Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Anti-twilight Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

itsKaityCat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:20 am
Okay, I will admit it, I am not a major Twilight fan... in fact I pretty much am not at all.. I would have been a fan if it weren't for all the twilight vampy wannabes... so I joined this guild to look for those wannabes... what I saw was sensible people... real fans, before the fanbase spread. Which i enjoyed. Now, I do not like twilight because of the fans... their are emo edward cullen poems... their is a huge twilight section no win my favorite store... the movies are terrible, dont follow the story(yes i read it)... they made something INCREDIBLY disgusting.... its called The Vamp for anybody that wants to find it... now Im not here to bash the books.... not at all, I want to know what you all think of the "fanbase" now...

The sparkley vampire wannabes, the people writing poems for edward... the people taking bites out of each other in real life to be like edward...

also, if this gets me banned... well.. PM me your answers  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:14 pm
well looks like nobodys mad... or nobody read my post... or... i dunno o.o'  

itsKaityCat

Rachel Berry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:31 am
You forgot to mention the insane fans that will attack others for not liking Twilight (they do exist).

I haven't even read the series, but I don't hate it. And I don't love it. Really the fanbase killed the series a lot. You see for yourself. Just take a look in the Entertainment subforum, you'll find at least two, maybe three threads on twilight when there is a sticky for it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:32 am
We call those crazy obsessed Twilight fans Twitards, and they are terribly good fun to bash and make fun of. I do it a lot, mostly because they make it too easy and the fact that I'm just an intelligent fan of the series and not a hardcore crazed fan. Come to think of it, it's really hard for me to go into that obsessive fangirl mode, and I've only found one thing that has managed to do so.

Yeah, so what if I love Star Trek? It's awesome.

Twilight Scribe

itsKaityCat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:36 pm
Yonkoma
You forgot to mention the insane fans that will attack others for not liking Twilight (they do exist).

I haven't even read the series, but I don't hate it. And I don't love it. Really the fanbase killed the series a lot. You see for yourself. Just take a look in the Entertainment subforum, you'll find at least two, maybe three threads on twilight when there is a sticky for it.

Oh! I know those attacking fans exist... their was a 13 year old girl who dressed as a vampire... and literally bit someone for saying it sucks. and i dont want to see more twilight threads thank you, this is enough... i dont want to see a twilight thread like "edward edward edward" ... all the time... this is enough. now ive read all the books and I have seen the movie....all i can say now is that the fangirls ruined it for alot of people  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:38 pm
Twilight Scribe
We call those crazy obsessed Twilight fans Twitards, and they are terribly good fun to bash and make fun of. I do it a lot, mostly because they make it too easy and the fact that I'm just an intelligent fan of the series and not a hardcore crazed fan. Come to think of it, it's really hard for me to go into that obsessive fangirl mode, and I've only found one thing that has managed to do so.

I know theyr called twitards... I am trying not to use that word here though... ya know? Twilight fan guild and everything... and I dont care if you love Star Trek! I think its pretty cool... not big on it, but its pretty cool  

itsKaityCat

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:21 pm
ninjgirl
Twilight Scribe

I know theyr called twitards... I am trying not to use that word here though... ya know? Twilight fan guild and everything... and I dont care if you love Star Trek! I think its pretty cool... not big on it, but its pretty cool
From the people I've seen on the guild, I'd say the guild is made up of, mostly, intelligent fans and not Twitards. There's a distinction between the two. Twitards will chew you out and attempt to attack you for saying anything bad about the books, whereas intelligent fans don't care, and instead try to cultivate a discussion.

I've been to the Twilight Discussion thread, I post there quite often in fact, and there have been too many Twitards to name.

As for Star Trek... I love it. And I don't care if you don't care; it's my thing, it's what I obsess over and go all Trekkie on. At least it's more respectable to love that series then Twilight... because it's withstood forty years.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:30 pm
I've read all the books except Breaking Dawn three times. I don't care if people hate it. My boyfriend won't even go near anything Twilight if he can help it. I think it's funny but he's a bit freaked out because of the girls at his old school. They were Twitards if I ever heard of them. I've never personally met them but I've heard enough stories. The kids at my old school didn't get obsessed well not like that. The books up until the end of the school year were very rarely on the shelf. We actually had a waiting list for the books. Tell you the truth if my cousin hadn't recommended Twilight I probably wouldn't have picked the books up. Vampires aren't really my thing. I'm in three Twilight guilds but that's mainly cause one of them is run by my friends and the other was more active than this one. I keep up with them but I don't post all that often. I prefer the books by Tamora Pierce.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:44 pm
I think its gotten to a point where I, myself have started to sway away from Twilight. I think in the beginning I was a Twitard...(sorry for using the term. crying ) but not I've sobered up a bit (since Eclipse). My boyfriend has read Twilight (because I forced him) and he got a bit weirded out because he liked were the story was going until Breaking Dawn...and the movie...Now he really makes cracks on it...It's weird that I'm not like "OMG EDWARD! I WANT YOUR CHILDREN!" (lol, any more) and after all the hype I'm looking at Twilight like. "I CAN'T STAND THE NEW FAN GIRLS!" Because I would go to school and newbies would start quizing me, saying I don't know anything, when I was the one who recommended it sweatdrop .....I think the new fans is what killed the series for me.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:51 pm
whats sad is that i can pass those quizes... and ive only read the series once. i have a nack for remembering useless junk lol.... >3> atm all i can say is damn you twilight and your twitards....ok... sorry about that..  

itsKaityCat

Twilight Scribe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:23 pm
I'm on the fringe of the Twilight fandom, always have been. I think that's what happens when you get a slasher who comes into a fandom where everyone is straight... then the fun begins. Actually, I was one of the helpful little starters of the Twislash movement over on LJ... and I'm still there, surprisingly. Everyone else, pretty much, who was there when I started has left the fandom. Kind of depressing, but they've moved on to better places.

Just like me and how I've been getting more into Star Trek lately.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:31 pm
First of all, I couldn't really read about half of what you wrote. You should really look into using proper grammar. But, that's beside the point.

Truthfully speaking, why does everyone care so much about the fans? It's like an ominous cloud looming over you life, making everything you used to enjoy unfun and unenjoyable. I just don't get it. A fan base or a movie cannot ruin a book series. It can't work, they are separate things. Yeah, they can be annoying, yeah they are milking the franchise for all it's worth, but, why does that change anything?

.Bucket.of.Joy.

_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_

Shameless Elder

18,100 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:31 pm
.Bucket.of.Joy.
First of all, I couldn't really read about half of what you wrote. You should really look into using proper grammar. But, that's beside the point.

Truthfully speaking, why does everyone care so much about the fans? It's like an ominous cloud looming over you life, making everything you used to enjoy unfun and unenjoyable. I just don't get it. A fan base or a movie cannot ruin a book series. It can't work, they are separate things. Yeah, they can be annoying, yeah they are milking the franchise for all it's worth, but, why does that change anything?

that's exactly what i was thinking too.

If you like something than you like it.
I like my Tokio Hotel even if half their fanbase is completely insane and thinks they're married to members of the band [/lesigh]

I think the whole twilight phase is just leaving people and they're trying to find an excuse for their lack of interest in it now.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:03 pm
_-Mitsubachi-_-Fujin-_
.Bucket.of.Joy.

that's exactly what i was thinking too.

If you like something than you like it.
I like my Tokio Hotel even if half their fanbase is completely insane and thinks they're married to members of the band [/lesigh]

I think the whole twilight phase is just leaving people and they're trying to find an excuse for their lack of interest in it now.

Thank you. No one seems to ever agree with me.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

.Bucket.of.Joy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:04 pm
Twilight Scribe
ninjgirl
Twilight Scribe

From the people I've seen on the guild, I'd say the guild is made up of, mostly, intelligent fans and not Twitards. There's a distinction between the two. Twitards will chew you out and attempt to attack you for saying anything bad about the books, whereas intelligent fans don't care, and instead try to cultivate a discussion.

I've been to the Twilight Discussion thread, I post there quite often in fact, and there have been too many Twitards to name.

As for Star Trek... I love it. And I don't care if you don't care; it's my thing, it's what I obsess over and go all Trekkie on. At least it's more respectable to love that series then Twilight... because it's withstood forty years.

I think you're being a very judgmental. You seem to be labeling all the "hardcore crazed fans" as "Twitards" (which is very offensive). Having an interest in something, not matter how passionate that interest is, does not give you the right to call them something like "Twitards". Everything has critics and followers, and neither group has the right to say the other is wrong, like what you seem to be doing. You are justifying a right to "obsess" over Star Trek, but criticize those that do the same to Twilight? Withstanding a great number of years does not necessarily make something good or respectable. War has been around for thousands of years, what good has it done for the human race?

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff