Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
"What Are You Trying To Prove?" ~ L4D Achievement

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:23 pm
Anyone else would like to help Dreamer and I to get this achievement? We are doing well its just we need some other players to fill in the gaps of the bots. Also strategy would be nice to talk about on here as well for which campaign we will conquer first.

So! Anyone interested to enlist into the zombie apocalypse? 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:42 pm
I'd be up for it. From my couple of experiences playing expert with random people online, it seems that the assault rifle is the only good weapon, unless you're really quick/accurate with the sniper... and the number 1 killer is friendly fire or tanks.  

nitnit
Captain

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:28 pm
Alrighty! We just need 1 more person. I have a friend but he seems to not like to beat expert. We should determine which campaign we should complete first.

No Mercy is easy at the beginning. You can run for the safe houses no problem. Its just at the finale is going to be so difficult.

Death Toll has a pretty simple finale if we all stand on the dock and wait for the boat. The thing is we should make sure we dont run out of ammo and have 2 molotovs and 2 pipe bombs with us.

The shotgun has the best reputation to kill other team mates. I mean if their heads just accidently gets in the way they get incapacitated. So we should all use an Assault Rifle/ Uzi. Also, assault rifles are best to kill the Tank.

When it comes to witches, I think we should sync fire times so we dont have to worry about her killing a team member.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:35 pm
Sounds like some serious business...! Worst comes to worst we can try to pick up a random person on XBL. I'm moving into my dorm tomorrow, (lol college freshmen reporting in.) so hopefully in a couple days things will die down and I'll have some free time  

nitnit
Captain

yeahime

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:18 pm
Tron714

No Mercy is easy at the beginning. You can run for the safe houses no problem. Its just at the finale is going to be so difficult.

My team just stood on the stairs, two at each door, during the hordes, and it wasn't that hard. Although, one of us got stopped by the horde on the run to the helicopter.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:05 am
Uuumm whoever also is joining this also needs to know how to "charge shot" your assault rifle/uzi. What this does is empty out your entire 50 ammo clip in 1 shot. This is very affective and even cr0wned a witch. This is needed to be done to kill a tank efficiently.  

Tron714
Vice Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:33 am
I would. But then it would be Luke or me, since Luke has my l4d right now.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:38 pm
I have the achievement but i no longer have xbox live but i would be willing to help with strategy! Ok No Mercy campaign is fairly simple just run as fast as you can with the uzi in the beginning until you get to the assalt rifle or shot gun (the shot gun is better for the tank and witches is startled on accident the assalt rifle is best for long distance quick kills) Now the apartments: grab everything you need and head for the ledge with the air conditioner thing run off the edge DO NOT jump it will do you more damage and make you move slower if you do it right you should have anywhere from 66-80 health now run and dont stop until you reach the door with the give blood sign immediately run it there and take the first door on the left now this is your check piont before you run for the safe room so grab the grenade thats usually in there (molotov or pipebomb) no once youve regrouped gotten what you need and healed if needed RUN to the safe room like youve never run before if theres a tank then run even faster (if there is you are most likely dead but oh well start over and only one person needs to make it. Now The subway: all I can say is hope to god that theres not a tank which there always is the creciendo event is extremely difficult all I can say is put the two fuel tanks on either side of the generators and stand crouched right by the door constantly pushing backwards so you go under the door as soon as possible and youll most likely (if your good) get thru with only one person dead but plenty of rooms for restock on ammo and things like that. (oh and for gods sake dont be greedy always let the weakest person get a health pack!) Now i you have pipe bombs now is the time to use them run to the first door down the hall after taking a left (the one with all the windows) Jump down to the van and have one person throw a pipe bomb now then everybody else run out and jump down to the van and run right about the time when you get to the semi is a good time for nother if you have it. The Gas Station: Ok the really hard level Now Go straight through the hallway because you never know what might be in there and where the white car is parked so after that go through the kitchen area and immediatly blow up the station it kills almost every zombie over there. Now the Creciendo event just run till you get to the other side and go into the the place where the shelfs with the boxes are and take an immediate right and that will get you between the shelf and the wall just stay back there till the horde is over now if there is a tank during you running figure out where it is immediately and then set it on fire no matter what!!! Then have on person shoot the zombies behind you one in to shoot the ones in front and the other two to shoot at the tank now the sewers is simple of you know the shortcuts a tank is easily killed down here set on fire and run backwards and hope that theres enough area to run back with. Now the Hospital to me tgis is a speed run level is one survivor makes it your in the clear but the tanks on this level are terrible! So run as fast as you can and stay together! Now The Rooftop: JESUS ROOM is all I have to say!

Now the special infected are fairly simple just so long as you dont let hunters or smokers stay on people for very long Now Boomers can be bad when you really dont want them to be there! but over all whack a back away then shoot and turn captions on!!! Thats it for now Ill do death toll soon  

ibystander

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:07 am
Jonnnn

My name isn't Luke on the internets! It's nitnit. Or Ridley. Or SHODAN. or NightmareRidley. or MetaRidley. or MetaSHODAN. or Phage.

Seriously, that's a pretty sizable list to choose from.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:54 am
Tron714

That one was, hands down, my least favorite campaign. As you said, it was fairly easy through the whole thing except at the end. I lost count of how many times I got punched off the roof of the hospital by a Tank.  

Haratio TaFotter

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:12 pm
nitnit
Jonnnn

My name isn't Luke on the internets! It's nitnit. Or Ridley. Or SHODAN. or NightmareRidley. or MetaRidley. or MetaSHODAN. or Phage.

Seriously, that's a pretty sizable list to choose from.

Is Lucas acceptable? It's not fair that you get to call me Jon.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:38 pm
My mistake, I'll call you Jonnnn from now on  

nitnit
Captain

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:11 am
Damn right.  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers