Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Asatru

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katsumi Aki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:18 pm
Hi there. I believe I may have mentioned before that I've aways felt a connection to the Norse deities. I was wondering if someone could offer some information on the Asatru path.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:35 pm
Asatru is Norse Reconstruction. It's based on recreating the Nordic religion. It honors the Aesir and Vanir. I'd recommend Essential Asatru by Diana Paxxson.  

Loona Wynd

Diligent Student

10,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:36 pm
There's a nifty little thread in the Archives subforum you can check out... [GUIDE] Asatru

I also highly recommend the books (vol I & II) Our Troth: History and Lore, and Our Troth: Living the Troth by Kveldulf Gundarsson.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:40 pm
Thanks both of you. I was recommended Essential Asatru before, unfortunately, I can't afford anything right now. Even if I did, don't get me started n the book selection around here. I went to the nearest borders. One small section labeled "New Age" Most of it was I believe Silvia Brown (I think), there's a small shelf on the bottom with more Pagan stuff, but most is RavenWolf, then there's like three or four Wicca books.

Thank the Gods for Azure Green. That may be my only access to anything Pagan where I live.  

Katsumi Aki

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:19 pm
Oh dear.
I am afraid I am no help in this subject.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:19 pm
I am currently learning Norse Mythology, and it's very interesting, I started out learning Wicca. Then a friend of mine lent me some books on Norse.  

leowitch

Katsumi Aki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:49 pm
I started out with Wicca as well. I think most Pagans start out with Wicca because that's the more common aspect of Paganism.

Just to clear that up, by common I mean it's more widely heard of then most sects of Paganism.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:56 pm
Katsumi Aki
I started out with Wicca as well. I think most Pagans start out with Wicca because that's the more common aspect of Paganism.

Just to clear that up, by common I mean it's more widely heard of then most sects of Paganism.

Yep, that's the way I started out as well.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:07 am
Katsumi Aki

Same here. Boy was I on the wrong track.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games