, so each stage of your life you may have a different soul mate, unless you grow with them. Thus the reason for many divorces.

Truly is a touchy, confusing topic.  

SADERR

Opaque_Dreams

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:37 pm
i believe that there are such things as soul mates, but it's extremely complicated. you soul can somtimes split off or you can have soul sisters/brothers. i believe in soul mates i believe that everyone has one. but just because you have one doesn't mean that you'll find them, be with them, or even know who it is. you get lucky sometimes, but other times you just gotta move along with the hand your dealt. again complicated... lol  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:26 am
Ok, some of u guys are misunderstanding. when i say 'soulmate' i mean 'mate of the soul'. it dosent have to be a ROMANTIC mate. maybe its a friend ar sibling, or even a pet. just...a soulmate.
does that make sense?  

Venra Axel Prey

Wealthy Werewolf

RubyLight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:43 pm
EbonyxXxDiamond
Ok, some of u guys are misunderstanding. when i say 'soulmate' i mean 'mate of the soul'. it dosent have to be a ROMANTIC mate. maybe its a friend ar sibling, or even a pet. just...a soulmate.
does that make sense?

Thank you for clearing that up.

I believe that all humankind was created from a single soul. However, I don't think any souls are "mated."  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games