Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 09 Level 1 - Casual RPs (archive)
An Everyday Thing [O/F] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good?
  Overdone.
  Poorly done.
  Don't care.
  Well done.
  Completely original.
  Muffin.
  Poll whore.
View Results

The Mad Magic Muffin Man

O.G. Poster

11,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Olympian 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:00 pm
An Everyday Thing

Welcome to our tiny, quaint, insignificant town in the middle of nowhere. Enjoy the... flat landscape!

|Title|Story|Setting|Rules|Announcements|Skeleton|Boys|Girls|

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:01 pm
Why Care?

Welcome to Smalltown, USA, officially middle of nowhere. Well, not really. But it's a beat-down, useless old town that no one cares about. There's nothing good here, if you need a doctor you have to drive to the next town over, it's mainly just a small little farming town. The place is so small that everyone knows everyone by a first name basis, and unless you move out of there, you'll never be heard of outside of the town. Most people are descendants of people who first made the town, and it's pretty much been like that for the measly two centuries it's been around. No one's particularly rich, but nobody's living in a trailer either. Just your normal, podunk, useless, boring little town. So you're probably wondering, why bother with an RP in a place like this? Well, drama's everywhere, even in a small place like this. Well, it's for that and for some laughs.

But as for the characters, if you enjoy being the social outcasts, rejoice! Well, it's not like we'll be playing goth kids. Just not the kids in the 'hip' crowd. And yeah, they'll be in that Hell known as high school. Well, I actually have general character ideas for the RP, but I'll let you do the rest. Just as long as they follow the all-around idea of the characters. And yes, they do drugs. Not hardcore stuff, just casual stuff, like pot. And they drink. Come on, it's high school.

The Mad Magic Muffin Man

O.G. Poster

11,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Olympian 200

The Mad Magic Muffin Man

O.G. Poster

11,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Olympian 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:02 pm
Where Again?

Smalltown, USA. It's somewhere in the Midwest. No one cares, really.
The town has a tiny little cinema, which half the movies it plays are ancient. There's your standard family-owned businesses: hardware, automotive, stuff like that. There's a single fast-food joint here, and the other restaurants are, again, family-owned. There's a tiny little market which carries only some things, if you want something more extravagant or... well... good, you need to go to another town. There's a quaint little town square building, and there's one school. All grades. Not much around here at all. It's a measly few square

The RP starts on a yet another Friday night in the nerdy kid's basement. It's current day, and they're all arriving in some way or another.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:03 pm
The Law

1. My word is law. Under SDRP's laws. And Gaia's. Break my law, you shall be thrown from my RP. The others, well, I'll leave that to them.
2. Romance is gonna happen no matter what, just don't bump uglies. Yeah, there's not much to do, but if you must, time-skip.
3. Violence. This is gonna be iffy. It might show up, it might not. If there's going to be murder, I will be notified.
4. If there is violence, don't godmod. I demand this.
5. Laughs. This is pretty much a more dramedy RP. There can be violence and stuff, but it's more meant to be funny than anything else.
6. LITERACY. I demand it. Five sentences a post, proper grammar, minor spelling errors. I despise illiteracy. When you send the PM, give me an RP sample.
7. Use my profile skeleton, blah blah blah. Highlight this post and PM me the profile skeleton.
8. Use a real picture. Yeah, no anime pictures. I know, shocking, right?
9. There'll only be six people in the RP. Six is the final number. No more, no less. So hurry!
10. Crushes. These will be revealed later. And developed upon later. These things take time.

::Additional Rule:: I have decided that all posts will be made pretty-like. Size 10 font, a color if you wish, and if you want to score major brownie points, a picture in your post.
Secret rule 11: Name the PM "The Town's Not Point Place!"

The Mad Magic Muffin Man

O.G. Poster

11,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Olympian 200

The Mad Magic Muffin Man

O.G. Poster

11,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Olympian 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:04 pm
News Here?

Roleplay started Thursday, August 27th.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:05 pm
The Bones

[size=10][color=color1][b]_The_Name_[/b][/color]
[color=color2][Obvious][/color]
[color=color1][b]_The_Nickname_[/b][/color]
[color=color2][Again, obvious][/color]
[color=color1][b]_Title_[/b][/color]
[color=color2][Which teen are you?][/color]
[color=color1][b]_Gender_[/b][/color]
[color=color2][Duh][/color]
[color=color1][b]_The_Look_[/b][/color]
[color=color2][Link][/color]
[color=color1][b]_Age_[/b][/color]
[color=color2][16-18][/color]
[color=color1][b]_Personality_[/b][/color]
[color=color2][Duh.][/color]
[color=color1][b]_History_[/b][/color]
[color=color2[No novels. Also, no mystery characters][/color]
[color=color1][b]_The_Loved_[/b][/color]
[color=color2][3 things at least.][/color]
[color=color1][b]_The_Loathed_[/b][/color]
[color=color2][3 things at least.][/color]
[color=color1][b]_My_Beloved_[/b][/color]
[color=color2][Someone. To be filled in later on.][/color]
[color=color1][b]_Other_[/b][/color]
[color=color2][Anything else?][/color]
[color=color1][b]_Theme_Song_[/b][/color]
[color=color2][What's The Song For Your Character?][/color]
[color=color1][b]_Teh_Puppeteer_[/b][/color]
[color=color2][Username][/color][/size]

The Mad Magic Muffin Man

O.G. Poster

11,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Olympian 200

The Mad Magic Muffin Man

O.G. Poster

11,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Olympian 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:06 pm
The Bumbling Band of Baboons

_The_Name_
[Marcus Gideon Daniels]
_The_Nickname_
[Mark, Jack]
_Title_
[The Rebel]
_Gender_
[Male]
_The_Look_
[Marcus]
_Age_
[18]
_Personality_
[Marcus is the rebel in his own special sense. Where everyone else dictates their life by what others wear and do, or not, Marcus chooses to do what he wants, when he wants, where he wants, and how he wants. He often jokes that he's a non-conformist to non-conformists. Since he does what he wants, he's dabbled in quite a bit, and has already gained a nice and lengthy criminal record. All in all, Marcus is snide, rude, condescending, and mean. He also stands up for his friends, a fierce protector, and is the most understanding person you could ever meet.]
_History_
[Marcus grew up in the classic broken home. Yes, despite this suburban small town, there was still a broken home. Marcus' father had fled when he found that he had a child waiting on him and ever-growing responsibilities and duties. His mother raised him on her own, growing mean-spirited and not exactly being a model citizen of her own. This in turn influenced Marcus to be mean-spirited and standoffish himself. Marcus had met the group in middle school, and soon became friends with them. He was usually the one getting them to pull pranks and all around live a bit more, but most of the time he just hangs out in The Nerd's basement and smoke pot with his pals.]
_The_Loved_
[Pot, Freedom, Music]
_The_Loathed_
[Rules/Law, Elena, My Parents]
_My_Beloved_
[People with no hearts can't love.]
_Other_
[Marcus is surprisingly intelligent, and he's dabbled in being a musician.]
_Theme_Song_
[The Outcast by Dropkick Murphys]
_Teh_Puppeteer_
[Lucifer Moloch]

_The_Name_
[Christopher James White]
_The_Nickname_
[Chris]
_Title_
[The Foreigner]
_Gender_
[Male]
_The_Look_
[x]
_Age_
[18]
_Personality_
[Upon first meeting someone, Chris can come across as a brilliantly bright spark that lights up the room; exceptionally sharp and perceptive, he aspires to be a comedian, and never appears to take anything too seriously. Those who know him well, however, know that there are a million layers to him, making him a very difficult person to fully figure out. To this day, Chris can still often surprise his friends with his rapidly changeable moods and short patience. Chris himself, however, is very much unaware of his unusual manner, and correctly concludes that they simply don't really understand him.]
_History_
[Born in Bradford, England, Chris grew up in a stable, reasonably happy home and had a normal childhood. His parents, however, took a slightly different view, and when Chris was fifteen years old they split, suddenly and catastrophically. Whilst his mother relocated to Australia with the rest of her family, Chris and his father moved away to Smalltown, leaving behind everything Chris had every known. Most of all, he left behind his old best friend, Laura; the one person who had always understood him. Three years on, the contact between them has inevitably dwindled. Chris still hasn't filled the empty space that she left, although he has found new friendships within the outcasts of his high school.]
_The_Loved_
[Rainy days, alcohol, grassy fields, cake - and Bill Bailey]
_The_Loathed_
[Meatloaf, early nights, toothpaste and indecisiveness.]
_My_Beloved_
[The memory of Laura]
_Other_
[Chris has a great understanding of the way people tick. He can often see the truths in a person that most look over.]
_Theme_Song_
[Untitled - Interpol]
_Teh_Puppeteer_
[Run While You Can]

_The_Name_
[Reed Davis]
_The_Nickname_
[Bookworm]
_Title_
[The Geek]
_Gender_
[Male]
_The_Look_
[Reed]
_Age_
[17]
_Personality_
[The first Judgement that you will make about Reed is that he is smart. The judgement comes from his nose being shoved into some type of book. He is also quite the fun loving person, but not the risk taker type. Everything has a plan or some way of being done, and Reed will be the one to try and plan it out. He's probably one of the only ones that actually read the instruction manuals.]
_History_
[Reed has always been the one with his nose buried in some type of book. It had been that way since he learned how to read. Some chalk it up to his love of books, others say it is a hatred of reality. There is some truth to both of these allegations. While reality isn't a bad thing, he just loves what goes on in the books he reads more than anything. His parent's were never really home because of both of their jobs, and he needed some type of escape that is just what it came down too. He had his books, his hidden worlds, and he enjoyed living in them.]
_The_Loved_
[Books(Mostly classic lit.), Plans, Sugary Stuff, Energy Drinks, And Video Games.]
_The_Loathed_
[Spontanity(To an extent), Salty things, Ruined books ot plans.]
_My_Beloved_
[For Now, Books]
_Other_
[Reed is also an Avid Gamer. He enjoys playing them as much as he does reading. Also has a small Cocker Spaniel puppy named Cortana.]
_Theme_Song_
[The Blonde Lead The Blind - Streetlight Manifesto]
_Teh_Puppeteer_
[Armed With A Tuba]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:07 pm
The Fairer Sex
_The_Name_
[Elena Zayley Street]
_The_Nickname_
[E-Z Street, Zayley]
_Title_
[The Rich Girl]
_Gender_
[Female]
_The_Look_
[Zayley]
_Age_
[18]
_Personality_
[Zayley is often an outcast in her small town. Not many people are as good off as her and her family, and they tend to despise her because of it. Due to her lack of socialization with most of the teens in Smalltown, she has the habit of going on ramdom trips to shop and escape the small town life. When she does have the occasional friend, she is extremely loyal, and shows her softer side.]
_History_
[Zayley's parents moved to Smalltown so they could raise her in a 'normal' environment. Most of the time they would jet off to major cities and stay long stints, leaving her with a baby sitter until she was fourteen. She grew to despise the small town that her parents had confined her to, and whenever they would leave, and she was left alone, she would throw huge parties, some lasted for days depending on the time of year. She didn't even care if the attendees were there for her or the free booze. It gave her an escape from the everyday bore. ]
_The_Loved_
[Money, Music, Books, Storms, Swimming, Dancing, Singing.]
_The_Loathed_
[Smalltown, Parents, Not having plans, Boredom, Seafood, Being a loner.]
_My_Beloved_
[Is not present.]
_Other_
[Music is Zayley's way to escape, she always has her pink Ipod with her, and can usually be found at home blaring speakers to all her current favorite songs.]
_Theme_Song_
[Pavlove - Fall Out Boy]
_Teh_Puppeteer_
[shauna_marie]

_The_Name_
[Alexia Madison Rune]
_The_Nickname_
[Alex, Lexi]
_Title_
[Tom-boy]
_Gender_
[Female]
_The_Look_
[Alexia]
_Age_
[17]
_Personality_
[Alexia is a kind of boyish girl. Namely, called the tom boy. She loves playing sports and isn't afraid of getting rough and dirty. She uses sarcasm a lot and doesn't put up with stupidity. She puts up a strong front but sometimes isn't really all that strong. She puts trust in her own strength and hates people who are weak-hearted most of the time. She has a tendency to get annoyed easily and protect people.]
_History_
[Alexia was born in an average home. Her parents always had work but always cared for her when she had the time. She had 2 brothers who always played with her until they moved out to go somewhere better. She loves the place she lives in, even if it isn't the best. She broke her arm once at the age 10, falling from a tree but she doesn't let that get her down. She lived alone at home most of the time but kept herself occupied through going outdoors. This is why Alexia is such a tom-boy. ]
_The_Loved_
[Sports, Fresh air, Roughing it, Warmth, Dogs, Smallville]
_The_Loathed_
[Frilly things, Nerds, Loneliness, People who put themselves above others]
_My_Beloved_
[Someone out there..]
_Other_
[Alexia usually wears a hat on her head.]
_Theme_Song_
[I Do Not Hook Up]
_Teh_Puppeteer_
[Angel_Wing17]

_The_Name_
Kathrin Hemming
_The_Nickname_
Kiki or Keek
_Title_
The Activist
_Gender_
Female
_The_Look_
Keek
_Age_
_Personality_
Outgoing and authoritative, Kiki’s a leader in almost every way. She’s an organizer and surprisingly caring. At times she can be a little loud and rash, but she really does have everyone’s best interest in mind. She’s also very hands on, if you know her than you’ve probably been hugged and held by her much more than once. Kiki can get a little worked up about life and can get emotional.
_History_
Both of Kiki’s parents worked at the state university a half-hour’s drive away. She grew up with that college state of mind, her mom was a strong political activist and took Keek to every protest she could, but when Kiki’s mom was diagnosed with a rare case of ovarian cancer and grew ill, she had to stop working and stop protesting. Kiki was fourteen when her mother passed away, she was devastated that was also the year she meet the nerd. They became great friends, and closer than siblings. Now she spends most of her time with him. She still drives out to campus every few weekends of protests and is a heavy organizer for more than one cause, but right now her major cause is equal marriage rights. . .
_The_Loved_
Spray paint, people with glasses, communication.
_The_Loathed_
Sickness, close-mindedness, Hate.
_My_Beloved_
Every one can have my love, you just need to come take it.
_Other_
She’s a strong artist, Graffiti is her medium of choice.
_Theme_Song_
First Impressions - Julia Nunes
_Teh_Puppeteer_
dragonhealer

The Mad Magic Muffin Man

O.G. Poster

11,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Olympian 200

The Mad Magic Muffin Man

O.G. Poster

11,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Olympian 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

09 Level 1 - Casual RPs (archive)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff