Welcome to Gaia! ::

Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Back to Guilds

"Helping" Final Fantasy fans with their addictions since 2004. 

Tags: Final Fantasy, RPGs, Square Enix 

Reply Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild
you know you play too much FF when you... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ragnorok Angel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:19 pm
you know you play ff too much when every other thought in your head is about Bahamut or any other character/monster/summon/etc.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Lwantssugark
Roxastekauchiha
wsssixteen
You know it when you name your cat Roxas-wait sorry

you know it when you name your cat Cloud~

lol my face book pic is cloud lol guilty lol

I think my friend named her cat Tidus... and well we all root for the FF chars in Dead Fantasy mainly b/c we all know theyre supposed to win...

My dog is named Tidus (mainly his fur color looked like his) and everyone agreed. Though Mom likes to bug me and say (tee-dus) from time to time. Drives me nuts!

Theres another one! "When you adamantly argue over the correct pronunciation of a character (or summon) in the game.

I only learned how to correctly say ifrit because of the airship on XII when Balthier says it.  

colorfulCheshire

Rainbow Phantom

10,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Champion 300

Colonel Kerr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:29 am
Hikari Bunni Tenshi
Lwantssugark
Roxastekauchiha
wsssixteen
You know it when you name your cat Roxas-wait sorry

you know it when you name your cat Cloud~

lol my face book pic is cloud lol guilty lol

I think my friend named her cat Tidus... and well we all root for the FF chars in Dead Fantasy mainly b/c we all know theyre supposed to win...

My dog is named Tidus (mainly his fur color looked like his) and everyone agreed. Though Mom likes to bug me and say (tee-dus) from time to time. Drives me nuts!

Theres another one! "When you adamantly argue over the correct pronunciation of a character (or summon) in the game.

I only learned how to correctly say ifrit because of the airship on XII when Balthier says it.
I in no way believe Balthier I mean yeah its said in final fantasy but its not spelled efreet.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:01 am
Cloud Strife SOLDIER 1st
Hikari Bunni Tenshi

I in no way believe Balthier I mean yeah its said in final fantasy but its not spelled efreet.

Ohhh, jeez. Some names I've been going crazy over for ages. It doesn't help that when I first started playing VII and VIII, my brother had already played VII, so he was pronouncing them wrong and got me into the habit of it too. However you pronounced Ifrit, guys, I bet it wasn't as bad as "Ai-RIFT." He also got me saying "Red VIII" and "LEV-a-thon."

Bahamut... I'd been saying "Bu-HA-mit" for ages, and then something, I think it was the documentary thing in XII, said "BA-ha-moot," so I started to say that... and then I just recently heard Fang say "Bu-HA-mit" again. xd So I'm sticking with that now.

Also from XIII... it's "gu-ZAHL" greens?! I'd been saying "GAI-shul." stare  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Lore_Maester

3,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:20 am
Omigosh I've had so many funny moments with pronounciation. I always called Leviathian "Le-va-thi-an" instead of "Le-vi-a-thon" (and I actually learned that from my AP composition class reading Moby d**k aloud). I am also guilty of "Ih-frit" instead of "E-freet", "Ba-HA-muut" instead of "Bu-HA-mit", "Zi-DANE" (as in Great Dane) instead of "Zi-dahn", and of course the famous "Ty-dus" instead of "Tee-dus" (in which Dissidia set me straight...how do you pronounce Dissidia anyways? "Dis-cid-ia" or "Dis-a-dia"?'). I believe we should have a pronounciation thread and see what people come up with. Hilarity may ensue.

Anyways...
You know you play to much Final Fantasy when you look out your window on the drive home, see a ridge of dark clouds on one side of the sky and beautiful white clouds with little streams of blue showing through on the other, and immediatly think that Chaos and Cosmos are at it again. This seriously happened the other day while I was listening to the beautiful opening piece from Dissidia on the way home.
Oh and when you realize that yelling "Owie" at the screen does not get you healed faster...neither does yelling obscenities.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:04 pm
When you try to imagine what would happen if KH characters met their Final Fantasy equivalents (guilty, but it could work if someone wants to write a fanfic (just try to imagine the look on Cloud's face when he sees people who look like his friends, and a living Aerith)

Cloud (7): Wha! Who are you imposters!

Cloud (KH): I'm cloud and that's...

Cloud (7): No I'm Cloud!

Aerith (KH): Leon, this is just too funny

Cloud (7): Leon, who's le... HOLY s**t! Aerith's alive! eek

Aerith (KH): I'm supposed to be dead?  

Arcosi Knight

Girl-Crazy Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100

FebruaryLiege

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:33 pm
When you go on a PS1 Summer Gaming Binge biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:19 pm
Arcosi Knight
When you try to imagine what would happen if KH characters met their Final Fantasy equivalents (guilty, but it could work if someone wants to write a fanfic (just try to imagine the look on Cloud's face when he sees people who look like his friends, and a living Aerith)

Cloud (7): Wha! Who are you imposters!

Cloud (KH): I'm cloud and that's...

Cloud (7): No I'm Cloud!

Aerith (KH): Leon, this is just too funny

Cloud (7): Leon, who's le... HOLY s**t! Aerith's alive! eek

Aerith (KH): I'm supposed to be dead?

Oooh, I love that kind of stuff. xd And if the people they are at the beginning of the game met the person they are at the end of the game... If someone who dies in the middle could see watch what's going on it the rest... all that weird hypothetical crap.  

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

Crazy_Little_Red_Head102

2,350 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:44 pm
You know you've played final fantasy too much when you begin thinking that you're fighting a wyvern.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:16 am
You know I play too much FF because:

- I pre-title many of my actions using existing attacks and abilities from FF.... manipulate never seems to work... neither does steal.
- When I light the grill at work I recite the cast chant from FFT for the fire spell.
- I once asked a catholic priest if he was "high enough level to cast the spell: Holy". He said "We don't believe magic exists." After he walked away I turned to my friend and said "How sad, if only I had the abilities to raise his faith stat."
- I refer to my mother's zodiac as Serpentarius. (Because it is)
- I don't call lighthouses 'lighthouses'. I call them Pharos.
- I named my pet turtle Genbu, and my cat Byakko.
- I collect shiny or slightly transparent rocks calling them materia, though I restrict them tp colors of normal materia.
- If asked my job title I usually reply with either Paladin or Sentinel.

((really sad thing is that these are ALL true))

For the record Square has a history of butchering pronunciation of names and titles. Example: Marquis. In FFXII they pronounce it, "Mar-kwiss" in reality the actual word is pronounced "Mar-kee" The s being silent and the Q acting like a k just like in the word bouquet. If anything they say sounds over pronounced I tend to ignore it.
Tidus= "Tie-duh-s"
Ifrit = "If-er-it" (Usually said faster so it sounds like "If-rit"
Bahamut = "Bah-hah-mitt(sometimes mutt)"
Leviathan = "Le-vie-ath-in" (another actual word that I thought was common sense that I've heard mispronunciations of)
Zidane = Zi-day-n" (like how you say the actual name)
Ivalice = "I-vuh-liss" (becauze "Eevuhleece aliance" just sounds retarded.)

I'm waiting for Cid to be said "seed" since every 'I' they put in a name has so far been pronounced as an 'E'. When it does all I'll do is laugh.  

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Ravenwolf
Captain

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:03 pm
Maluc_Fieri
For the record Square has a history of butchering pronunciation of names and titles. Example: Marquis. In FFXII they pronounce it, "Mar-kwiss" in reality the actual word is pronounced "Mar-kee" The s being silent and the Q acting like a k just like in the word bouquet. If anything they say sounds over pronounced I tend to ignore it.
Tidus= "Tie-duh-s"
Ifrit = "If-er-it" (Usually said faster so it sounds like "If-rit"
Bahamut = "Bah-hah-mitt(sometimes mutt)"
Leviathan = "Le-vie-ath-in" (another actual word that I thought was common sense that I've heard mispronunciations of)
Zidane = Zi-day-n" (like how you say the actual name)
Ivalice = "I-vuh-liss" (becauze "Eevuhleece aliance" just sounds retarded.)

I'm waiting for Cid to be said "seed" since every 'I' they put in a name has so far been pronounced as an 'E'. When it does all I'll do is laugh.

Well, the thing about marquis is that it's a French title, and of course the French pronounce it "mar-KEE," but I do believe the "correct" English pronunciation is more phonetic... To be honest, though, it bugged me for a long time too, because since when are there any marquis..es... that aren't French, so who would pronounce it that way?

Tidus... Eh, I give up on Tidus. I still say "TIE-dus," but I don't really think that's right. know it's based on an Okinawan word that's pronounced "Tee-daa," but since they changed it anyway, I guess they can really say it however the heck they want.

Ifrit is another word they just changed. I've seen it spelled Efreet and Afrit elsewhere, but it comes from an Arabic (I think) creature like a genie (djinni, there's another word to debate). Based on that, I'd think it would be "Ih-FREET," but I honestly am not sure. Either way is better than "Eye-RIFT," though, which is how I said it when I was little. sweatdrop

I was so happy in XIII when Fang did pronounce Bahamut like "Bah-HAH-mitt"! I think... was it something from the Collector's Edition of XII that pronounced it "BAH-hah-moot"?

I know you're right about how Leviathan is pronounced, but I don't remember them ever saying it aloud in the series.

Zidane... Well, that was how I always pronounced it before, but the French soccer player Zidane pronounces it "Zi-DAHN," like they do in Dissidia... Damn the French; they make this so complicated. stare

If they did pronounce Cid like that, it would make VIII awfully confusing. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:59 pm
Ravenwolf
Maluc_Fieri
If they did pronounce Cid like that, it would make VIII awfully confusing. xd
yes it would. example: "lets go talk to cid!" "but we are seed, therefore your talking to seed right now." "no, i mean the headmaster!" "but there is no headmaster seed, only headmaster cid." "STOP REPEATING YOURSELF!" "look, lets just go train bahamuts abilities, shall we?"(pronouncing bahamut Bu-he-mut) "but behemoth isnt a gf." "fine, then lets go get some more ultima magic." "but we already beat the ultima weapon." "ugh..." "you pronounced ugh wrong." "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!"  

Ragnorok Angel

gods2armys

550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:04 am
you know your a FF additc when you always wanna relate yourself to any of the FF char list of combate finales like the

1. cloudes omnislash
2. wakkas attack reeels
3. barrets satalite beaam lazer cannon

so now that your mindes are thinking about those few skill i bet your now starting a train of thought about all the FF char skills see thats my problem when i just stop and think about pulling out my 6 foot great sword in a shopping mall and parents with their kids back away thats when u know you need to stop and think:S lol FF aditc are me smile lol  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:17 am
you allso know you played FF10 to much if you can recall the only spot in the game where one of the NPCs call out to your by saying your texted name ill give you a hint to were at in the game you see your name being called out one of the blizzters will be standing by the dock tellling you that the ship wont be ready for awhile while the make the repairs to the docks smile biggrin

trust me this is the only location you actualy seeing a NPC call out your texted name smile  

gods2armys

550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Maluc_Fieri

8,300 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:04 pm
You know you've played FF too much when:

-you start to identify yourself as 'the main character'.
-you begin to have identity issues, confusing yourself with a protagonist.  
Final Fantasy Addicts Anonymous Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff