Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)
A little protection goes a long way.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:06 pm
Okay, My Step-sister is a very special girl.

She listens to my stories, listens to my opinions about anything and allows me to vent after her Father spouts s**t about anything he doesn't understand. Spirits for example.

Anyways, After his hour talk about how Spirits boards are evil because he used them to which the spirits or the devil tried to beckon him in his dreams after using them or some thing, My Step-sister let me tell her of all the good things that have come from them...

Well, She then started saying how she never feels alone and how it scares her at times. She also talked about the "spirit" that lives in her Mother's apartment, Which I'm a bit skeptic of.. But, I want her to feel safe.

I really feel like I owe her and want to make her some sort of protection, as a gift to show her that I appreciate her understanding and want to help her.

I was going to make a Rowan Cross at first, only to find that there were no Rowan trees in our area. emo I hate Kentucky sometimes.

Any ideas or suggestions?

All words are appreciated and thanked in advanced.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:05 pm
I keep a ghost bead necklace on or in my purse all the time because I used to be terrified of being hurt by a spirit. They're made by Native Americans, they keep away evil. If you can find one of those, you could try them.  

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:35 pm
Beautiful Propaganda
I keep a ghost bead necklace on or in my purse all the time because I used to be terrified of being hurt by a spirit. They're made by Native Americans, they keep away evil. If you can find one of those, you could try them.

Well, Buying something like that would be nice.. But I can't afford much right now. Plus, I feel that making her something with my own hands would make it feel stronger and more important, possibly loving.

However, I'll look into them. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:17 pm
Namikikyo
Beautiful Propaganda

Well, Buying something like that would be nice.. But I can't afford much right now. Plus, I feel that making her something with my own hands would make it feel stronger and more important, possibly loving.

However, I'll look into them. Thank you.

I'm pretty sure the necklaces are made of juniper seeds and glass beads [not sure about this part] and string. You might be able to make one yourself.  

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200

Opaque_Dreams

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:25 pm
Garlic can be used for protection try making her a pouch of herbs and oils. Dragons blood, a clove or piece of garlic, onions too. you'd be surprised what you can find in your kitchen. ^_^ look for web sites on herb magic and get cooking... so to speak ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:19 am
In theory you could charge almost anything with a protection spell. I mean obviously there are things that are associated with protection, that would be helpful if you had them, but they aren't always necessary. If you can find a silver (good for protection, defense and repelling negativity) bracelet or necklace, you could charge it with protective energy, and she could wear it at all times. Then you could just recharge it from time to time.  

ncsweet
Crew

Orchidsandfractals

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:39 pm
Oak symbolizes protection to me. Sage is good as well. An iron necklace is good, as is a cross or garlic. I like rose personally, it seems cleansing to me. However, I'm not a total herbalist myself. You could eventually go to a garden center and ask to see if they could order you a Rowan tree? They are trees you can grow in a backyard, and if you wanted to, you could bonzai it. But that would cost maybe $50, so save up!

It doesn't matter the material so much as the use of it. Maybe go to her apartment and ask the spirit to give her privacy sometimes? The spirit is probably friendly, just a bit lonely and thinks she's a nice person and is thus a bit clingy. Spirits can live in a home. I know my plants provide shelter to some nymphs in the winter I think. My laurel in particular. My mother often leaves out milk for the good fey, who are thought to live in the land. I know of the idea of a guardian god in a house, and I think that's probably who she's meeting. Maybe create a little shrine for the god to live in(can be cardboard or a little box or whatever).  
*~Sanctuary~* (answers and advice)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games