Reply 25: TGF: The gaming community
City builders!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:01 am
Out of my favorite games, city builders are the best of the best. There's noting as awesome as building a little town into a metropolis from the ground-up, experimenting with stuff like a mass transit utopia, a megalopolis of thousands of people, or a realistic city complete with suburbs, downtown and whatnot. whee

I've played so much of these games, and here's my opinion on them:
  1. City Life 2008: Kinda easy in my opinion, but I absolutely love the free-angle roads and the culture system is quite interesting. It's a good spin on the city building genre. Oh, and the street view... MAXIS HAS BEEN PROMISING THAT s**t AND THEY DIDN'T PUT IT UNTIL SIMCITY SOCIETIES AND THEY SAY IT'S THE CRAPPIEST GAME OF THE SERIES.
  2. Simcity 4: The most complete and complex simulator in my opinion. Building a city from the ground-up is a great challenge and it has oh, so very very much hidden depths. ********, even architecture students use it for their urban planning classes!
  3. Simcity 2000: Yes, SC4 is complex and complete, but Simcity 2000 is the hard one IMO. Budgets are way slower, and you'd better have hydro plants while your city is still growing or your power plants will a splode all the time!
  4. Lincity: A very interesting take on the city building genre. Instead of building residential and commercial zones, you build structures that provide different resources. Cities end up being ludicrously unrealistic, but it's a quite good system IMO. Could use more skins for the buildings though. Available for Linux under the GNU GPL license, which means it's GNU freeware ^^
  5. SimTower: Another interesting take on this genre. Instead of building a city, you build a building. Quite good in my opinion. I've already built a skyscraper that has reached the TOWER rating ^^

So, which is your favorite city building game?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:01 pm
Cool dude ill get that game when i get it lol
razz  

Slade_Black

Karvax nar Kilratha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:33 pm
Man, has this sub-forum been so unpopular for YEARS, like the rest of the others here in Reality.

The only city building games I like are SimCity 2000 and SimCity 3000 Unlimited. City Life proved to be a disappointment to me.  
25: TGF: The gaming community

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games