Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaiaholics Anonymous - Addicts Welcome

Back to Guilds

A guild for Gaiaholics and Gaia Addicts alike 

Tags: Gaia, Gaiaholics, Anonymous, Addicts 

Reply Gaiaholics Anonymous
I want to talk about avatars, but the AT is annoying me...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lilartichoke

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:01 pm
So tell me your inspiration.
I want to know what you were thinking when you threw on that get up.

(post your avi if you change)

Here's my story...
Originally I was working with the belt. I wanted to wear it. It reminds me of a tartlet pop star... so I started making one... but I wanted my girl to be a little less put together, so she's like an LA girl who hangs out at the beach too much.
Then this person in the AT wanted zombies to kill, so I transformed her into a zombie using the new porcelain skin (which I ******** adore). Added the pool of blood, 'cause I've been looking for an excuse and the vampire victim who I thought kinda resembled a crawling zombie boy or something. The shoe is just for that "wtf" factor that I like to do.
So yeah. Zombie teeny-bopper.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:24 pm
That's awesome xd

I wish I had a cool story to go along with my avi, but I don't xp
I just really liked the Gimpi hoodie and Fallen Wish hair and I like monotone, so I made an outfit around it...

On a totally unrelated note, I'm starting to really hate the layering on tektek mad
Where's the petition for layering options on Gaia? I'll gladly sign xd  

Karma v2
Vice Captain

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Skaia Beltane

Tiny Wildcat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:37 am
Ideas behind avatars. confused I fail at them... But I think I'm quite consistent with being cute xp  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 pm
EDIT: I changed so I guess I'll explain this avatar now.

I based this one around the father Nico scarf. Still cross dressing but I thought I would go for a younger look. The Mister Rufus wig looked really cute and added a bit of white to whole look. I used the white pirate shirt for the ruffle mainly since the scarf un-equips any ties.

I like the fact that I was able to add two freebie items (hat and bag) to this avatar along with my usual assortment of EI (the Reve again and Journal) and my new favorite MC, the Ancient Katana.

I still have Edmund's scar and undies on. Can't leave home with out them. razz  

sometimesalways

Vice Captain

fxxkin demon

Eriwain
Crew

6,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:16 pm
-prods old thread-
I was originally going to make an autumny themed av with golds and reds and browns, but it was still so warm here that I couldn't quite ge in the right mindframe for it, so instead I used a brighter yellow, no brown and made it a bit summery-er! I like to think of it like a sunset.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:57 am
Razin has been an alternate identity of mine for a long time, he's steadily evolved over time, originally just a drawing of a person somewhat similar to me irl but always wore blue.

first he began as a me with blue hair and beard, with blue trimmed or colored clothes,

the next incarnation was with tattoos and the clothes became of a "bondage" style, the straps on the pants would be blue etc.

then the skin became blue and the long coat which i wore was added, i'd sometimes draw in a dragon somewhere. pet, shirt design, etc.

eventually he became the dragon with blue scales, wings, claws, last version included what's known as phat pants, pants with a large opening at the ankle. the coat changed from a distinct long leather coat to an extra long open short sleeved button shirt like design.

the tattoo like design for the inner shirt and the smiley on the pants were added before the finished form, they made the concept whole to me.

in the end i keep my av based on Razin the character i've created over time, though since razin has been both blue and black and blue and white depending on the incarnation, i give my gaia av more slack than i do the char i've created. as the av can be changed much easier than the character can be.

the most recent of designs, a commission i had done on gaia

User Image  

Razin Frostdrake
Vice Captain

Lucky Charms Pancake
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:26 pm
User Image

I hate the FS. They can be annoying and intimidating at the same time gonk

Umm I think I sent for people to make tekteks for me a long long time ago, but required it to use my dear OMFG. When I found it, my avatar was waaay more simple. It's really grown to be just "me"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:32 pm
I tried to plan for my various avatars to have themes but it doesn't seem to work.

I wanted one to be a nice little girl and she only wants to wear leather.

I wanted one to be demonic and she insists on cute little girl clothes and plushies.

My tough guy wanted to be elegant.

I dunno.  

Salmay
Captain
Gaiaholics Anonymous

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out