Reply The BIONICLE Guild
I HATE STEWERT SAYGER!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aexeiz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:14 pm
he sucks,ok? i miss the old artist before him, his paintings leave out details,and...to be honest.....sometimes look like lines of color,for instance look at the beginning sketches in the ignition comics,,,,, I JUST CANT STAND HIM!!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:14 pm
I kind of like his style.
To be honest I found the earlier artists to be a little harsh on my eyes.  

airvortex

vulpineCrafter
Vice Captain

Playful Shapeshifter

15,000 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:16 pm
Are you kidding me? Stuart Sayger is SOOO COOL! Oh, and the color wasn't his fault. Oh yeah, and I met him and got a print autographed by him (squeeeee!) He personally wanted to make the art a lot darker, but they wouldn't let him. I believe this is at least part of the reason he is no longer doing comics for bionicle anymore. I also think that he made up for incredibly mediocre sets. I actually think that the piraka, though cool looking in concept, were incredibly lame as sets, but he made them look incredible. (Heeeee he, I'm sort of a huge fan of his ever since I met him in person)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:06 pm
yeah but he leaves out some details (though i do agree the old artist did make it a little impossible to make out)  

Piraka Zaktan

vulpineCrafter
Vice Captain

Playful Shapeshifter

15,000 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:54 am
What kind of details? But I never actually saw the old artist, just Stuart and the other newer ones. Besides, isn't that art in your sig by him?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:41 pm
it's because he left out some detail that they're brilliant biggrin
I just feel a lot of emotion from his work, a whole lot more than the previous ones.  

airvortex

Toa-Nuva

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:42 pm
I didn't like him either. He often just left out so many details, the characters look terribly distorted... The Ignika is just a strangely deformed circle with four lines on it, the Matoran are monsters from outer space... -.- I've never really like how the comics looked like in the years before, but they were MUCH better than the 06 and 07 comics!

But I loved his successor. The 2008 comics looked awesome. smile It's a shame he stopped doing the Bionicle comics after only one year. But I think the current one is all right, too. ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:09 pm
I actually think that the new comics are rather bland. They just weren't exciting for me. They had no emotion. Sure, the ignika was kind of odd, but it was supposed to be simple. He didn't want to actually show you what it looked like. Just a gist.  

vulpineCrafter
Vice Captain

Playful Shapeshifter

15,000 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Generous 100
  • Beta Gaian 0

kayasto

Invisible Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:22 am
i like the new guy's style cuz its alot darker...ina way >.>; the old guy's was...it.....i didnt like it as much i do the new 1s ^^ when i got my lego magaziene that said they got a new artist and it came with a poster of the red Piraka i was like FREAKIN SWEET an even better artist is gunna be doin the art for the comics ^^ it just seems cooler and better to me biggrin and as long as it looks close e-nuff to the set i dont care if theres a couple details missing xP but thats just how i am sooooo yea the new guy is better in my opinion ^~^;  
The BIONICLE Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games