Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply *♦*The Writers' Oasis*♦*
the Tales of the Sorcerer

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadeius

Omnipresent Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:00 am
the Tales of the Sorcerer

How it all began? That is question which is asked from me many times and probably will be asked again and again.
Thus I decided to do this small book if you wish to call this that so that I don't have to tell such old tale
again and again to generations to come. It's such bothersome job even if I am an eternal being. In any case
lets begin from the beginning...

Tale I: How it all began.
~Chapter I: The beginning ~

I was once a normal boy just like any of you without any knowledge what happens outside world. My name was back
then Eero and I born in a small village called Kotka. Oh don't bother try find it from maps. After all it's
long gone as that world where I lived was the old world before the great war of ancients or the cataclysm. It's
now in current world somewhere in the great sea. Even I am not sure where it resides currently thought. Well
back to the story. I lived quite normal life until I was seventeen I believe and after that my whole world turned
upside down. It was tenth day after my birthday when it all started to happen. I met an old wanderer. He had long
grey beard and wore a dark grey cloak which was dirty from all that travelling. The best thing I remember about that
man is his sky blue eyes. They were eyes which when looked at seemed that they could see every secret you hold. Oh
how surprised I was when I met him and he seemed to know my name. He gave also guidance that I should travel towards
north to the great mountain range of Shii. Of course I got interested and wanted to see what was going to happen when
I go to that place but also my common sense said that it would be suicide so I decided to stick around that old
village. Oh how little did I know that in five days I started my journey to the north. An unknown desire to go there
struck me from the day that wanderer told me to go the north but I fought against that desire for five days. Well
I lost to that desire as I told you before. Well my parents were poor so I had to steal the little supplies I could
get to the journey which would take around a month by foot. When I had gathered all supplies I could get I started
my journey towards the north. That is how my first adventure began. Quite cliché story don't you think but try
bear with it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's comment: Well I think I pulled this first chapter pretty well...
With title ever so original as "The Beginning"
Of course there are some mistakes I am sure and it could have
better flow in some points. I am not a book writer nor is my English
my main language so bear with it. I take gladly feedback from this
story. Oh and I don't try hide it Belgarath the Sorcerer by David and
Leigh Eddings has great influence in this story as I loved
how the story was told but don't worry this is not going to be rip off
as the story shall be different of course but this has quite few
similarities to that book. Oh yeah there are going to be around three
tales. How it all began, The Great War of Ancients and The
Cataclysm
and To this day.
So in any case until the next chapter...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:57 am
Tale I: How it all began.
~Chapter II: The start of the journey~

It was quite cloudy day when I left first and final time from my village if I remember correctly. Yet I felt
satisfaction and joy when I started walk towards the north. The journey was long for such badly equipped traveller
as I was back then. It was late fall and soon would the winter begin so I had to find soon some place to stay over
the winter. Of course such poor and lonely wanderer and who is travelling the north has no such luxury as there
weren't many villages up ahead in the north. The north was place where it was always winter so not many people wish
to live in such cold place. Make no mistake I would have died while on this journey if I hadn't had any luck so this was
really a dangerous trip which I don't wish you had to take so take my advice do not listen an old wanderer if you
don't wish to get tangled in something weird which I myself found out later.

Author's comment: And another chapter. A short one but I'm quite
busy currently so there is nothing I can do really. I promise next one
is going to be much longer.

Shadeius

Omnipresent Loiterer

*♦*The Writers' Oasis*♦*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces