Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Memorable Threads
Drawing Contest: Season's Greetings -Winners Announced- Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you celebrate?
Christmas
81%
 81%  [ 26 ]
Hanukkah
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kwanzaa
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Winter Solstice
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
None listed (if other please share)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 32

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:48 pm
~Season's Greeting~

That is right folks, another seasonally themed contest hosted by your favorite winged vixen. wink

This time around I am looking for anything fitting for the month of December. This will include any art centered around Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and New Years. Or of you are not particularly religious or simply donnot feel any great connection with any of the holiday, anything related to the coming winter works equally well. 3nodding

While sexy pics are nice, of course, personally I am looking forward to more wholesome and heart felt pieces of art. Then again I wont be part of the voting, just the person handing out the prizes. xd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:58 pm
Rules

1. Entry Fee is free
2. All entries must be PM'ed to Diana Vulpes
3. All entries must fit the theme and be furry related
4. All participants will be limited two entries each
5. All entries must be at least the equivalent of an inked piece
6. Pencil sketches (or any sketch period) will be rejected
7. There will be no file size, pixel size or format limit
8. There will be no content restrictions*
9. Final due date for all entries is January 1st
10. Voting will be in secret by a panel of judges (do not ask to be a judge) and the winners will be announced the next day.

*Meaning Entries to not need to fallow Gaia's PG-13 rule unless you wish to have your art posted here at the Guild. All Entries over the PG-13 rule will be posted on the AFG off-site.

Prizes

1st Place - 2x Thank You Letter For December 2005
2nd Place - 5,000 Gold
3rd Place - 2,500 Gold
4th Place - 1,250 Gold
5th Place - 625 Gold  

Selene Aries

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:01 am
~Entries~

1. Sheol Kitten
2. Meph!stopheles
3. Asphyxiation_of_the_Mind
4. Rigu Ryu
5. Zella L.
6. Rinchans-Flower
7. lost2darkness
8. Zaerin Grey
9. Zaerin Grey (second entry)
10. Kuro Netsune
11. Kuro Netsune (second entry)
12. Sakiimi
13. Asphyxiation_of_the_Mind (second entry)
14. Aeden-Butterfly-Wings  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 12:39 am
Sounds like a challenge!
And I'ms till biting my hand after not finishing the pic I wanted to do last year for Christmas in the AFG, so I'm looking forward to a good two weeks of on and off work MINIMUM for a picture this year.

Probably gonna do an AFG-related Christmas piccy, and do one of me and Ome. ^.^

Well I'm up for it. Gonna add this to my to-do list. :3

Sonya Khatsworth

DarkSyctheFan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:38 am
I am soo entering ^^ with a rather interesting holiday theme...i'll message you when its finished  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:54 am
oo...I already drew a Christmas piece that I can enter (One I plan on selling in a set of 10 pictures for Christmas for $30)  

Alektorphobia

Shinigami Whistle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:27 am
Alright, I'm over my loss over the halloween contest, and ready to give it a go again...so, count me in for this contest <3

*starts thinking up ideas*

Maybe I'll do one with my favorites ladies....*coughs* (which means Kyo, Kana, and Neon, haha.)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:23 pm
Ooo! Looks like fun! I love Christmas. >w<

I think I'll do my entry...in between comissions, of course.

Except...I live in Australia, so Christmas is in summer. Is it cool if it's a summery Christmas pic? Because it seems this comp is rather winter based...but if not, I'll do it all wintery for the helluvit. xd  

Professor Peaches

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:43 pm
I have a rather large Christmas picture I'm planning and will enter it if I get it done on time. Though that could be hard since I don't get out of finals and stuff for college this year till the the 16th and the due date for this is the 21st. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:39 pm
That due date might get pushed back if people are feeling a little stressed trying to get things done on time.  

Selene Aries

Sheol Zone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:39 pm
Whee! Another contest! <3 I've already got a few ideas.. so plan on some more art from me. <3  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:59 pm
I'm sooo entering! This time I'm not that busy so I should be able to! heart  

Sakiimi

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:08 pm
Soulevoid

Except...I live in Australia, so Christmas is in summer. Is it cool if it's a summery Christmas pic? Because it seems this comp is rather winter based...but if not, I'll do it all wintery for the helluvit. xd

Hm, yes... I knew that the whole sothern hemesphere thing would pop-up, or just people living someplace that doesn't really see much of a winter. xd All I can say is that if you go for a winter theme, do it as you know winter best from personal experince.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:25 pm
Diana Vulpes
Soulevoid

Hm, yes... I knew that the whole sothern hemesphere thing would pop-up, or just people living someplace that doesn't really see much of a winter. xd All I can say is that if you go for a winter theme, do it as you know winter best from personal experince.
Yes, we can't forget Florida winters now can we- streets with palm trees covered in christmas lights. rofl

It might be a little dead down in South Florida this year though. There is just so much destruction from the hurricane with falllen trees or ones left looking like they have been at the hands of some saw maniac. Right now my family is more worried about getting a roofer to come replace all the shingles we lost so we can take the massive tarps down, then putting up our lights. We are even afraid to put up the usual massive inside decorations because the roofer will probably come some time around mid december and we are afraid all the hamering will cause things to shack and fall as is. Not to mention half of what used to be on our pourch... the one that blew over our roof during the storm and hasn't been seen since, is stored in our house at the moment. At least it looks like most of the stuff should be covered by insurance. @.@  

Krissim Klaw

Memorable Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces