Reply Gaia Gun Enthusiasts
Great day at the range

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:51 pm
I would have picture, but my camera has been MIA for about a month.

So here's the summary.

Lot's of awesome guns.

I took my Marlin 39A and M1 Carbine.
There were two M1 Garands
An SKS (with a goodie mentioned later)
an FN FAL.
Numerous pistols:
Six or so 1911s, Colt Woodsman, an olympic .22LR pistol, a Taurus 24/7, and a Hi Ppower.

Recap:
I only had 18 rounds for the M1, and shot them all up. Had fun doing it.
THen, I shot about 200 rounds of .22LR through the Marlin.
Then, I put about 50 rounds through the FN FAL!
Then, out came the SKS.... WITH A GOLF BALL LAUNCHER!
That son of a b***h was FUN. We used every single blank he had, and about half the golf balls we all had pooled. We got good enough to hit the target at 30 yards! Not reliably, but we could!
THen I put a clip through each of the Garands, at bowling pins. They seemed to go right through, rather than blowing them up or even knocking them over.
THen, I put about 100 more rounds through the FAL!

THen we went back to the house, and started putting together a log splitter and trailer. That's when mom came and said we had to go (damnit). I bought 150 rounds of .30CAR right before I left, though.

Mark, the host, offered to sell me one of his FALs for $100 per month for 14 months (AKA $1400). I'm going to pay off the Carbine before I think about it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:17 pm
needs pictures  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

uryu ishida

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:19 pm
Desert_Fox_Rommel
needs pictures
Camera is MIA.

Maybe even KIA.

I can't find the sumbitch no matter how hard I look.

FAL=Heavy as ******** after shooting an M1 Carbine.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:30 pm
Just hotlink from google images then. razz  

Desert_Fox_Rommel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:04 am
Actually, I went to a gun show today. Only real pieces worth mentioning were a No. 5 Mk. I Jungle Carbine and an AMT Automag in .30 Carbine. The magazine was in the grip, but the chamber was in front of the trigger. That is one ******** strange-looking gun.

There was a sporterized No. 4 (that needed to be cremated properly), a handful of Judges, a s**t-ton of XDs and XDMs, a handful of Mosins, both 44 and 91/30 (and not a one under $100, topping out at a mint-condition Polish M44 knockoff for $300)... nothing really interesting. Oh, there was a Calico. And an M1 Carbine with a G3-style collapsible stock. So ******** ugly.

Honestly, it was a waste of $6. I wouldn't do it again.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:08 pm
Fresnel
Actually, I went to a gun show today. Only real pieces worth mentioning were a No. 5 Mk. I Jungle Carbine and an AMT Automag in .30 Carbine. The magazine was in the grip, but the chamber was in front of the trigger. That is one ******** strange-looking gun.

There was a sporterized No. 4 (that needed to be cremated properly), a handful of Judges, a s**t-ton of XDs and XDMs, a handful of Mosins, both 44 and 91/30 (and not a one under $100, topping out at a mint-condition Polish M44 knockoff for $300)... nothing really interesting. Oh, there was a Calico. And an M1 Carbine with a G3-style collapsible stock. So ******** ugly.

Honestly, it was a waste of $6. I wouldn't do it again.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Is it in any way possible that it is the reproduction M1 Carbine?
Well, in any case, WTF?

I'd like to get one of those Automags in .30.

Something about the grip size and the barrel longer than any semi-auto I've ever seen, in a sensible caliber that is, and no, a semi-automatic .357 Magnum or .44 Mag isn't.  

Barru

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:35 pm
Barru
Well, in any case, WTF?
I didn't dare touch it to find out. I think it had cooties.
Quote:

Something about the grip size and the barrel longer than any semi-auto I've ever seen, in a sensible caliber that is, and no, a semi-automatic .357 Magnum or .44 Mag isn't.
I think the one I saw was an Automag III. Check the chamber. Friggin huge.

Also, there was some gun they had there, I don't remember what it was, but the trigger length was TERRIBLE. I couldn't get even get my finger inside the guard, it was so short. Comfortable "trigger is pulled" length rested my finger wrapped around the end of the guard.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:40 pm
Fresnel
Barru
Well, in any case, WTF?
Quote:

Also, there was some gun they had there, I don't remember what it was, but the trigger length was TERRIBLE. I couldn't get even get my finger inside the guard, it was so short. Comfortable "trigger is pulled" length rested my finger wrapped around the end of the guard.

Huh, is it just me or do they seem to be SA?
If not that'd be an odd trigger pull.

Wonder what gun that was.  

Barru

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:33 am
Barru
Fresnel
Barru
Well, in any case, WTF?
Quote:

Huh, is it just me or do they seem to be SA?
If not that'd be an odd trigger pull.

Wonder what gun that was.
You know, I think it might have been a Jericho. I remember it was foreign, and I failed at making a racial joke about it. Something along the lines of "Those ******** tiny Jews and their tiny fingers. Wait, Jews aren't tiny..."  
Gaia Gun Enthusiasts

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games