Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
Nevermore [steampunk beginer-intemediate](Open/Accepting) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ray of Mel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:06 pm
The world of Terra Dorata has entered a new renaissance, the invention of a clean fuel perfect for steam engines called, fiamma del dio (flame of god), has revolutionized the way of travel and the way society operates. The new age was called the Neo-renaissance, and also the golden age of steam.

Around the same time of the creation of Fiamma del Dio, a physicist by the name of Nicolas Flamel rediscovered the art of alchemy, and created a medicine that would cure any ailment and could alter the form of any substance.

Soon after an ancient relic was found by an crusader named Joan of Arc, she Brought It back to her home land of Fanceny the relic was the source of arcane magic and allowed those that bowed before it to perform healing spells

A pirate who sailed under Britannia under the Alias of Captain Kid, came across an ancient ruin while he was lost at sea, fitting the description given by Plato, it was Atlantis. He found a door that led into a chapel that was designed to invoke the elements. The chapel ceiling opened as he and his crew entered the room, the power of the six magical elements were released into the world (light, fire, air, water, earth, and shadow)

However, Another discovery was made twenty years after the discovery of Fiamma del dio, one that would make these, discoveries meaningless. A young boy who's name was too meaningless to mention found a small jewelry box. out of curiosity the boy opened it, Out of the box spewed chaos, evil and destruction.

Greedy men killed Dr. Flamel for the secrets of his stone, Joan was burned to the steak as a witch by the people her magic had saved and Kid and his crew were hung for the crime of piracy by the country that had employed them. the golden age of steam colapsed, leaving the world to the will of fate.

the rp will start in the city of New-Venace which was the center of the Neo-Renaissance (Italian base, with flying steam gondolas ect.)

schools of magic/science (ideas for basing characters)

Machinery-mechanics, gunsmiths, pilots
Alchemy-Alchemists, techno-mages, golem smiths
Holy magic- Priests, seers, monks, Paladins
Nature magic- Witches, Druids, elementalists

Character info
user name:
Character name: (at least first and last)
profession:
general alignment and loyalties:
Appearance:
Bio:
Key possessions:
Other:

Please PM characters to me

All Rping should comply with the rules of the TOS
This RP shall be literate-semi-literate. no emotes or text speak, try for good grammar and spelling but if your not perfect your human (my spelling is bad which you may have noticed by now)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:34 pm
CHARACTERS:
User name: Otulissa
Character name: Sayuri "Lily" Akako

Profession: Alchemist-Warrior, Linguist
General alignment and loyalties: Good, Nicolas Flamel
Appearance: User Image
Bio: Sayuri grew up raised by her father, because her mother died in childbirth. He taught her how to fight with a traditional Oriental katana, becaues he strictly followed the code of bushido and did not like the dawn of new technology. However, Sayuri was always fascinated with science and new inventions, and yet, she still embraced the past. When Sayuri turned 12, her father sent her off to live with her cousin, who was a weaponsmaster in the West. She learned how to speak many western languages there, and became quite fluent. Her cousin taught her how to use a gun, and she received one of his well-made steel revolvers as a present. Her cousin's girlfriend encouraged Sayuri to enroll in the Alchemists' Academy at 14, and she studied there until 18, when she graduated with honors.
Key possessions: steel revolver, Japanese-style Oriental katana
Other: Sayuri is beautiful and charming, and even if guys fall for her, she is not quick to love.

User name: Ray of Mel
Character name: Professor Milo Chronic

Profession: Mechanical Alchemist
General alignment and loyalties: He turns a profit by selling his experise to the highest bidder. He was a close follower of Nicolas' work and is capable of creating a philosopher’s stone.
Bio: a child prodigy, who grasped the complex science of mechanics and alchemy from a young age. He never knew his family and was razed by his relatives in New-Venice, where he attended the Alchemists Academy at the age of 7 and finished at the age of 12. He then took up an apprenticeship with a mechanic who he quickly surpassed. He now works for hire, with the world falling apart there are plenty of things to fix.
Key possessions: His golem butler named Charles, who follows him everywhere he goes. A golden pocket watch that becomes a living scarab that can carry out basic commands and messages. and a Rotary cell phone with which he contacts his clients.
Other: He lives in a Mansion just on the outside of the city limits of New-Venice

user name: Marissa_Jeane
Character name: Ryuu “Thorn” Watanabe

profession: Elementalist/Gunsmith
general alignment and loyalties: Ryuu is a mercenary. She is currently on the “evil” side of the fight but she prefers to think of it as the “prosperous” side. Should the opposing force offer her more money she would switch sides in a heartbeat.
Bio: Ryuu was raised by her mothers who, coincidentally, were also elementalists. The two women cared deeply about their adopted daughter and urged her to avoid the war if at all possible. They insisted that she should use her powers for self-defense only. Despite their wishes, she apprenticed herself to an accomplished gunsmith and learned the trade, training herself in the art of elemental manipulation all the while. Over the years, she discovered that most of her ability was centered around fire and air and that water was her weakest point. In fact, she had little to no control over it at any given moment. She refused to manipulate Earth after a near death experience she had while trying to re-create an earthquake. (She was bored, young and stupid so she wanted to see if she could do it.) Ryuu currently has ties to the “evil” side of the battle. However, she sells guns under the table to anyone who wants them. Should the opposing side offer more money, she would switch over instantly. Ryuu is in this for herself and only herself. She got the nickname Thorn because she has a tattoo of a choker made from thorns that circles her entire neck. The tattoo gradually turns into a rose as it runs down her chest. She never reveals the symbolism behind that ink.
Key possessions: She has two revolver-type guns that were crafted by none other than Ryuu herself. She wears a pair of red gloves that enhance her abilities with fire.
Other: Ryuu is usually a loner because of her status as a mercenary. She isn't afraid to use her body to get her way. She works in a cafe that her mothers own. She often sings to herself.

Ray of Mel

Ray of Mel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:09 pm
Milo walked down the central street in new venace, He looked up to the small aircrafts that dominated the air above. The lowest level of the city was made up of parks walking pathes . There were Three levels of walkways above these levels belonged to the store fronts. Milo looked at the dusty signs that advertized equally dusty stores. Dusty stores were better than the boarded up stores that filled most streets these days.

He took a small, metal stair case up to the second level. He stepped into a small cafe who's sign was polished and the tinted windows were clean. When he passed through the door he was welcomed by the sound of voices and the music of a small band consisting of a violin, a clarinet, a piano and a vocalist. Milo's Mechanical butler followed behind him. His butler Charles was dressed in a sharp black suit, he was about seven feet tall and had to duck as he passed through the door. They sat at an empty booth, and waited to be attended to.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:10 pm
Ryuu was on the other cafe chatting with a shady looking man who was giving her a once over with his eyes. "In any case, you better have my money by six o'clock tonight." "Thorn, the girl al-" "I don't give a rat's a** what the hell happened to the girl. She wasn't my job. Get me my money and don't bother me again or I shoot your head off." She snarled quietly.

"Thorn!" Another waiter called. "You've got a customer!"

"Six o'clock you slimy little toad." She growled lowly. A bright smile replaced the dark scowl as she walked over to Milo. "Good Morning gentlemen. My name is Ryuu and I'll be your server for your visit to Akane's Cafe. How may I help you?" She asked sweetly as she withdrew a notepad and pen from the waist of her skirt. Her demeanor was completely different than it had been with the "slimy toad."  

Marissa_Jeane

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:35 pm
Sayuri strolled about in New Venace, enjoying her walk. The slight breeze blew past her head, rumpling her bangs. She smiled to herself, and continued her walk. She looked at the signs of each and every building as she took her walk, and felt her throat getting dry. She was thirsty, after all.

"Well, I should go get a drink then..." Sayuri murmured to herself. "Indeed, that is what I shall do."

Sayuri entered the door to a cafe called "Akane's Cafe." She had been here before; it was a nice place. It was also a great place for hearing the latest news, although it was difficult to discern truth from false rumors at times. The cafe was busy, as usual. All of the booths were basically filled up... And Sayuri was faced with an awkward situation. Seeing as though she knew no one here, Sayuri stood a little bit off to the side of the doorway, so she wouldn't obstruct the paths of customers, but nevertheless, she looked odd, just standing there by herself.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:45 pm
"may I have a cup of coffee and a slice of chocolate cake" Milo said. "and can i have a couple extra sugar bowls?" he asked. He smiled and looked over to his butler. "Who you like anything Charles?" he said.
The face of the butler was covered by a plain white theatrical mask, other than that he apeard to be human. "No thank, you" seeming to aquint at Milo for the joke on his behalf even though the waitress had no way of understanding the punch line.  

Ray of Mel

Marissa_Jeane

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:26 pm
Ryuu nodded as she scribbled down Milo's order in short hand. "Of course. Everything will be out in a short while." She smiled at Milo and Charles, completely unaware that the butler wasn't human. She walked away and was absent for a few moments as she got the order. The cafe had cakes ready made so it didn't take very long. She returned with the cake, coffee and bowls on a serving tray. Ryuu put the large slice of cake and pot of coffee in front of Milo then set a ceramic cup before him as well. The extra sugar bowls were placed on the side of the table. She gave the two another smile before returning the tray.

She frowned deeply when she noticed Sayuri standing alone. She was either waiting to be seated, in which case where the hell was that hostess? Or she was up to no good. She walked up to Sayuri since the hostess was nowhere in sight. "Table for one?" She asked.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:00 am
Sayuri smiled friendily when a waitress came to seat her.

"I do not mind sharing a table," Sayuri said. "I can see that you are very busy today!" Sayuri motioned around with her elegant hands to prove her point; just by looking about, anyone could see that all the tables were occupied with people, even if there was just one person. "Business must be great for Akane's Cafe!"  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Ray of Mel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:33 pm
Milo started to add sugar to his coffee, emptying all of the sugar bowls. All those that saw him do this turned away with discust. He had pulled many all nighters as a sstudent in the accadamy, and he had grown accustomed to a high sugar intake, and knew no other way to drink coffee. He took a slice off the cake and dipped it into the syruplike coffee, and nibbled at it delicately. The caffein and sugar apeared to have no effect on him.

He took out a small slip of paper. his latest client had demmanded a shipment of heavy alchemical fire arms. Now, guns weren't his thing, he delt more with living weapons. Of course he had his butler carry two 50. caluber magnum revolvers, but he had little hand in crafting them.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:59 pm
Ryuu looked around the cafe, searching for an empty seat. She sighed when she couldn't find a single one. "I'm about to break for lunch so you could dine wiht me if like. My room is behind those doors ther." She said while pointing out a door next to the kitchen. She could afford to get her own place if she wanted to, but she preferred staying here. "Business is booming here. Some come for food. Others come for guns." She said with a small shrug. It was no secret in the underground market that she sold what was known as blank guns. A blank gun was untaceable. It couldn't be traced to the creator and, in some cases, the owner if said owner was smart enough to cover his tracks. "My name is Ryuu by the way but most call me Thorn." She looked over at Milo and Charles to see if it seemed like they needed anything. She would have Asher cover the table for her if they wen't gone before her break which was quickly approaching.  

Marissa_Jeane

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:24 am
"Of course," Sayuri said in a diplomatic manner. "Thank you, and yes, I know perfectly well why Akane's Cafe is so popular. I am here for the food and drink, but I have been here before for the news and gossips. Akane's Cafe never lacks the latest news."

Sayuri smiled to Ryuu, also known as Thorn. She decided silently that she would call this waitress Ryuu, instead of the gruff nickname Thorn. Sayuri closed her eyes for a moment, observing with her ears what some random people were talking about. There was mainly gossip today; nothing that could be completely true. Sayuri opened her eyes again.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:58 am
Milo had gone by all the store fronts of gun shops, all were either closed or had some incompitant man running it. He reached into his pocked and took out a gold peice, the coffee and cake was worth no more than three coppers, but he didnt care, most curency was meaningless in his mind. He had the power to turn lead to gold. He placed the coin on the table, many eyes followed it. There was one rule about the secret of the secrets of highest alchemy, one must dicover them for one's self. Nicolas had gone to his grave following this rule.  

Ray of Mel

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:17 pm
((Are you allowed to make a second character?))  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:27 am
((hmm yea i guess))  

Ray of Mel

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:01 pm
((writer's block..))  
-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff