Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
Serious Demon problem. Advice? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:36 am
It came to my attention last night that there is a demon sticking around inside of an abandoned building in the town near where i live. its a serious slug type demon, who has to go. teenagers in the town hang out in the building sometimes, and all of them claim to have seen something haunting them. i went in yesterday, and i am certain that theres some serious s**t going on in there. me, and a friend, also wiccan, are trying to come up with a plan to remove it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:52 am
if u have a higher spiritual power u may be able to get rid of it try souronding the building with a thick ring of salt and bring a few brooms and place on a each corner of the building and try to exorcise the b*****d if it doesnt work then ur spiritual strngth isnt enought i would suggest a strong water based wiccan (everyone has an element water fire wind earth mines fire) and attempt to cleanse the building  

koolaid117

XemoanaX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:04 pm
i know that christianity may be out of the question, but burn some sage and say the lords prayer and pour some holy water near you. i'm just learning abuout the religion and am very interested in all religions alike.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:06 pm
If it's haunting an abandoned building...
I'm sorry, but why is that a problem?  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:05 am
kage no neko
If it's haunting an abandoned building...
I'm sorry, but why is that a problem?

Agreed.

This is its space. You are the intruder. If people are tresspassing, and get punished for it, that's their own damn problem. It's not your building and you really don't have the right to tell other beings they don't belong there when you yourself don't belong there. It was there first.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:55 am
I would question too, why you think it's a demon? Or even if it is why you feel the need to bother it? As has been said, it's in a building that was abandoned, and the only people who have any issues with it are people who aren't supposed to be there anyways.

Basically you've got an entity that isn't really causing any trouble, and yet you want to go in and *poke* it and get it all riled up. rolleyes I'd suggest just leaving whatever it is alone.  

ncsweet
Crew

Nattfodd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:27 pm
pyroknight1
It came to my attention last night that there is a demon sticking around inside of an abandoned building in the town near where i live.

How do you know it's a demon? Why do you jump to demon instead of spirit, and there is no mention of any sort of rational (i.e. non-metaphysical) explanation for this?

Or do you just want to believe?

Quote:
its a serious slug type demon, who has to go.

How do you know it's a slug? What is a 'slug type demon' anyway? Sounds like something cooked up from Inu-Yasha.

Why does it have to go? Why can't it stay where it is? What actual harm has it caused?

Quote:
teenagers in the town hang out in the building sometimes, and all of them claim to have seen something haunting them.

If I claim you're haunting me, does that make it okay to get rid of you? I'd hope so, by your logic.

How do you know that anyone was actually haunted? How do you know that any harm was actually caused and the intention of said theoretical being was not misconstrued?

Quote:
i went in yesterday, and i am certain that theres some serious s**t going on in there. me, and a friend, also wiccan, are trying to come up with a plan to remove it.

Wiccans deal with slug demons now? Funny, I was pretty sure that Wicca was a orthopraxic mystery fertility cult. I had no idea that the intent of Wicca was to go into abandoned buildings acting like demonologists or ghostbusters.

Why are you 'certain' so suddenly after merely visiting the place that 'serious s**t is going down'? Are you sure you're not just a teenager experiencing the exhilaration of being in an abandoned building?

Why does the opinion of someone just as inexperienced as you even matter at all?

Come on now, don't post Mr Dark nonsense, give us some real explanations of the phenomena you experienced and others experienced and we'll look at this logically.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:16 pm
Ok, this is what i know, and how i know.

1. its a definate demon. its got far too much malevolence to be anything else. i got a second oppinion from several people, they all agreed. the history of the place just sort of points to it too, due to all the death and tragedy in the building. if it were a normal spirit, it probably wouldnt have the firey eyes either.(Its been seen by both myself, and my cousin, at the same time.)

2. i am water, as is a friend of mine, and i have been told i have quite a bit of natural power, though its really a matter of opinion, though everyone tells me that.

3. the slug demon thing is something i was told about the demon from another wiccan(Not my friend, but an older wiccan in the area) whom i met some time ago, when we got to talking about the building. he had used to work there, and had always felt it. he said it was his own sort of term for it, meaning that it latched on to those in the building and sort of drained their life forces while they were in there. i've felt it doing that to me myself.

4. it is definately haunting the building, and is territorial. i put up some protection charms on myself the second time i went in, and could sense it pushing. it will latch on to anyone who goes in who doesnt protect themselves like i did, and will stick with them for a while before leaving them and going back to the building.

5. I, along with my cousins have camped in there a few times now. i personally have only been in there the one time overnight, but they told me what has happened in their experience, and i have experienced a lot of it in that one night.

thus far, from my own experience, and that of my cousins, the demon has to date, thrown stuff around at us, from old carboard tubing to a random horseshoe, (The building has been a livestock building once.) and has caused various occurances, from knocking down stacks of the cardboard tubing, to causing the appearance of a very odd symbol, which i have yet to find online. ill post the meaning once i find it, but it was formed from fire in friggin midair. there ARE spirits of children in the building also, but in a different section of the building, and they appear to be afraid of the demon. i have heard screaming myself, along with my cousin and friends, whenever one of us walked into the area when we had the demon around us. the rest of the time, the children can be heard singing, and tugging, asking to play. my cousin and i have seen them ourselves, consisting of a young blond girl, who appears bloody, a brown haired girl, though it might be a dirty blond, who's left arm appears to be broken, and three to four boys, though i cant be sure, since they arent as commonly seen. apparently there was also a young red headed girl, but my friend managed to get her to move on.

it wasnt the exhileration of being in an abandoned building, since i have been in others in the area a lot, and the thrill isnt as prevailent.

any more questions? and thank you Koolaid, for not picking apart the situation as though it didnt pose a problem. the demon, though in an abandoned building is still dangerous, since the building is smack in the middle of town. just because other teens tresspass, doesnt mean they should have to be submitted to the demon.  

pyroknight1

6,875 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

RubyLight

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:12 pm
Alright. An abandoned building is one thing, however I'm concerned about the spirits of the dead children. (and kids who decide to play in the building stare ) Just so you know, just because it has red eyes doesn't mean it is a demon. It sounds more like a negative attachment in my oppinion.
Please understand that you are not dealing with anything small. Getting rid of it can be dangerous, because it can attach to you. If you feel that you can't get rid of it, look for an elder who can. A Catholic priest is not totally out of the question. They are good at what they do. If you ask an elder I would make the following concerns clear:
1. It can cause harm to teenagers messing with the building.
2. It causes harm to other spirits in the area. (mention they are children and they will be more likely to help you)

I hope that helped.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:24 pm
I suspect entities tend to vanish in puffs of logic when faced with a sufficiently educated skeptic, but this is an untested hypothesis on my part.

However, I do suspect that if someone like Richard Dawkins entered the building, your entity would be gone.  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:26 pm
Spirits can be malevolent without being 'demons'. There are plenty of really nasty little buggers out there who are not in the least bit demonic. Don't jump to conclusions.

I'd like to know if your friends are lineaged Wiccans, or just people misappropriating a title that isn't theirs to use.

I fail to understand why you're labeling yourself as an unbalanced person. People are, by default, all four elements. Typically when a person feels they're one element over the others, it's because they either have an excess of that element, or a complete lack of it. If you don't have a working relationship with all the elements, you will be unbalanced, and it will cause difficulties if left so.

You've made a very arrogant statement. If it boosts your ego or self-esteem to think you're 'powerful', whatever. Not everyone is going to agree with you. And quite a few people are going to be unimpressed by that kind of attitude.

And...you've entirely missed everyone's point: IF you leave the thing alone, it will eventually piss off to somewhere else to do its' mischief. By giving it attention, you're feeding it, and it will stick around as long as you do.

The whole situation looks to me like you're playing silly buggers because being magical makes you feel special. If you need metaphysical drama in your life - take up LARPing. It's at least an honest fiction.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:30 pm
Morgandria
And...you've entirely missed everyone's point: IF you leave the thing alone, it will eventually piss off to somewhere else to do its' mischief. By giving it attention, you're feeding it, and it will stick around as long as you do.

So in other words, do not feed the trolls?  

Yanueh

Shameless Shapeshifter

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:36 pm
pyroknight1
i got a second oppinion from several people, they all agreed.

What are these people's qualifications to make such a call?
I think it might just be a confused, angry spirit that isn't quite sure how or where to cross over/etc...
Quote:
the history of the place just sort of points to it too, due to all the death and tragedy in the building.

So....why doesn't it being an angry and confused spirit seem more plausible than a demon? Why would a demon be popping up where there was a lot of death and tragedy?
Quote:
if it were a normal spirit, it probably wouldnt have the firey eyes either.(Its been seen by both myself, and my cousin, at the same time.)

We've established it's not a normal spirit. However, your case for it being a demon is very, very weak.

Quote:
2. i am water, as is a friend of mine, and i have been told i have quite a bit of natural power, though its really a matter of opinion, though everyone tells me that.

You're a water? I thought you were a person?
If you're referring to your element, what does that have to do with anything? I don't think all clairvoyants are waters confused

Quote:
3. the slug demon thing is something i was told about the demon from another wiccan(Not my friend, but an older wiccan in the area) whom i met some time ago, when we got to talking about the building.

An actual Wiccan, or "I read a book and am stealing the title" kind of Wiccan?
Quote:
he had used to work there, and had always felt it. he said it was his own sort of term for it, meaning that it latched on to those in the building and sort of drained their life forces while they were in there. i've felt it doing that to me myself.

Still doesn't sound very compelling for it being a demon. I would think if it were a demon, worse s**t than sapping energy would've gone down.

Quote:
4. it is definately haunting the building, and is territorial. i put up some protection charms on myself the second time i went in, and could sense it pushing. it will latch on to anyone who goes in who doesnt protect themselves like i did, and will stick with them for a while before leaving them and going back to the building.

Again, does not an angry and confused spirit adequately answer these issues without being over-the-top?
AFAIK, spirits who are in that mentality can be very territorial as well as they see that specific area as their safe-zone and become quite upset when someone they do not know comes treading in.
Wouldn't you be pissed too if random people you'd never seen before, came walking into your house and decided to set up shop in your bedroom for a hangout?

Quote:
5. I, along with my cousins have camped in there a few times now. i personally have only been in there the one time overnight, but they told me what has happened in their experience, and i have experienced a lot of it in that one night.

So...you know it's haunted and are still going there excessively?
Holy s**t. No wonder this thing is so pissed.

Quote:
thus far, from my own experience, and that of my cousins, the demon has to date, thrown stuff around at us, from old carboard tubing to a random horseshoe, (The building has been a livestock building once.) and has caused various occurances, from knocking down stacks of the cardboard tubing, to causing the appearance of a very odd symbol, which i have yet to find online. ill post the meaning once i find it, but it was formed from fire in friggin midair. there ARE spirits of children in the building also, but in a different section of the building, and they appear to be afraid of the demon.

It's probably telling you to GTFO. I'd listen. It's not rocket science.
Perhaps the children spirits aren't necessarily afraid of the spirit itself, but afraid of its anger? One of my uncles is a great guy, but when he gets pissed - stay the ******** out of his way.
Quote:
i have heard screaming myself, along with my cousin and friends, whenever one of us walked into the area when we had the demon around us. the rest of the time, the children can be heard singing, and tugging, asking to play. my cousin and i have seen them ourselves, consisting of a young blond girl, who appears bloody, a brown haired girl, though it might be a dirty blond, who's left arm appears to be broken, and three to four boys, though i cant be sure, since they arent as commonly seen. apparently there was also a young red headed girl, but my friend managed to get her to move on.

Why did you not try to get the other children to move on as well?

Quote:
any more questions? and thank you Koolaid, for not picking apart the situation as though it didnt pose a problem.

The only problem I can see thus far is
1. There is something haunting a building.
2. People keep going to this building even though the spirit seems to be giving off "GTFO" vibes.
Some spirits just like to be left alone. Why not do them that courtesy? The spirit is already apparently quite tormented in its present state I don't see why you need to add fuel to the fire.
Quote:
the demon, though in an abandoned building is still dangerous, since the building is smack in the middle of town. just because other teens tresspass, doesnt mean they should have to be submitted to the demon.

But somehow the spirit should put up with teens trespassing in its safe-zone where the teens really have no business anyways? I'm always quite confused when people who say they can see/interact with spirits go about treating them in such a way.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:11 am
pyroknight1
1. its a definate demon. its got far too much malevolence to be anything else.

Just because something doesn't like you, doesn't mean it's malevolent as a matter of course. Otherwise you would now be experiencing me as one malevolent ********.
Quote:

the history of the place just sort of points to it too, due to all the death and tragedy in the building.

What does that have to do with it being a demon or not?

Quote:
if it were a normal spirit, it probably wouldnt have the firey eyes either.(Its been seen by both myself, and my cousin, at the same time.)

Why not? If you're incoporeal, and you want to make some irritating kids piss off, and you could make your eyes all awesome and fiery, wouldn't you do it?

Hell, I'd do it as a matter of course.
Quote:

3. the slug demon thing is something i was told about the demon from another wiccan(Not my friend, but an older wiccan in the area) whom i met some time ago, when we got to talking about the building. he had used to work there, and had always felt it. he said it was his own sort of term for it, meaning that it latched on to those in the building and sort of drained their life forces while they were in there. i've felt it doing that to me myself.

So what you're telling us is that you've been primed to expect something prior to entering this place? Why should we - or you - believe that this is anything other than some guy messing with your head?

Quote:

If someone entered your house randomly, poked around, generally made a nuisance of themselves, and proded at you personally, pray tell, how would you react?

Would you protect yourself and your home? Would you follow them around and keep an eye on them? Would you glare at them and attempt to get them to leave?

Or would you just ignore them and let them walk around your home, like you're expecting this spirit to do?

THIS IS NOT YOUR HOME. So don't walk around in it like a kid at a fair and then complain that you don't feel welcome. You're NOT welcome. So DON'T GO THERE.
Quote:

I find it difficult to actually treat you like a human being at this point, as apparently you take pride in not just invading the space of someone else, but then treating IT like the bad guy. The fact that you would go to a place as some sort of amusement park to make yourself feel cool or powerful sickens me to my stomach.

Why are you going there? You WANT to experience something. You want spoooooky stories to tell people to make yourself seem more powerful, which frankly is a "the empty vessel makes the greatest sound" sort of situation. If this actually concerned you, you would be avoiding this place, not going back every so often.

Hell, for all you know, this spirit is thinking "these kids are here to see something scary" and is trying to help you out by delivering exactly what you are there to experience.

Leave. It. Alone.

Quote:
any more questions? and thank you Koolaid, for not picking apart the situation as though it didnt pose a problem.

It DOESN'T pose a problem. In this scenario, YOU are the problem.

It's like going out into the arctic circle and then complaining when you're attacked by a polar bear. Chrissake.

Quote:
the demon, though in an abandoned building is still dangerous, since the building is smack in the middle of town. just because other teens tresspass, doesnt mean they should have to be submitted to the demon.

Sure it does. They can think of it as a life lesson.

And hey, if it's really there, they should be seeing it too, right? If they're seeing it and they're still going there, they must want to see it, and they have been duly warned, and they are responsible for their own fates. And if they're NOT seeing it, that just lends more weight to it being all in your head.

Sounds like this building is in dire need of a Bio-exorcist. Where the ******** is Beetlejuice when you need him?
Though I know I should be wary, still I venture someplace scary,
Ghostly haunting, I turn loose
Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice!

*pause*
Damnit.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:10 am
You came to us asking for advice, yet when we give it to you, you completely ignore it just because it wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Demons (or similar entities) while existing, have better things to do than bother the average person, unless they go out of their way to piss them off. If it's as "bad a**" as you say it is, then any non-experienced person that tries to mess around with it is bound to get injured or worse. You keep saying that you have consulted other "Wiccans", but to be honest, what does Wicca (or paganism in general) have to do with demons (or the knowledge of them). If I was unfortunate to run across something that I thought was a demon, I'd be looking for advice from someone who was actually an expert in demonology.  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff