View Results

Madame Catastrophe

Dapper Dabbler

8,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:18 pm
Hey does any one know of any *good* ska bands from the south? I'd like to hear some live Ska right about.....Now.
biggrin
Also.
Post ya favorite ska band

Ill start

Probably Mad Caddies  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:36 pm
Less Than Jake and The Know How are pretty cool ^_^ Also there's a pretty cool one called Sucker Punch that I saw, that I want to say is also from GNV.  

evilbrainbabies

whiteZinfidel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:13 am
skankin pickle is my fav, but the best.........toots and the maytals.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:26 pm
Florida=/= southern ska... just sayin'

A lot of the southern bans have either broken up, or suck... but here are few that i like, past and present-

A.K.A. Rudie- Traditional band from my hometown. good musicians, but they mostly play covers of ska standards.

Las Cabriolas- Boone, NC band. Somewhat similar to earlier Westbound Train. They broke up in 2006 when the members graduated college. If you want some of their stuff, i have copies of their first two full lengths i can send you mp3s of

Regatta 69- These Moon Ska Records alumni were formerly of NC, but are now split between NC and Germany. Excellent band, though sometimes their early work is hit or miss.

Taj Motel Trio- Ska punk of some sort from ATL. I harbor a blind hate for Atlanta, so i wrote these guys off.

Stuck Lucky- Skapunk...Good guys, but I dont really dig their sound much these days... if you like Left Over Crack stuff, scope them out.

Fatter Than Albert- St. Louis band... see above... not a big fan of these guys.

Murphy's Kids- Virgina stuffs... its ok

Eastern Standard Time- Ska-jazz from DC... absolutely amazing players.  

Slag10

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:44 pm
Slag10
Florida=/= southern ska... just sayin'

A lot of the southern bans have either broken up, or suck... but here are few that i like, past and present-

A.K.A. Rudie- Traditional band from my hometown. good musicians, but they mostly play covers of ska standards.

Las Cabriolas- Boone, NC band. Somewhat similar to earlier Westbound Train. They broke up in 2006 when the members graduated college. If you want some of their stuff, i have copies of their first two full lengths i can send you mp3s of

Regatta 69- These Moon Ska Records alumni were formerly of NC, but are now split between NC and Germany. Excellent band, though sometimes their early work is hit or miss.

Taj Motel Trio- Ska punk of some sort from ATL. I harbor a blind hate for Atlanta, so i wrote these guys off.

Stuck Lucky- Skapunk...Good guys, but I dont really dig their sound much these days... if you like Left Over Crack stuff, scope them out.

Fatter Than Albert- St. Louis band... see above... not a big fan of these guys.

Murphy's Kids- Virgina stuffs... its ok

Eastern Standard Time- Ska-jazz from DC... absolutely amazing players.

Now I'm not too much of a fan on ska/punk, but Taj Motel Trio is actually decent. Those guys are funny.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:43 pm
like i say, blinding bigoted prejudice based off a long dead rivalry between my local scene and ATL.  

Slag10

Rude Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff